Oct Event Favorites

Kitaruen

Knight
Thanks to all the Pcs and Npcs, I had a great time putting out the story for you guys. A few favorites out of the many.

-I Come from the Horde!!!
-Venison identification tax
-snail mod and pigs in mud
-percy the little c-caster that could
-losing a shoe as the zombie troll and the general pownage he/they suffered
-having the arrogant jack npc humbled was awesome
-all things pleasure arc
-npc comrodery but especially nap time, 20 min of sleep never did me so much good.
-Jehan and his wolf tears
-Thuds Mystery Theatre 2.0 in general but I think the doppelgangers and the squid/fish were my favorite moments...and love 9ing an old man and a piglet...
-life and order and their natures...triplicate and all
-Thonesh fight...I think the walk to fight him was harder than he was, but it was a fun mod and playing him was great. I dont quite know how a 4 person boss kept sneaking up on people but I think we did it three times!! Also want to note Elles dodge. Alot of great moments of epic bravery followed by changes of heart from pcs in the first stage but to hard to mention them all.
-Finally the last ride of the elephantals, elephantals attack pcs, pcs negotiate peace, pcs attack elephantals, elephantals attack pcs, and than peace reigns...not complicated at all..but all in all a decent fight. Really do wander if they fought to the death how touch and go it would of been...

Nicely put together guys and made for a enjoyable weekend. It's always nice to finally fight side by side with most of you in Chicago instead of against each event!

Favorites:
- Percival. Every convo. Every mod and especially the Pig Parents Fish scene. Haven't had that much fun on a mod in ages.
"I'm Sorry [Curly], your parents are dead"-Binks/Percy after retelling the story of her parents "accidental" death.
"Again?!" -[Curly]
- Interacting, drinking, fighting, everything with The Brotherhood. We got along way to well! The accent trade off was hilarious. (Thanks for hoping fence a few times too, I'm sure they appreciated it)
- Thonesh with the glowing eyes moving side to side was scary upon entering the battlefield
- Being a scribe the entire event. I can't believe how much information I wrote down and cataloged. I kind of appreciate Seamus' alt even more now!
- 8s/14s against Undead was really nice. Thanks Life Storm!
- Claudus plotline. Will be interesting to see where/how you guys want to take it. I only wish I could continue to see it as Binks!
- Having my hat stolen at least 10 times by PCs/NPCs during the event. I'm sorry guys, even with the hat you can't be as dashing as Binks!
- The "Horde" effect. I liked the thought of endless zombies all the time
- Talk about Saeaz' lands, creatures and debate about "real" magic.
- Eating "30 Elemental Deaths" like a champ the Thonesh fight.
- Binks' 300 rules of adventuring. Lesson 87- Don't forget Lessons 1-86, Lesson 88- I don't repeat my lessons.
-Thoriorioriorioirorador! fun with Kat
- Kobold babies! I may hate Kobolds, but I can't kill Kobold babies.

Thanks again Rob/Nick and crew!

My Favorites of the weekend .... Part I

• What is more fabulous, the gypsies or Dont's hair?
• Name that pig.
• Sitting in a circle watching elephants attack the town
• Making friends with the Pumpkin king
• Undead hugging
• OMG !!! Look at that elephant..... RUN!!!
• Do you except my physical role play. (This said to Kim and then she was knocked down and sat on)
• Smiling quickling in a prison...
• "What happened to you Dont?” “ I have no idea. Is this what it's like to have hair?"
• "Why is Gnot a Dark elf?" *shrug*
• All the wigs
• Having to reply when called by Don't... "Don't ya know that not my name"
• The salting of the snail...
• Brain not working right and thinking I was hearing "I come from the whore...." Damn her.
• “Lets identify Dont in a circle”….. Ouch that had to hurt…

• And the last and final thing...... Having to yell "THIS IS MY SWORD !!" In the middle of battle.... No it's blunt not a sword.... *boggle*

Favorites:

