October 415 Favorite Moments, Deadlines, Feedback, & IBGAs!

llywelyn

Artisan
Please send us your event feedback: http://goo.gl/forms/cIZfwcf92S Feedback can also be emailed to plot@alliancedenver.com .

IBGA Form: http://goo.gl/forms/JHcmYOSm0b (please read our IBGA Policy and Actions Between Games: Getting the Most out of IBGAs before submitting). Please get them in, if you are sending them, by October 30th at the latest so that we have some time to think them over.

Pre-register for the next event (event is November 13–15 at Sky High Ranch, pre-registration deadline is November 8th): http://www.alliancedenver.com/payment---logistics.html

If you are submitting a character background and looking to get that approved before the next event, the soft deadline for submissions is October 30th. Email these to plot@alliancedenver.com . You are welcome to submit it after that, but we may not get a chance to approve it or send it back with feedback before the October event.

Finally: We are looking for submissions either for coin (for your character) or GS (for you) for the Acarthia Times about this event or just the world in general! Please email those to plot@alliancedenver.com so that we can approve them. Soft deadline for Acarthia Times articles is November 7th.

Hope everyone has a great time at the event!

This is always a huge event for the Tiatarins as we truly love the participation from everyone for the event. Thank you all for participating, dressing up, coming up with fun new memories. (Orange bearers I'm looking at you!) There's a lot of people I'd like to thank before I give my "memorable moments" listing.

• Thank you to Tiatar for helping Ray and I put this thing on every year! (It takes a village guys, seriously)
  • Thank you to Jack for letting us use the tavern and kitchen for this event!
  • Thank you to plot for making the event memorable every year!
  • Thank you to everyone who helped setup or breakdown for the event (We could not do this w/o you!)
  • Thank you to Trace who supplied the candles this year!
  • Thank you to Joelle and Mike who came up with the amazing cloven fruit game (more on that later)
  • Thank you to those tho guarded outside
  • Thank you to the weather for being amazing this weekend
  • Thank you to everyone who dressed up, participated, and makes this event SO memorable. (I think we're the only chapter who does this) I look forward to what people wear EVERY year.
  • Thank you to Kat for the amazing punch again!
  • Thank you to Ray for helping me run this crazy thing!
  • Thank you to Val for putting together the Spirit costume last minute!
  • Thank you to Miguel for leading the dances!!
Here are some of my really memorable moments from the weekend. (In no particular order)

• That damn orange. So this was an absolute shock to Elavir this weekend. I want to apologize to anyone I turned down (there were a number of you). Know that I was incredibly flattered, and I truly loved the whole game. (Elavir is just incredibly stoic as a character). I really hope we get to see that orange again next year! For the record, Paxton's mack is strong. I felt everyone should know.
  • Who knew elves could devour donuts like that....
  • The costumes are one of my FAVORITE parts of the ball. I love seeing the creativity, effort, and love put into those clothes!
  • Jenn's portrayal of the Queen was adorable.
  • I sorely need a red carpet next year and a herald. (Mac you were right)
  • Poor Captain Roberts.
  • The pacing of the Saturday afternoon shenanigans during squire school was neat. It was a chance in experience for us and I really enjoyed it.
  • We have figured out the "Digi-evolution" of three characters.... Captain Roberts becomes LeGuard who becomes Eldred. I had to share this as it was a fun revelation after close of game Sunday.
  • The "casual dinner" with Her Grace on Saturday evening was delightful.
  • I had many small scenes this weekend that were incredibly satisfying for me, but I thoroughly enjoyed the interaction with Berial's sister Sara.
  • Loved the interactions w/ Zhi Zhi and Rah Rah.
  • On that note - mint is a hell of a drug.
  • So happy to have Manko back! (And I love our chats btw)
  • The bro-mance between Egil and Eldred is one of my favorite things to watch.
I know there's so much more but that's what i can recall for the moment :) Pretty awesome event!

So this was an exceptionally unusual event for me, but that doesn't mean it wasn't a lot of fun. Most of the players/characters I interacted with seemed to be in an odd mood and not really acting like themselves which created a sense of unease that helped create an unsettling atmosphere. Lots of weird things happened to me that were more coincidental than intentional, but really gave the whole event a dream-like (or nightmare-like) quality that I definitely enjoyed. Thorgrim was definitely glad to have this gather put behind him.

