New Player Question: What Should I Bring to NPC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Folks of Alliance,

For my first event I am looking trying out NPCing to get to know the rules. Other than a basic set of period clothing, should I bring anything else regarding costuming or equipment? For example, should I bring a sword and shield with me or will the appropriate game legal equipment be provided for any part I am asked to play? Same question for clothing, should I bring a variety or will the staff have the appropriate costuming to set me up for whatever roles I am assigned?

Thank you for the help,
Michael J Jones
Future New Jersey and/or Headquarters Player

You might want to start by looking here, it's Southern Minnesota's new player FAQ, but should answer many of your questions-> http://mnalliance.com/new-players/faqs/

-David
Owner (or so they tell me) Alliance Southern MN

As far as clothing, you should bring clothing you can wear underneath whatever tabards or costumes the campaign will provide -- black sweat pants and black shirts are best. If you have costume garb though (ren-faire clothing, for instance) bring that; it's sure to get you some better parts to play than "goblin #5".

No shorts, no white tennis shoes, no blue jeans.

We will provide weapons but if you have some you like you can bring them along -- just make sure you keep good track of them so someone else doesn't pick them up thinking they are NPC weapons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back