November Event Review 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonKitty

Scholar
**NPCs - Do not post here. Let us know if you had any highlights or concerns in the NPC FB group. Thanks! **

1. Post your favorite moments
2. Post your less favorite moments (if we don't know, we can not fix)
3. What you would like to see more of
4. Give us a moment from the perspective of your character
5. Please add a few things that you really liked about the 2.0 ruleset
6. Please add your thoughts on things we need to review for the 2.0 ruleset

Posting rules, respect everyone's views, no debates. Everyone sees things differently.
Reviews for 2.0 get you 25 Goblin Stamps, so make sure you tag your review with your name

-Honestly? I am glad to be back. I have found my passion for LARP again (spent all week thinking about it). After summer I was super burnt out, but I am super glad to be back....and apparently others like it too!
-The NPCs did a fantastic job of keeping the players entertained even though they were down in numbers. Mad props!
-Finally getting to use some 2.0 goodies!
-The mugging mod was absolutely fantastic. I'm super intrigued and excited to see where that storyline goes.
-Getting caught up with what I missed (trying not to use my plot knowledge).... and then immediately starting to question why we are doing things (saving Avantador instead of killing Culdranth)
-Verbally sparring with Diggs
-The set up for the tavern was really nice.
-The NPCs that came through were very colorful and filled with personality
-Gourmet the barkeep!!!!!!!

-Seemed like some players were going on quite a bit or being the ones targeted by NPCs for hooks. Spread that out!
-I was sad to learn that the Liars Dice set was brought in by a player, and that said player didn't come. I wanted to gamble.
-The night felt like it did drag at about the halfway point. But monstercamp was lacking people (mad props to Daen for stepping in and helping), and I failed to make my own fun. I feel like I need to bring back the Tricksters game or something.
-Disappointed that a good chunk of my big attacks failed to land. (4x spellstrikes!)

-Super colorful bartenders and NPCs.
-Compelling stories!
-Gambling. I always love gambling.
-Opportunities for inter-PC conflict

Ruki had heard that the former Breacher's were in Calenhelm, so he knew they would be at one place... the Ogre's Head. With a deep breath he stepped through the doors, wondering if people would remember him or even care that he had been gone.

-Love United Blow for Adepts. It's probably my favorite skill from 2.0. Than and Enchanted Strike. The new per days that the fighters and rogues get are just the bees knees.

-I'll agree with Keith, the binding spell should have a name change. 'With binding force I bind you' is off sounding. But... 'With binding force I shackle you', that sounds like it's got some pizzazz.

Getting to use the Fooking healing key's abilities as well as all of my slays.

I really enjoy taverns because it is a lot slower paced, and I did not notice a lull in the action except around 6ish.. everyone was in the tavern and there were no npc's to be seen but the bartender.

Facing an undead shadow thing that was immune to healing

Being the only Hammer Outfitter. With Shauna and Chris being on the other side this event made it a lonely affair in the guild. Nothing you can do about this though lol

Interesting puzzles like the math puzzle Savant completed. I would not have been able to do it but I like the idea of different puzzles like that.

Billin breathes in deeply as he enters the tavern, 'this is where it all started' he thinks as he goes up to the bar and orders a drink. It is a new bartender but that is not new here. Sitting down with drink in hand Billin relaxes "it's nice to be able to just sit and relax" he says to those at the table. Not that it ended up lasting long

I was on the fence about slay being just a slight damage increase without the PTD call but after useing it a couple of times it works, and is a lot of fun to use.

Nothing that I used of the 2.0 rule set seems to need fixing.

- the settlement between digs and taila
- delivering a baby was a new thing for mar....no clue how he keeps getting involved with infants at least this one wasn't disarmed
- charming digs (with his consent)

2. Post your less favorite moments (if we don't know, we can not fix
- not having it made clear where we went. both the lux and calenhelm have been called "the city" previously. having no box text to set the scene lead to me rping a moment very differently than if I knew properly where I was

- the new tavern set up was good
- aside from that moment of confusion I enjoyed the mods set before me.

sorry don't have one for this time.

I do enjoy the weapon strikes for evening the field for less skilled players. the speed of removing prepare to die is a welcome change.

Many but non explicitly from this event. I have made all my feelings about 2.0 in general known previously and have been dimissed as just not understanding.

Coming in as a new character and getting a new view on people. delivering a baby, literally catching it and cutting the cord.

seeing the same people getting called up for most of the mods, and/or the same people claiming the mods. Using my racial's and then seeing NPC's with unwritten cards and resources totally over ride it. I think NPC's should come out with specific ability's and resources, just like we do. Tags for everything they want to use, because using my mod changing ability's were deeemed pointless when they could come out and go, "ok we do it again and then again again to make sure it works"

crazy bartenders, mods that involve different people, orc stuff :p

Zul'Rohk sat perched behind the screaming human. "They sure do scream a lot" He said "It would be a lot easier if I..." The expectant mother screamed again, her voice echoing off the walls. "ok well once we get this baby out she should be ok... this is wayt more complicated than an orc birth!"

Orc's poison resist. and racial resolute :p eat it NPC's (if the story allows)

The "I cant remember what happened to us" mod. That was fun!
Gourmet was pretty funny. Getting him to spell my name was a hell of a time. He did liven things up when there was abit of a lulz.
General shenanigan conversations among the PCs. The ones that stood out for me was Mal and Zul about babies. And chicken. The other was Diggs. Poor Diggs. Guy just cant get a break! (hehe)

Nothing really. You guys did a really good job, even when the NPC count was low

I agree with comments above, more colorful characters!

Arlyne and the others entered the darken room, when they hear a familiar voice, "Great job, brother, you brought them all here.." The door behind them closes, the sound of a lock engaged.
Arlyne turns to her comrades....

"****."

I just like it in general. Way better than the old ruleset, much more variety; not one character will be the same.

There's a butt load of Eldritch Force. I don't think anything can be done about it, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back