Favorite moments:

- Getting attacked by Death Rogues and dying trying to save Fynn and Lumi before being lifed by Elavir. I'll get you back murder hobo.
- Big battle before dinner on Saturday. Thanks to all the PC's who switched sides which really made a big difference and made the battle more difficult/enjoyable.
- The look shared between Faren and I after that dice roll during ritual casting. I mean what are the odds 1 in 100?
- A variety of difficult situations forcing me to explore parts of my character's personality previously unexplored and dealing with the fall out. Had some great internal role play this event.
- Animals making noises at night and not knowing whether the screams/noises we were hearing were from NPC's or the local wildlife. Definitely added to the overall spooky atmosphere.
- Shooting stars on Friday night.
- Loremaster's Guild mod. Who needs a rogue when I can just throw sticks?
- Masquerade ball great fun. So glad I learned the dances beforehand with our dance group. Getting dressed up in costume was a lot of fun, and all the costumes were great. That frozen punch was pretty awesome.
- Ducking out of the party to go get drunk in the mage's guild.
- Alchemy roulette chaos. It's pretty bad when the town drunk gets so fed up with the foolishness that he storms off.
- Having a Baron again. Welcome back Manco.
- Red Cap Tea Party mod. Can't believe we survived that one between the fears and berserks. Ember and Thorgrim make a pretty awesome team.

Uhhh busy day at work and it just keeps keeping up, so I'll try and bullet point along the way this morning...

Linear:
-Bunniculas: The amount of "Oh crap oh crap oh crap" every time they'd show up and I'd hear "I bite 1..." was a lot of fun and panicky as we rushed to deal with them.
-Friday night ambush in Greenwood: Scary difficult at the start with the 4 of us, I wasn't sure what was going to happen, and I was plotting the retreat to the wards right as the calvary from the Tavern showed up. Freakin Jay and his death rogue. Ended that fight with 1hp and 5 armor. Was also awesome tracking down the runner with Osborne, and when I threw the light at it so we could see Alex as the NPC immediately grabbed it to try and mess with us, it was cool.
-Farmer & The Gnolls: Was cool to try and get the Gnolls to disarm and resolve things without death, I'm glad the last one did so, so I could send a message back to them of "Stop it." Blue and Frank chasing down Gnolls was hella fun, poor guy couldnt get away from us.
-Merchant Guild Mod: Finally got to do a Merchant Guild mod! Pretty simple setup but it was super made sense in the world, dealing with bandits who were trying to setup ambushes.
-Mage's Guild Mod: Finally got to do a Mage's Guild mod! Mage's guild gets some really interesting and important to the world mods, and this one was no different. The fight was really good and we got some interesting roleplay outta the captive and interrogation.
-Quick mod helping the farmer with part of the crew from the Mage Guild mod: Having 4 celestial casters with you on a mod makes things very different and blow up/bindy :)
-6pm reset fight. Holy cow. Like I told the NPCs, all the middle fingers, that was awesome, high five. Definitely challenged us as we had to adapt throughout the fight to the ever changing lines that kept happening. Was fun to ensure we had the tavern as a safe point, and I put the hurt down on Jay cause he was doing TOO much damage twice.
-The Ball! As usual I do my thing with security outside. Really cool crew, had some RP on and off, and the stuff that showed up was fun to fight. This year I noticed a lot of people having some cool outside scenes during it, some good RP from the glimpses I saw or overheard while patrolling. I love being part of hosting the Ball, be it from setup, tear down, bringing donuts, and doing security.
-Grave Robbing Retribution: Oh my wtf awesome. The random people who were enslaved to seek revenge was awesome, it was so random and "SURPRISE!" it kept me on my toes and always trying to figure out what was going on with it. Really great idea and totally cool and created some good RP over it.
-Sunday fight: Very enjoyable fight, I really enjoyed working with my team watching the back opening and getting to work with Mark's PC Fynn.

