New Player Introduction

Syritt

Hi! I talked to a bunch of people at Norwescon, and I am very interested in joining the game. It was suggested I introduce myself here, so here goes...

I have been RPing for 15 years. I also have a little LARP experience (my first immersive LARP was SA the weekend before last, and I have been in some Cam games). I was hoping to meet some people online, and get a little more information on the game before I show up.

I'm thinking of making a human healer-type. Someone that can join a group and run towards the action. ^_^ Any help would be appreciated.

-Syritt

Hello and welcome to Alliance LARP! Your best bet would be to go directly into the chapter boards for the chapter closest to you (Seattle, Oregon, maybe SF? Maybe Calgary? How does Canada work?) and poke around there. Every chapter has their own links to chapter-specific homepages, which should have email addresses for your chapter's customer service staffer, and lots of chapters have someone who is dedicated to new player assistance, training, and comfort.

Have you purchased a rulebook yet? The main alliancelarp.com website has links to purchase hardcopy or PDF rulebooks, which go a LONG way toward helping you understand the rules and get a basic feel for what you're walking into. Beyond that, talk to your chapter peeps, read the forums, and try to NPC a game or two before you sink a lot of money and time into a concept that you may end up not enjoying so much.

We're always glad to have new players join us no matter what part of the country you're from. Hopefully, you'll stick around and chapter hop, and beat up nerds in the woods from all over the nation. :)

Back