New to LARP, what's the best way to start?

Lord_Tor

Hello,

I'm an avid DnD player, but I've never tried LARP or anything similar to it before. LARPing has always held my interest, but I never really found a way to get into it. Aside from a love of fantasy and role playing, I have no real point of reference to what LARPing is like and I hesitate to commit the resources (purchasing the rulebook, assembling costumes, weapons, etc) when going in "blind". Is there any sort of "newbie" event that you guys might have - allowing people like me to come and watch first (or even come as an NPC and follow a predefined script) in order to decide if I'm a good fit? It sounds like a great time, and I look forward to giving it a try!

Thanks,

Mike

We have a work/New player/Combat training and BBQ day coming up this Sunday (July 1st).

Fun starts at 11:00am with a work day where we build some props, fix weapons etc for our next event. I believe our local Leatherworker will be putting on a class as well.

We then have new player training/orientation at 3:00pm and Combat Training at 4:00pm.

at 6:00 pm we are doing up a BBQ as well that you are more than welcome to attend.

Event information: https://www.facebook.com/events/#!/even ... 972661594/

Or, swing by the store pretty much anytime and we can chat. I'm there pretty much everyday (I own the place) and you can always call to see if I'm in. 403-769-1909

Sounds great! I'll swing by today after I'm done work, I should be able to get over there by about 4pm. I'll give you a call before I leave (I'm right by the Deerfoot mall, so I'm not far away) Thank you for your help!

Back