Non linear:
-The Face-Wiping Plot: No idea where this is going and what the story is, but I wanna know and I want more. The RP it created with the fakes was really interesting, each one had a different reaction and those of us looking into it shared data a lot on how it was happening and what people noticed.
-Chivalry Talks: Talked with one PC interested in possibly Squiring and it had some really good depth and RP into it, something I very much cherish. There was several unrelateds and spin offs about such, talking over the concept of justice and being just in the world, how Chivalry relates, how just being a good person relates, and so forth.
-Random RP: I really enjoy getting to RP with a lot of people, and the depth many have put into their backgrounds from them personally to even talking about their family's stories. Every Gypsy we have in game can RP their butts off I've noticed, just wow you guys.
-Merchant's Guild! This is really coming along well and its so worth it to be a part of the Guild. Both Brian and Keith will also RP with ya too.
-Late night plotting with Fern & a few others. Some scary stuff dropped in an ally's lap, and between that and the Enslavement stuff, Fern was in the Earth Circle while a ton of these two issues got talked out. Fern had some great insight during the discussion, while Porch was not surprised, Frank was like damn...Fern is more on it than people realize.
-Ball Costumes! There was like 4 people I had to watch how they moved or identify by their weapon. NICE! Omg so many people went all out, and the dancing I saw from outside was awesome!
-Cloven Fruit - Hilarity and fun. Two fav quotes: Hannah's Dryad calling Vira Pretty Deer and the whole Frank being uncomfortable with the whole thing, and Lucian's try for the "advanced rules".
-Forcing Vira to be a member of the Merchant's Guild and all of us laughing about it inside when I did it. "Hey Vira, you're now a member of the Merchants Guild, take this..."
-Fought a lot of tough crunchies this weekend, they gave us a damn good run & fight on several occasions.
-Had some good RP with the Barbarian (Freemen!) crew, and saw they got some good RP with Dani's NPC with it, that's seriously awesome.
-While we didn't make much headway into the Winter supplies for people across the mist, we still got IBGAs and next month, so I'm really interested to see what all we can make happen.
-Costumes: From the ball to regular wear, and I know many of us comment on this a lot, I am always impressed by the commitment that people take to making their PCs look good.
-Discovered its a bad idea to let Vira and Blue come up with ideas together. Further discovered that Lagarde is also a bad influence. Must not allow the three too much time together, otherwise Frank will end up with stuff stuck to his face and our enemies in a dark place.
-NPC RP: Every NPC I had a chance to talk to had depth, and was VERY WELL rp'ed by the individuals portraying them. I dunno if this was great prep by NPC camp or great on the fly work by the portrayers or both, but man it was outstanding.
-Kara teaming up with David: Nooooo. Bad David. No teaching Karas bad things to do to PCs.

I'm sure I'm forgetting other things too.

I was never bored this weekend. When I wasn't doing mechanical stuff, I was busy doing social stuff, and when I wasnt doing those, I was busy doing figure it out puzzle stuff. It was constant fun the whole weekend. Like it showed with how omgtired I was by the time the Ball started, and I was so dead on Sunday I didn't even wanna look for mods.

Last edited:
This was the creepiest game I ever played which I guess is perfect for a Oct event.

Friday:
- First getting to see my Baron Manco finally! Fynn and me were joking that we were not sure he really existed. That Throgrim just used him as a shadow puppet to control the group.
-Got to start off with a mod right off the bat. Helping the kin with the plague. It was sounding a little scary when plot kept repeating we cannot scale this mod and we only have four people when we suppose to have more and then finding out wait, I am only the only healer in my group... (I only cast lv 3 earth spells, eep!) Then when we meet these nice bunny kin to find out they are now healed from the plague because they are vampire bunnies!! I have never felt soo scared of bunnies before in my life, I was thinking this was strait out of Monty Python. We actually did really well considering that this was meant for more people.
-Also just loving my new cloak, it kept me soo warm, I was a happy little MWE all warm and cozy in my cloak.

