Notes from the Plot Director

Dramm a'dan

Scholar
I've learned a lot from the last few games.
1 - How to schedule encounters: I to felt Saturday morning was rushed and chaotic, tried to get to much out the at once. I was thinking about this while sitting at the hospital. But since each Event is going to be different, there's no clear cut way to set a standard plan, just a general out line. Going forward better planning is going to be in place for situations that could arise.

2 - Picking the Monsters: So far I feel I've done a good job of this. Except for the odd one, (must learn to READ ALL the stats of the monster before picking). The right mix of easy vs harder, not all encounters have to be a fight for your life.

3 - Story Arcs: We have many story arcs on the go, keeping them all in order gets a little confusing at times, but I feel I'm getting a system down that'll work. Also helps to have all the information straight at the start. Some will be short, some will extend over a long period of time. Remember folks, there is no finish line in LARP, so slow down and enjoy the game. One reason the Guilds have a wide range of requirements, someday you might reach the top of the ladder, but it's not going to be within 2-3 years.

4 - Yes I get stressed: But really in the end, if everyone had fun, what does it matter. It gets frustrating to plan this great encounter, get all the information out to the right people, make the props, prep your NPC on what they have to do/say, and none of it goes the way you want because player Y did something you hadn't planned on. *Sigh* Ok, here's what we need to do. It's always going to happen, so why get stressed about it?

Some of the comments from the review I had also noticed and was wondering of was to remedy.

Thank you to all the Players and Non-players for making this a wonderful group of people. May we have many many years of adventuring ahead of us.

:) :funny: :cool: :yes: :watsup: :ninja: :thumbsup: :lol: :roll: :hahaha:
Three Cheers for our steadfast and hardy plot!

Back