NorthFur Prosthetics & Masks, now with Lyonshel

SuperJay

Hello to all!

I'd like to make a formal post about ourselves and our online store.
We're a pair of artists and costumers located in Canada who make animal and monster related prosthetics, masks and other costume items.

http://www.northfur.ca

Over the years we've built a large collection of prosthetics, nearing 50 different styles, with many more accessories like ears, brows claws and horns.
We have all types and sizes of noses, muzzles and faces to cover felines, canines, birds, rodents, reptiles and alot more.

Our most recent pieces include an Orc Face (like in my avatar) and a Dragon Muzzle.

For those who'd prefer to avoid makeup, our prosthetics can be assembled and combined to create 1/2, 3/4 and full-head masks, finished with fur or airbrushed and painted for a complete look.
Combining muzzles with brows and ears can create virtually anything with any expression.

We also take requests and commissions for new pieces.

Please feel free to browse around, there are photos and videos of most items online in the shop and on youtube.

Re: Prosthetics & Masks

Having myself purchased the "Beast Face" from them for my High Ogre, I can vouch for their quality, and my order arrived VERY quickly (under a week) considering that it had to be mailed internationally.
-toddo

We have about half a dozen things from northfur. All good quality stuff.

Ali used both the top and bottom of the Beast for her halloween costume (I'll find a way to link to some pics)

If you saw Ali's coyote scavenger this weekend, the nose is from them (forget which one it is though)

We have more, but the characters haven't come out of monster camp yet, and I'm not ruining the surprise!

-Endorsement message-
I've been using stuff from these guys since coming back to Alliance in '05. The pieces I own include:

Zehnyu's Tail (which has lasted 3 years)
mischief's nose (which is the fox/raccoon nose for pointy cuteness)
The Beast's nose from my halloween costume
The Merax's Face (the bull mask)
The Cauldron lord's lower jaw. (lower jaw of the beast mask) (similar to what toddo uses for his ogre)
Zehn's back up nose.
Michelle's Tail for Taya
and 4 other prosthetics for NPCs waiting in the wings of plot for next year.

Jay and his partner have always been great with customer service (when i've needed something rushed, or something changed). They're open and willing to listen to custom jobs (although I believe they've hit their busy season) and have some really, really great prosthetics and tails for those that need them.

So, to sum it up, if I'm not building the monster for HQ myself, I usually get -something- from these guys to accent it, or I'm buying the prosthetics from these guys for my own PCs.

-Ali
AHoP
Alliance HeadQuarters.

It's been a while since I've been active on these boards. I figure I might was well post in my old topic rather than create a new one.
I've managed to get an update going for my site.

I've had to resculpt several pieces over these past 8 months, my older moulds have become worn out. But now I've made silicone master copies, which means no-more re-sculpting pieces.
So I've re-made most of my cat noses and wolf muzzles and gradually moving onto more re-sculpting.

I've simplified the cart alot too, combining all the various prosthetic materials into a single item using a drop down menu. I hope this will make navigating easier.
http://northfur.ca/shop/

Well, another big update went up onto my site.
I've re-sculpted more older pieces with new updated versions, these include a Cat face, small Rodent nose, and a few other noses.

The specific updates are online: http://www.northfur.ca/

Thanks for the continued updates :)

I will be looking to purchase a cat nose shortly for a new character that I am creating, he will be a White Tiger based Sarr...do you have any specific recomendations on which model would look best after painting (which I plan on having done through your store), between the Wild or Small nose? Or perhaps there is another one that I have not seen when searching through your site.

-Brent

Well, we did another small update recently, so this may help you decide which nose to go with Kevar. Specifically, for males, the Wild Cat Nose and Cat Face are better choices over the small cat nose.

We uploaded photos of the Cat Face in hot foam latex painted as a cheetah, snow leopard and black panther done for some LARPers in the Netherlands. Then a photo of it applied and painted as an orange tiger.

We've also added photos of the Wild Cat Nose applied and painted up as a lion, with video, and then pictures of it painted as white tigers in slush cast latex and hot foam latex and a black panther.

Ever since I got a new airbrush, it's been tremendously easier to paint and blend colors for the prosthetics.

Hopefully this will help you decide which cat to go with for a Sarr character :cool:

Re: NorthFur Prosthetics & Masks with Lyonshel

Hello to all!

I'm here with a big Halloween update.

We're happy to announce that Lyonshel is back! After two years of absence, NorthFur FX is now the manufacturer and primary distributor for Lyonshel Studios' entire line of masks.
We have a few online to start with more coming up shortly as we continue to clean and sort out molds and organize our studio space.

Lyonshel has its own category in our cart, and there are many more ways to customize your mask than ever before.
visit: http://northfur.ca/shop/ to have a look!

We have completed another update to our site.
There are a few new noses, Panda and Rat, added to the lineup of prosthetics and masks. We've also completed a custom deer mask for a LARPer. There are new photos of Lyonshel pieces and we've also added many new photos of other custom painted prosthetics and masks scattered throughout the site.

http://northfur.ca/

Well, Spring is here and we've gotten an update online.
Our site: http://www.northfur.ca

We've managed to make a new Horse/Donkey nose and we did some applications of our Small and Large Wolf Muzzles among a few others:
(TN)sm_wolf_grey.png
(TN)donkey_nose.png
(TN)large_wolf_grey.png

We've also gotten a few more of the Lyonshel pieces online like the Snake, Fox/Wolf and a few Birds.

(TN)lyon_snake.png
(TN)lyon_fox.png

And we've gotten a few more spandex hood based masks up in the gallery:
(TN)grey_rat_mask.png
(TN)peacock_masks3.png

So check out the updates and new pictures and videos online.

It's been a long while since I've last updated. http://www.northfur.ca/

Since the last update here, we've made more than a dozen new facial pieces and we've created several sets of ear tips.
New facial pieces include a Large Horse Muzzle, Sheep/Goat Nose, Cow/Bull Nose, Bear Nose, Lizard Nose, 2 different Pig Noses, Beaver Nose, Large Rodent Nose, a Wolf/Coyote Muzzle and a few others which probably aren't of interest.
The ears were created along with one pig nose and the wolf/coyote muzzle for an indy film project.

Some of the highlights:

We've also made several custom spandex/velour hood masks over the past year using our latex pieces.

I'm hoping to have the application of the Boar Face and a new Rhinoceros Muzzle up shortly. Thanks for having a look!

Back