Saturday:
-Waking up early and walking around with Faren, always nice. Sadly it was not our day for finding mod cards the one that we did see ended up another group also saw it too :(
- I also got to walk around with Peat (well I guess fake Peat) and her new companion Briennie (not sure if I am spelling her name correctly) down the nature trail all the way to the lake, this was the first time I had seen it soo that was cool and who else is better than showing you the lake than dryads.
- After that then I hung out with Warchester and we went back to grab some lunch. I found out our Baron is a great musician as he provided some music for our lunch. Our lunch was interrupted though buy the undead rifting in and it seemed like every time we thought we killed them they kept coming back and back. Our first encounter was the scariest, Jay playing a very powerful undead it was scary close, Jax, Lumi, and Fynn were all down me and the Baron are the only ones left standing we regroup in our cabin and the plan was our Baron would go out and distract them and probably die while I heal our peeps. I gave Baron the earth blade and damn did he do a good job. I healed Jax first since he was our other earth caster and found out that Lumi and Fynn are already dead and need a life! Luckily Jax had a one time use life item and used it on Lumi then we started shouting for life and had Jax run like the wind to get Squire Noah. Thank you Squire Noah for getting there so quick you saved my Fynn, he literally was dying in my arms with only 30 secs to spare. Then after that it was a constant battle after battle with the Undead trying to get all the plates that were letting them in.
-After all that fighting it was time to just relax for a bit and getting some ale at the tavern.
-While relaxing on the porch we ended up helping a Gypsy mother uncurse her son. Ohh my gosh that ended up being the best mod ever, it was soo funny it even broke our stone elf and Fynn played along so well.
-Then the trick or treaters and Rara finding out I had peppermint which then lead to a little later her attacking me and knocking me out. Damn she is quick. Warchester quickly jumped in to save me. Umm yeah I am never going to carry peppermint again.
-After dinner getting all dressed up for the ball. I have to say Warchester cleans up nicely! It was soo much fun learning the new dances. I found it funny that many people said they had a hard time recognizing me in my costume :) I loved having some romantic moments with Fynn and thanks to Belswin for making sure my man looked fabulous. And of course all the fun with the orange such a great MWE game. I approve :)
- Then heading out to my first mage party soo much fun (kind of makes me want to switch over from earth archer to a celestial archer) and then the shocker moment of finding out from Lumi that Peat was not really Peat and Lumi is now afraid that Manco might not really be Manco.
-We joined the walk at the end, sadly we missed it.
-Then dealing with all the enslavements and people trying to kill the group that went grave robbing and seeing Jax getting attacked right behind me from a PC that was enslaved and I could not save him and him needing a life spell. It was a creepy night not knowing who is going to be turned next.
- Then trying to go to bed me and Osborne walking alone in the dark, that was the scariest walk back to our cabin and of course when we come to our cabin there is a scared girl who ran up to our cabin for protection from the faceless. While we were trying to figure out if she is friend or foe, we get attacked again by the undead lucky some of Tiatar was there so we teamed up and took down the undead to find out the scared girl turned on us and is a faceless! And all we wanted to do was go to bed....

Sunday
-I woke up late for me. I walked around for a bit and got to meet up with Faren again, yeah :)
- Next we were able to get a mod at the Citadel. When I got to NPC camp and David ask who was on it and I listed out our Warchester crew including Osborne and then Jay saying Yes Osborne is on this mod and quickly gets changed inside, really got me scared....So of course the mod card we get is a Red Cap mod because Osborne is a magnet for fae. Ohh my gosh did we Warchester our way through that mod, too many fears, beskeres, body hits and just craziness. I really thought we were going to wipe.... Thanks Thorgrim!
- After that fight since I only know cure light wounds. We need crazy amount of heals, poor Faren had to use up soo many heals right before our last battle. Thanks Faren we love you :)
-Then during the town battle I was put on the left hand side and damn that was a crazy side with Jay and David over there alot. I kept trying to hit David, damn he is fast... and Jay making me squeak/jump with a bark I did not expect. But I had my revenge with a great hit with a weakness spell right on his head that made us crack up.

Last edited:
Now that I'm sitting at my desk and not passing out...

There was so much good roleplay this event that I know I'm not going to be able to get to all of it. Trust me when I say that I had a wonderful time with many of you even if you don't receive mention here (because some things are best left to surprise).

In no particular order:

* NPC shift. I only did one thing on this shift - harry the town as a vampiric rabbit-kyn along with Jenn and a small handful of others. There were so many good moments involved in this experience, from planning where and how we were going to set up our next ambush or attach, to recognizing how accurate my throwing arm has become (when not throwing over someone's shoulder), to chasing fear-ed Skeld back up the Greenwood Circle hill toward the tavern, to that moment when mist-form Mama-Jenn realized that two of her kits had met back up with her and we all solidified. This was such an amazing way to spend the 11:30 to 1:30 part of my Friday night.