My nemesis – female elephant-kin with strange elemental death powers, we kept killing each other, I think its in my favor 7-5, but could be the other way.
Dark Elf Racial Roleplay influencing my thoughts during the event:
Friday night – Judging the various members of Wayside as whether they were useful surface-dwellers or not, and whom I would need to be prepared to kill, and those that were intimidated by a steady Vornae gaze.
Friday Night – In efficiency mode for battling, covering the backside of the Amoeba of town-folk as we moved to clear out the “cabins” and “node”
Friday Night – Being flabbergasted at the lack of follow-through of these surface dwelling mortals, as we go out to get stuff done, only to end up in the tavern, chatting, eating food, and me going to sleep in disgust
Saturday Day – Wondering where all the matrons or other representatives of effective command are, as folks randomly do stuff
Saturday – Discussions with Jehan as to why he had a sudden impulse to confide in me, “obviously, you recognize my superior racial status…..”
Saturday – Paraphrased as I don’t remember the exact verbage,
Jehan- “After the ritual, you need to stop me from killing everyone.”
Gnot – “I have no issues with killing you, what is the most efficient way to do it?”
Jehan – “lots of Death”
Gnot – “Indeed…”
Saturday Night – after asking Don’ts input as to what to do about the political situation in town, as on the cusp of dealing with Thonesh social issues begin demoralizing the town.
Don’t – “Since when do you follow me?!?”
Gnot – “You are my wife, ergo female. And the only one I respect here.”
Don’t – “Eeheh?”

I like how the PCs are learning to work more effectively as a team, previously town actions occurred via the only strategy of amoebic mob actions, “surround and engulf” through sheer weight of damage calls. This event, I saw coherent battle lines dealing with waves of undead. I saw healer/caster support types stepping up to lead/backpack the lines. I saw the individuals grouping together synergetically, allowing IN FIELD PLANNING!!!!!. Once in the crucible, everyone performed.

Then it all fell apart when attacked in the tavern, by the elephantals ;P. Seriously, Don’t and Gnot were cheering for the elephantals as it made sense, and were boggled when 2 minutes after the attack, the negotiator effectively took the elephantal general out of action to deal with that (that’s what Lords/Torturers are for), and the attack stymed, then peace was made, then quickly violated by the townsfolk >_<, back to WAR then the elephantals leave when ALL they had to do was FIRE THE BUILDING! GAH!!!

Stupid should HURT! Gnot made decisions not to learn parries or formal magic nor even shield magics, as such it is stupid, and it hurts when I get slayed or spelled down. Its his EGO!, and bites him in the *** allot. Plot teams, PC groups, and NPC groups should NOT be afraid to put the screws to the players when errors are made. Players LOVE repercussions and either overcome them and feel Uber, or fail and feel Derp!, and have all the lovely roleplay drama coming out of it. ;) If you always win, it doesn’t make you a winner…. Just someone who has never lost.

IMOO feel free to steal this – One year later, the elephantal cultists of Thonesh send out death squads to capture one or all of the lords of Wayside. They will then wisk them away to the cavern where Thonesh was banished, only to be ritually reborn into the form of the Lord of the people that originally banished him. Ideally this will be done during the next Halloween event ;P

More Favorites … Part II
• Pickle eating contest. "Darn it I would have won if my pickle wasn’t so fat and long……"
• The plane of Order …..
• Pigs in mud…. They just wouldn’t leave that clean mud
• Fae purified water
• Euphoria ….. Gas..
• Getting random songs stuck in my head… From ---->
• “The Drunken guys”
• Being confuse when told that she was in charge, By Gnot….
• Falling over an evil stump (not so good) BUT… My wig never moved… AWSOME !!!
• First time I ran at an event sense I broke my leg….. (and it was after I fell over that evil stump)

Badwolf's Favorites

• 1.Meeting the Pumpkin King for the first time.
    2.Running into the door to trap Brittany's NPC inbetween the tables
    3.Zombies coming from the horde
    4.Defending against 2 zombies at once on the Thonesh fight (!! hahaha)
    5.Being an aspect of stone and fighting with a group of people like an organisation
    6.Swinging "Tenderizer" at the NPCs so much it made my hand swell up
    7.Not being able to read the Zodiac Bard book but help Regan say some of the words (OOOPPPPSS)
    8.Being a team with the people on the fight to Thonesh with the backline.
    9.Lifing Gnot and then him taking a death right after lol
    10.Watching the Snail get salted
    11.Having the Incubus tell Badwolf he is small
    12.Fighting the Zombies off Don't
    13.Thonesh is all of his Glory
hahahahaha Had a great time thank you all for making it enjoyable hahahaha

*edited for profanity*

Favorites … Part III
• Having the Elephant boss sneak up on us ...... How does that happen? Oh ….. That's right … -->
• Herding zombies and getting others to kill them for me.
• Waking up with a huge pumpkin mask 5 inches from my face.
• “Hey HUN…..” *elbows Gnot* ….. Gnot wakes in shock at seeing a large pumpkin head looming over him.
• Listening to my kids laughing …..
• I could probably go on more with this list, but I will end it with……

I had a wonderful time. Thank you Plot staff, NPCs, and PCs. You all made us feel welcomed and we had a blast.

Ah a what a fun event, wouldn't be my cup of tea all the time, but it was a great change of pace, props on putting out something that caused me to skip my usual strategy of bringing out a Kin to deal with the October nuthouse.

