Not from Andar

Canoe, and everyone else: Never have I said I plan on teaching anyone anything in violation of this ruling. I have, in fact, not been asked, and, given that I have other demands on my time in the near future, I don't anticipate being around long enough to have anyone ask me. However, that does not mean that the concerns are irrelevant. I will abide by Avaran's decision, and the decision of the Elders, until I am convinced it is Wrong, at which time my actions shall be my own. Until then, I am free to question in a search for understanding and, ironically, knowledge.

Furthermore, Canoe, if you reflect on what you heard, you would realize that at no point did I encourage anyone to break any law, nor say that now was the time for action. Instead, I said that I understand the need for patience and caution. I called for thought, for questioning, and for seeking answers. I called for challenging that which we fear, for whatever reason. I called, in truth, for wisdom, which is far less ironic than it seems. Rashness does not preclude wisdom; it often begets it.

Avaran, I will respect their decision, but I will not accept it until I can answer these questions I have posed. Acceptance without understanding is but cowardice of the mind, or so I have been taught. You may rest assured that no action shall be taken at any point in the near future. What paths may be taken after that have yet to be determined, but I promise to speak with you more privately if I have more serious and pressing concerns.

Wow all this yelling in my dreams about teaching and not teaching and about more laws on laws and respecting choices people want to make is making it hard to sleep these days..... So i ask that someone please send me a missive about what the heck is going on on the other side of the portal i havent made it over just yet been busy setting up things for me to be able to leave. Also what skills do we know they have? So far with these dreams they have a merchant is what i got out of it. So if the merchant asks for my help on what i know about being a merchant i have to tell him sorry your out of luck i dont want to die? Im just wondering dont like dieing it hurts my head.....

Xavic

Prashka, and those who wish to teach should they be asked, but won't because of this proclamation. Know that you are not alone; nearly every adventurer I have ever crossed paths with has been a willing and eager teacher for someone that wants to learn. But, that is what caused the problems in the incidents I noted early. I, as one who wants the Celestial Circle of Power to be a symbol of knowledge, am pained at the thought of having to withhold information and techniques from those that have a desire to learn them.

But we must keep the safety of Tarndale and those that inhabit the valley in mind! We should be wary of our impact on the locals and everything we do can have lasting, and possibly negative, effects. To be honest, I have seen and heard more about adventurers screwing up an area than helping it upon arrival. We should not repeat history. We should instead learn from history and act cautiously, patiently, and wisely when interacting with the locals of this new land.

Yes, these people will most likely eventually learn what we know. But, first we should evaluate our initial impact on their lives over the next few months at least before giving them the power to destroy themselves. Patience is a virtue in the scenario we find ourselves in.

Xavic, what we encountered on the other side of the portal is a town of simple folk that have no knowledge or even concept of magic much less the ability to use weaponry. There is a simple blacksmith and a simple alchemist, but the rest are normal farmer and villager folk. The entire valley seems to be shrouded in naivety and there is considerable concern among the more experienced adventurers, as well as the elder of the village, about removing the veil of ignorance too quickly.

Regards,
Alavatar

"Wow, aint that a thing. I think I'm talkin to folk in there dreams. Well, hopefully yall can hear me. With all due respect and I mean not to offend but the shepherds have a good working relationship with Tarndale but we have never and will never be under any form of law but our own. We respect the law in Tarndale and what-not, but what transpires between family is none of yall's concern. And since when did we start executin' folk. That sounds like a noble thing to me... What with the fangs and all..."

-Papa Hollis

Rain and Boulder no get mad for being told can't teach. Rain and Boulder mad that people who think they have power try to enforce it on those they do not have power over. Rain and Boulder give nobles from Andar no power over us.

Rain

There are many people that fall under the category of not being Citizens of Andar. I just wish people would remember that if you want to fall back on that then you should also fall back on respecting people that have proven themselves to be noble souls no matter the title they hold. Sir Avaran has proven himself just that, and I have faith he is doing his best to handle this situation.

-Teth

Back