* The Loremaster guild mod. OMGs, this mod was brilliant. There was light fighting. There was roleplay. There was exploration and investigation, and trap management without a rogue. There was puzzle solving. It took us a while to work through this mod, but I enjoyed every minute of it. Well done, guys. And a big thanks to Alex, who I imagine set all of those traps.
* Some of the articles in the New Acarthian Times were delightfully ominous.
* I exchanged more than three words with Echo at this game. This was also fun!
* Conspiracy dinner at the picnic benches with LeGard and Blue.
* The expression on Cassie's face when I unloaded large spells on her only-affected-by-magic undead. (I didn't know how much body that undead had!)
* Tinder having to kill something with her bare hands (because that's not a situation that's full of conflicting emotions, regardless of how bada** Bel thought she was in the aftermath).
* Faceless Inaki. It as creepy! Vincent did a very good job of setting it up and following through!
* Further conversations about the philosophy of magic, the elemental planes, and morality.
* "Who's on my right?" (Next time, I won't ask - that seems more wise).
* I swear I heard "Arcane Sleep!" which is why I ended up on my side. Apparently, I did this so convincingly that I worried the NPC player and the marshal. (That worry may have been somewhat justified - there's a knot the size of a lima bean, a bruise, and some evidence that I may need to pitch those tights).
* That moment, in the mage guild, when Tinder realized that talking about theoretics and stone elves was a bad plan. (Followed by the statement, "If something goes missing from the Circle, we know who to send Kendrick after.")
* Getting to hear some of the interior story design that has gone into the Valerian team. The pieces of their background that they shared with Tinder, and the obvious divisions in perception about right or wrong in relation to the destruction of their homeworld, are so much more complex than I had previously heard!
* That orange! Particularly during the aggressive partner stealing dance! It was really entertaining to watch it move across the party, even if I (by and large) turned it down. (All you silly younger races, with your horribly overwrought ideas about relationships - there was no way Tinder was involving herself in most of that).
* Hugging Peat.
* My conversations with Knox. The contents of which I cannot disclose at this point in time.
* OMGs, I didn't get any of that punch, again! (Apparently, I need to double the amount I bring next year).
* The total surprise of receiving a wand holster as a gift.
* The woman in the dress trying to convince us to let her into our wards - we were justifiably paranoid, I think! But, between her and the undead on the road, I think that ended my night beautifully.
* All of the reactions to the Walk of the Dead. It was a lot of fun watching the various ghosts step into PCs along the road, and the various reactions to those ghosts. All of that emotion, following the earlier merriment, had Tinder forming a theory.
* "MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!" from up the hill as the Walk of the Dead was finishing, followed by the number of PCs who charged back up to see what kind of shenanigans were afoot ("cheeky" was probably the right word to describe the Baron's actions in the aftermath).
* Going on the Walk with Hari, and getting chances to roleplay with Jack as Hari over the weekend.
* Talking with the water elementals about the process of observing the Young Races, their rituals, and their commemoration of different emotions.
* Trying to speak delicately about a family squabble while other PCs walked into the conversation and back out of it again.

From this weekend, a few specific things merit more deliberate mention.

Fernash in the Final Combat:
For those of you who did not see much of what was going on at the center of the final combat, we set Fern up as the story teller for Creation. We got her into a Circle of Power, and I stood next to her in this remarkably small space throughout the ritual that y'all were defending, just in case something started to coalesce into the space in order to kill Fern. At the very end, Fern turned to Tinder with this luminous smile across her face and said, "That was fun! We should do it again!" What. A. Smile.

Ghost Retribution:
I am not hugely into the PVP aspects of this game. It's unlikely that I ever will be. I am much more interested in the cooperative forms that this game takes, and having fun being the hero with my fellow player. So, on Saturday night, when I took a spacket to the midsection with the words, "Arcane Enslavement" attached to it, I had a moment of anxiety. After all, I remembered Blue from last year. And then I was given this seek to a beautiful story that I got to watch unfold from a unique perspective for the next twenty minutes. "Act normal!" they said, so I did. I watched them deal with Mako, and then Wolfgar. I watched silhouettes coming and going. I told them, "I walked to the Mage Guild by myself without incident," and it was left alone. Someone brought up grave robbers (who should die!) and I started listening to the conversation (while I was waiting to go back to Greenwood). Then someone said "Azrel" (I need a name correction here), and I perked up and stepped closer. And then I saw Azrel's silhouette (it's kind of distinctive) in the darkness.

