Newbie here!

Tennyo

So I scoured the forum, but I did not see an intro section, thread. Perhaps there isn't one, or perhaps we aren't even supposed to do this, I don't know. lol

So ever since I first heard about LARP a few years ago I've always thought it would be fun to try, but at the time there were no Minnesota groups, and I figured there probably never would be. But now I see that there are, and two no less.

Either way so yes, I've never LARPed before, and I just joined the forum, and I'm not entirely sure where to even begin! Anyone mind giving me some pointers/pointing me in the right direction? lol

Thanks, and hope to see you all around! ^_^'

I've got this one boys.

:( Emily you troll the forums to much, I never stood a chance...

Jeez appearently I'm late to the Party.

Tennyo, As you can see we have some very energetic Newbie marshals that are always ready and willing to help new people walk through the game. For other future forum trollers though let me give you a few links that might be helpful.

First for a reasonable initial overview you can look at the national sections located here - http://alliancelarp.com/typical.php

Second we recommend requesting a newbie marshal to help explain things to you, this is done either through e-mails, over the phone, and for the occasional gung-ho new player face to face with equipment handy, The best way to request information is to e-mail info@mnalliance.com

Our Local Players handbook, which contains a large amount of information on our in game history as well as our policys is located here - http://www.mnalliance.com/Southern MN Players Hand Book.pdf

I'm Sure Emilynn is already in touch with you through pms/e-mail, but you can always send any additional questions, or anything she's not sure of, to the info e-mail address above.

We have our next game coming out this weekend, and theres no better way to experience Larp then to jump in with both feet, your first event is free and we feed and lodge you, although you'll want to bring pillows/sleeping bags (mattresses are provided)

-David Glaeser
Owner Alliance Southern MN

Thanks you guys! I feel welcomed already! ^_^

Unfortunately I have to work this weekend. :( But maybe the next one. Perhaps I shall NPC first just to check it out. :) Or even attend a fight practice.

Back