New to the game.

A

Anonymous

Salutations to any and all who read this missive.
I am new to the world of NERO and am hoping to get involved with your group as soon as I can.
I was thinking that before I get to involved though I should say hello and hopefully get to know a few of you out there.
a few basics about me.
I've been in the SCA for 9 years and have a good deal of experience as a LARPer in both the society and in a few other games.
I've been a paper and pencil role-player for roughly 10 years now and was a boffer for four or five years. I'm twenty-one years old.
I intend to play Gypsy, either rouge or scholar. So far I am unsure. I hope that I am welcomed into your graces.

Brett

(my intention is to play a character named Kazander)

This is always the best advice, Show up and NPC for a game or two. That way you get your feet wet and have a better concept of what you want to play.

Welcome! It sounds like you have quite a bit of RPing experience. Well then, I hope you will join us at the June Event, from the 4th~6th.

Gypsies are great starting characters because you're instantly involved with large group of people and all of their evil plots. But be forewarned, it will take days for the accent to go away. ^_^

~Hayley

It's hard to say whether it's better to PC or NPC at your first event. I PCed my first event, and I know that if I hadn't, my character?s personality would have turned out totally different. Of course, NPCing will help you to learn the rules a lot faster and might give you ideas for something you?d like to do differently.

Whatever you do, I recommend reading through the NERO rulebook. That?s something that I really should have done more of before my first game.

~Hayley

One point for the Gypsies!

Great choice on playing a Gypsy :cool:

Where are you located? We have players all over the NW. Perhaps a few nearby you could hook-up with you.

I'm in South Everett.

Barry

The Korrus said:
Salutations to any and all who read this missive.
I am new to the world of NERO and am hoping to get involved with your group as soon as I can.
I was thinking that before I get to involved though I should say hello and hopefully get to know a few of you out there.
a few basics about me.
I've been in the SCA for 9 years and have a good deal of experience as a LARPer in both the society and in a few other games.
I've been a paper and pencil role-player for roughly 10 years now and was a boffer for four or five years. I'm twenty-one years old.
I intend to play Gypsy, either rouge or scholar. So far I am unsure. I hope that I am welcomed into your graces.

Brett

(my intention is to play a character named Kazander)
as a note, if you want to get your feet wet, but not miss an event, you can also NPC a gameday. I dont know when the next one is yet, but it should be posted soon. (I am running it, hence why I know it should be up soon) That will also give you a chance to meet staff, and plot, and play around a bit, without having to pay, as NPCing gamedays is free.

YAY! another new one! I pced my first event to and it was fun. I learned the rules real quick. Gypsy hmm...thats exceptional. You should npc because than you can look at all the gypsies wonderful costumes! :)

~Jacquelyn aka Aeris Dimitris~

Wow,
Well thanks to all of you for so many wonderful tips and replies.
A few answers:
Yeah I have alot of gaming experience, I'm proud of my nerdity.
I live in Auburn, between Kent, Federal Way, and Puyallup.

Interestingly I ordered my book from Chivalry sports and they said its going to take 4-5 weeks :(
as far as NPCing goes, I may give i a whack depending on how I could fit in but I really think I would prefer PCing, have a very good idea of Gypsy costuming as well as ideas on accent (my ex was a professional belly dancer, as well as I know a LOT of Gypsies in the SCA)
Saddly I am unsure if i'll be able to make the June event as I may end up having prior oblegations.
Thank you all again.

Brett

Welcome to NERO Seattle, Brett!

If you have any questions regarding the game, plot, creating your character, wanting to npc or what not please im or email us (as in staff/plot) and we will do our best to help you out.

-Leigh-Ann

There is a gameday comeing up. You could always go to one of those.

Of course the feeling of game days really isn't the same. They're more of a suppliment to the weekend events, created to give us junkies our hook between games.

Junkies.

I can gaurantee that from what i've seen so far Junkie is a good title for me to aspire too. ;)

On that subject, how often and usually where are these game days? My self and a friend who is going to be posting soon pulled out some of the old (and delapidated) boffers i used to fight with and had a good run of things tonight. (I've been fencing for the last 4 years so its interesting getting back into the steps)
I'm ready to get out and play a little.
Brett

Our gamedays are at Hamlin Park in Shoreline. You can find directions and info about it on our website. Hamlin Park/Gamedays

The game day's are often.

~Jacquelyn aka Aeris~

Dues and costs.

One thing I have yet to take into concideration is cost.
How much does it cost to join the group and how much is admission to events?

Kazander.

Back