I walked up to him, I asked his name, and when he responded I shot the world's mostly softly spoken Lightning Bolt incant into his midsection. I got two Lightning Storms into his back, but I'm pretty sure he heard Lightning Bolt while he was running and I was chasing. The subsequent beatdown (Tinder earned her name again) and the roleplay that followed was amazing - from getting to hear Frank say, "Can we, like, use Sleep on them instead of hurting them?" to my description of Tinder's interior experience of the events to the Biata, to Elavir's insistence that her Court Mage could not be enslaved, it was just intensely fun. I think the best part, though, was my conversation with Azrel in the aftermath - Tinder apologized profusely, and then he apologized for making the poor choices that put Tinder in that position in the first place.

It was just lovely. Thank you to the people who put that one together. I really enjoyed it.

Tinder's Clove:
I am going to leave this one vague, but it bears mention.

There was a point in the game, during the masquerade ball, when I was walking across the field behind the tavern with a piece of clove in my mouth. I had been tonguing that clove for the last twenty minutes or so, when a pause in a rather frantic sequence of events happened - Tinder suddenly became sad, pushed the clove out of her mouth, and let it fall to the ground.

And with that, for now, I think I'm spent.

Thanks for some wonderful roleplay, guys!

I dump most of my blow-by-blow notes into the Feedback form now, so instead you shall receive some random thoughts from the mind of Fynn:
My Baron is real. Huzzah! Thank goodness we get along. Could have been very awkward.
Blood makes the green grass grow.
Courting a MWE leads to some interesting things.
Need to learn more about Gypsies.
We broke the stone elf. Huzzah!
Peppermint, huh? Who'da thunk it.
Need to learn more about Sarr.
Alchemical roulette is... something else. (Need to study up on the finer details of potion effects to up my RP with them if I do it again.)
I'm not a fan of dances but Ember/Cea is, so thank you to our hosts.
Thank you Inaki and Squire Noah for the Lifes. Feel bad for needing two (my first two ever) this event.
Thank you Squire Frank and crew for having me along in the last fight.

NPC's were rocking it all weekend. Quality interactions all over the place. Thank you all.

Last edited:
What an fun but weird weekend. I didn't swing my sword until my honor duel on Sunday morning. With that being said, I had a super fun time.

This is going to be all over place..but let me see if I can start.

- The build and release of frustration on Friday night. I had certain expectations in my head of what the weekend would entail and those were sort of wrecked early that evening. There was some great roleplay that happened between our new stone elf friend and the scions. I got so angry I ended up tossing some magical energy at the wall of the mages guild (sorry Elliana and Nytilit). Then was fed an intoxicant by Lumi and decided to do some drunken yelling/ranting at nothing in specific until my lord Baron came over to ask me "Yo dawg, what's going on?". Anyway, I was better after being able to rant a bit..things calmed down.
- Mages Guild Party - First, the mages guild was amazing this weekend. Just had a really good esprit de corp and we spent a lot of time hanging out in there. Thank you Lucian for providing refreshments to us all weekend. It was so nice, I wish you could have stayed for more of the celebration.
- The Baenshee mod! Wow...first, I was honored to be asked by Arikaya to go on it. Once I saw the team I knew we were going to be okay. Totally professionals. We prepped for it, and were ready for it and we had a great time. Dia looked amazing as the Baenshee and was a ******* pro chucking those magic deaths.
- Late night star watching. The shooting stars were amazing on Friday night. I think I saw four including one that had a booming sound and another that was bright green like a firework.
- Snackie time playing L9, Enslavement, Death. I learned a lot about people with that game..things I had NOOO idea.
- Saturday morning we tried to find something to do but sort of struck out. Couldn't find any mod cards. Merchants guild didn't have any adventure ready to go. So mostly just hung around the tavern. We did get to go wake up our astronomer friend and had a good conversation with him.
- Squire School! - I loved the lesson breaching. So so good. I really wish I could have stayed for Squire Ri's lesson but we kept getting interrupted and had to go to Greenwood to fight off some undead.
- NPC/Directing this weekend - William wrote a few mods that I was able to direct. I think all three went off super well and seemed well received. He's such a good writer and the plot team is so great working with us allowing us to run them. Then 5pm wave battle that the scions were able to participate in was one of the most fun times I've had as an NPC. It was well balanced, exciting and rather dynamic. Nice work Dani!
- The ball! So many amazing costumes and masks. The dance prep that everyone did I think made the dancing more of a thing than it was last year. Everyone was super excited. Elliana introducing the cloven fruit was so much fun and it added another thing to do during the ball. I still have the sads that her Excellency refused me. I'm not sure what Kendrick is going to do to mend his broken heart.
- The after party in the mages guild - Some of us were getting a bit overwhelmed with all the people so we ended up heading over the mages guild and relaxing over there. It was a good time of just chatting and relaxing with friends with a nice warm fire going.
- Peat/Fake Peat. 'nuff said.
- Belswin finally joining Rivervale and Dame Katherine losing her belt, being Kate for about 6 hours, and then reswearing to Rivervale. So happy to have Belswin on the team, I knew even before he started playing that he would be an amazing fit. And I am so happy to have Katherine back on the team 100%.
- Back to NPCing for a second, being able to be a ghost and enact some retribution to those filthy graverobbers. I think it created some great roleplay.
- Seeing how dangerous alchemy roulette was going. Then seeing Thorgrim come out drunk and laughing. So I purified his *** knowing that he'd sober up and actually protect those inside. I felt like squire buzzkill but at some point there are limits to self-destructive behavior.
- Late night serenading by Baron Manco/Casey. We were just chilling out on the porch cause Jax couldn't go in the ward and he breaks out his guitar. We were drifiting in and out of game so I leaned over and asked "Do you take requests?". He said sure. I said, "Led Zeppelin, stairway to heaven" know that every guitar player learns that song. He's like "The normal version or the rodrigo y gabriela version". Then he started jamming out. It was pretty amazing to be treated to his talent. Then more late night star watching...so peaceful up in the mountains.
- Team Rivervale just rocked it this weekend. Everyone was super positive and happy which is exactly what I wanted. Such great Rivervale time!
- Early morning honor duel with Squire Noah. I hate fighting fellow rivervale members but I was pretty mean to him and he had a right to an honor duel. I honored and felt respected that he actually challenged me to the duel. I feel like he's truly my brother at arms.
- Final battle. Had a great time fighting with the scions for the final battle. It was a neat mechanic, I like it when we have objectives like protecting something.

