New to the game/chapter/site

Kinen

Hello all!

I'm finishing up all the purchasing for my character and almost ready for the 2.0 drop to introduce them! Very exciting!

But I was looking at doing some cooking at game. Specifically I'm looking at baking at game. While I'm sure there is a kitchen, I don't want to intrude on current staff. (Though I do have a valid food handlers card.)

My intent was, and thus question, is two fold. (err....three fold)

Firstly, as I don't know many of you OOG and no one IG, My intent was to stay in a tent. A large bell tent, kinda like a yurt. And second was to use a Coleman propane oven to bake and cook with. (See Here ) And using a propane catalytic heater, which is not a direct flame system. (See Here)

So I'm not sure how the site/Org/Chapter feels about tenting, open flame cooking and propane heating. And I really don't want to keep pestering Evan for....literally every other question :D

Thanks all for the time!
-J

I will let staff answer on the tent/cooking devices. As for the baking\cooking, just as a heads up, there are multiple people already selling all sorts of baked goods. Not saying don't do it, just that you will not be the only one doing it.

Hope you enjoy the game, and can't wait to interact with you.

Renner

Hi and welcome! The kitchen is also going to be used for meal plan at fairly specific times, and is large enough that anyone not cooking for the entire game should be able to share with the other not-meal-plan people .
As for tents, I've found that staying in a cabin is the best way to get to know new people and make friends OOG. There are several other newish faces around, and some groups actively committed to helping or adventurers who are just starting. We have had tents before, but especially in January I'd recommend taking advantage of one of our lovely heated cabins.

Thank everyone for the great advice and welcomes! :)

Yeah, I'm a PNW Larper of a little over 10 years. Tenting in the winter is never easy, but I'm signing up for it. Heater and a healthy amount of blankets and I should be toasty. The canvas bell tents holds heat fairly well, especially with weather proofing coatings and such. But yes, if a natural IG connection opens up to convince me to move inside, this may change. But mostly I have this aesthetic in my head I'm going for it and will punish myself for the idea. (You know like a larper :p )

I'm excited to see other bakers! My intent is to have bread in and out of the oven near the whole time I'm at camp. I know Larpers don't eat nearly enough. So I intend to be the 'Carb Fairy'(tm) - cheap little savory or sweet buns. Cooking them up between mods to keep the energy up. So I can't ever get a fixed time for when I'd need to use the oven, that why I wanted to see about the alternative methods. But the main kitchen may be a good backup should anything happen. I personally love cheesy and meaty buns, so if I don't sell any I'll still eat them. Like in droves. Its a problem...I really liked baked goods.

And for those playing at home; Evan did find out about the stove top, from the park, and it was OK. Because Awesome Evan is monstrously helpful!

Umm, can I put in requests if you're travelling with that? Man that's a sweet set up! Can't wait to spend sweet coin on buying tasty things!

Back