New Submission for the ARC - Waylay tips

markusdark

Knight
Hey guys,

I was told to submit this via the 'correct channels' which, I believe, starts with the local chapter.

I wanted to suggest for discussion a change to the requirements of a waylay tip. I would like to see if the overall diameter and length of it could be reduced from 2" to 1.5". I know that this is a minor change, but I think that it will make weapons look a little better. Yeah, I'm the latex guy whose always looking for such things but I don't think a waylay tip needs the same requirements as a thrusting tip. The waylay tip is always near your hand and control over it is at an absolute maximum. The kenetic force generated by an attack via a waylay is at a minimum. There would be no in-game or out of game benefits, changes in combat style, etc.

I don't believe that the eye is in anymore danger of being hit with a waylay tip than it is an elbow, knuckles or other areas on the body that move with swings and could fit into an eye socket. In addition, it is padded so that even if it did, it would do less damage than the above examples. In fact, I believe that a person is in more danger of injury from someone's plate armor, shield corner or even a spell packet than the pommel of someone's weapon.

For those weapons that are 'long', such as spears and polearms that people will 'choke up' on and pull their butt ends towards other players on their sides, you could require the 2" min thrusting tip. But for all small, one handed and two handed weapons I feel that a thrusting tip of 1.5" should be enough.

I would have to agree. Way back when, the rules didn't even define the waylay tip all that well and many folks had about a 1" tip at the end.

The two inch waylay tip is kinda funky on a dagger. I know, I know, .5 inches wont seem to make a huge difference, but hey, i would love an extra .5 to 1 inch grip.

JakSonus said:
The two inch waylay tip is kinda funky on a dagger.

It all depends how much pipe foam you have between it and the grip area.

well you figure 2" tip, 1" overhang of pipe foam and minimum 1" of foam on the core to anchor it it's minimum 4" which is 1/6 the overall max length of a dagger. Would be better to lengthen max lengths to 27" dagger, 36" short weapon, 48" one handed long weapon instead.

Back