I'm sure I forgot something, but those are the random thoughts that came out.

Oh, and how could I forgot the plate. So we go down to Greenwood because we heard they were being attacked and Warchester was down there eating lunch. We end up fighting off a group of undead and receive a plate for it. I take it to the mages guild and ID it but i was in the middle of lunch. So I'm carrying it around, along with my sandwich. Someone asked for some spell energy so I set my sandwich on the plate while I fish some out. The people around me were like "Are you eating your lunch off the magic undead plate?" "Yep..I guess so..oops, there is some mustard there. Oh well". Little did I know until later that it was the plate of evil!

It's Tuesday, and I'm still recovering. But this event was good for me, I've decided, and helped me sort of re-find Alis, who has been somewhat missing for awhile. Here are some of my moments.

*The walk of the dead, oh my god. I am so glad I went this year! Had no reason to expect anyone from Alis' past would appear, and got such a lovely surprise. And of course, plot chose her mentor, the person who basically created her, or rather who she used to be. And while the intended message never really came through, just seeing Illya again was so iconic for Alis and she determined she had come to help her "find herself". That, and the RP directly following, was amazing. Big thank yous to Jules, Kat, Tyler and Jess whose characters were all very alarmed and very concerned and the final snapping of Alis' branches.
*SHAMAN STONEFEATHER! Oh my god, Dani, I heart you. Alis was just starting to think the shaman wasn't coming at all, and then bam. Shaman. Such a great roleplay, and the impending terror at realizing there is not, in fact, an easy solution, was decidedly amazing. Thank you.
*Peat/Not Peat. Such a shock, and Dia, DAMN girl. What an excellent roleplayer you are! It's such a privilege to get to interact with you in and out of game. This was no exception. Alis will probably be sending a bunch of presents because she feels sooo bad. :p
*Agree with the animal noises. So damn creepy. We got back to the cabin SAturday night and I stepped out to pee and as I was walking back to the cabin in the dark, the howls began. A LOT of howls. So many howls. And there were many noises that could easily have been a person making animal sounds. So creepy. Was definitely afraid to sleep.
*Dani and David, on a separate note, THANK YOU!!! From what I saw you two worked your asses off to make this game enjoyable and seamless in Jesse's absence, and as far as I'm concerned you did a damn fine job.
*There were several private moments/RPs that I caught pieces of accidentally. I'd like to call them out, but I don't think I should as they were private. I just wanted to say I really enjoyed the depth of that RP and I hope people keep doing this.
*Cloven orange was fun. I got to kiss both Fake Peat and Real Peat, who declared that it was just not fair. I feel like the game could always be more fun, but I think most folks were shy. Maybe next year.
*Frank's reaction to my dress made my entire night. Thank you. :)

This weekend was amazing! I really had a wonderful time and want to start off thanking everyone that was in attendance this weekend.
Some of my favorite moments in no particular order this event.