Some of my favorite moments.

1.) By far the RP between Jehan and Enan as they worked out a good number of their differences, putting to the test the saying 'They couldn't agree if the world depended on it!"
2.) Tarque and his bottle, from watching him jump in front of the deaths to constantly keeping track of where it is.
3.) Running across half the camp late Friday night and catching the englishmen before getting to the "keep"..."Nobody tells Regan I came running through alone...RIGHT?"
4.) The complex RP with Regan, what a grumpy gal for someone that just got a ring.
5.) The anti-Thonesh ritual casting, it was a shame folks were so distracted and couldn't watch ^.^
6.) The Lich King module, and death jesters hiding in the shadows, good eyes Tarque
7.) Saving partly corrupted folks, oh if only I had more Awakens (or was a mwe with 20 or so breaks)
8.) Talking with Elle about the catalyst we need, went waaaay better than expected, maybe she doesn't get enough credit....
9.) Dinner - Very tasty and was a nice balance of food after a very light lunch (knew I should have gotten in line sooner)
10.) Capping off a 10 day trip with a second Larp event...just saying.

Want to thank Nick and Rob for a great event. Also thank you NPCs, you guys were awesome. Sorry I couldn't stay for the whole event but I had a great time while I was there.
So of my favs.
1. "Burning corn eyes and glistining peanut teeth." lol the Brotherhood know what I'm talking about. I laughed so hard it hurt.
2. Me and Cleavers mind sync. "We should buy a boat"
3. Teaching undead how to fly.....into the ravine.
4. Everything Binks. Ryan your character is awesome.
5. Being paralized and everyone stopping not to help us but to screw with me and Vex. lol
6. The little PIg, "We have named her Mabye and she is our mascot, it is DONE.
7. The whole lich story. So happy you guys didn't kill him. It would have been an awkward moment for me and the lich when he res since I had the bottle down my pants.
8. The Brothers blade. So bad ***. So does this make Jehan out Daddy now?

Thanks to everyone who made this a great weekend.

I would like to thank everyone for the great event. Love you npcs!!!!! Alright lets see.....

1. NPCing on the Sat night mod as a crunchy. I got hit so many time the pcs had to rotate the line to rest their arms.
2. Love daisy........9 love!!!!!
3. Rp with the brotherhood, especially the brothers blade.
4. Also everything Binks.
5. Being commander of the kobold babies. Well, pretending to be the commander.
6. "visibly a broom"
7. Screaming "PROTECT THE PIG" and everyone understanding what I meant.
8. Undead snail...I mean....awesome.

Cya next year.

I was remiss in not posting all my thanks sooner, last week just got away from me in a hurry and then we had a castle. HUGE MAD BIG THANKS to all the NPCs and especially to Nick and Rob for putting together the Undead Island plot and for letting me add some easter eggs for some PCs. Thanks a million to the Tavern staff without which I would have starved and or frozen to death.

So Many Favorites here's a few:

-Summoning the Brother Blade...I got to help Kalin advance his personal plot and make a new group all the more badass. (Yes Josh it does make Jehan your daddy...just yours)
-"something has gone terribly wrong, something has gone terribly wrong, something had gone terribly wrong" "body dissipates"" got the bezerk" "got the bezerk".... AHHH "ritual succeeds". That would have made Tyvek proud... :p
-Owning the face off the mist dragon so badly we decided to rename it the "greater mist drake" fight. 2 polearm prof parry PCs, backed by an archer, a huge earth caster, and a fully prepped 8 block scholar in a golem...it was hot.
-Advancing the line with Thud, I heard someone say "who says a c scholar can't backpack" I was tapped out of defensives afterwards.
-Helping to organize a split town mod...and it worked. Phew.
-The final mods mid battle planning
-Gnot- "what hurts you?" "lots of deaths as a matter of fact go ahead and cast 5 at me now!" @ preparing for werewolf freakout
-The epic lycanthrope/winter wolf argument in my head... I threw every ounce of bad emotion I had at the NPCs and I made them cry... YAY.
-Sweet argument with Sae because of his shadow plot...( I love you Peter you are awesome on a plate sir)
-2am cheesy pork potatoes....yummy.
- My generally bad attitude towards the pumkin king... I love to hate that guy...jerk :p
-Making a deal with Karkadon..Robbie D you have a way of making it seem easy.
-Fighting side by side with Thud and keeping my promise to Shadow's Light.
-Binks...nuff said.
-and of course...no more ladder wolf...now its Ladder Rom and the roughly 3 tons of crap kit is feeding me over it.

Back