• The panic during the wyldlands mod as we were fighting a loosing battle and there was no way to "win" this one we had to run from and we were all just happy we got out alive!
  • Lamplight adventure time Saturday morning. It was great running with my guild all over and finding one of the seals for the defense of the town!
  • Healers guild shifts are always a great RP experience for me this time with Parnash and Luician!
  • My NPC shift was a blast I was able to play a hobgoblin, then play a nightmare stealing all the dolls and stuffed toys in town! I loved interacting with the PC's during that mod as a big scary nightmare. you guys were great!
  • OMG the hot chili at the tavern for dinner that was so good Jack! I loved it at one point Luician mentions he can smell the heat off the chili sitting next to me and the following conversation about firebolts and dragons breath spewing form Abtus was great.
  • Drunken shenanigans during the masquerade ball out on the back porch. Abtus was a goof ball and he was very grateful for Blue cubsitting him since he had a brilliant idea of starting a tavern brawl at one point.
  • The walk of the dead many thanks to Tiatar for putting this on every year and big thanks to plot and Dani for fielding Mischief the fox kin from my back story and to Torin for playing him. I haven't cried like that in a long time, I thought I was prepared to see him and I was walking down the path, with my locket that was crafted to remember him in my palm when I saw him. I had so many raw emotions flood through me. I went from elation to wracking sobs as I told him how much I loved him and missed him. this really went all the way to my core a s a huge character development moment as I finally got to say good by. I couldn't have asked for a better moment to experience this part of Abtus's past.
  • Abtus finally got to sit down and have a lengthy (for us) conversation with Baron Darius which was great. I learned about how better to handle healers guild tasks and some philosophy about the magisterium(sp) elements.
  • Many other personal moments were had with a lot of people during the weekend and I have to thank Roland and Adrian for noticing how hard the walk hit me and offering me condolences.
  • Finally on Sunday getting to speak about Love after having such an impactful moment the night before was jut the icing on the cake for the weekend!

Thank you again to all the people PC and NPC who helped make this one of my favorite weekends in ages and a much needed cathartic release for me!

I actually didn't get to see much of the event due to my knee, but I still had a few good highlights...

• The intro IBGA-based mods were great, even if we got roflstomped. It added a lot of depth and fear to the little side story we'd heard and turned it into a true plotline.
  • The banshee mod was incredible, even if we did roll through it quickly. Dia was amazing.
  • The new definition of exaggerating, per Baron Darius: "Don't add things you think are true, don't add things that you made up...just stop lagarding the story and tell people what really happened." (yep, lagarde is a verb)
  • Helping Blue keep the drunks from causing trouble...including to themselves. Dammit Abtus and Lucian, learn to hold your liquor! ;-) I refuse to be a responsible adult...that's Blue's job.
  • The cloven orange. Thought it was dumb IG and managed to ignore it for a while, but Hannah is evil. Also, the joy of watching the mage's guild scramble to figure out if the orange rifted into their ward because they didn't see me sneak it in and leave it in their belongings.
  • The Eldred/Egil bromance is definitely something special. Watch out, Elavir.
  • The game of Love9/Enslavement/Death at Bayenna's cabin. Loads of fun and some surprises, plus the joyous proclamation when Darius realized just how many people in New Acarthia don't follow "traditional" romantic interests.
  • Learning that an archer is an amazing offensive backpack and that Jay hates it. <3 Ember
  • Discovering that smart undead with weapons can actually pout when disarmed.
  • The masq costumes were stunning. The amount of work and detail people went into was unbelievable. Bonus kudos to Dia both for an amazing outfit and for nearly bringing me to tears later with her upset return at the end of the masq.
  • The joy of scaring the crap out of PCs by coming around a corner growling right after they fought growling animals.
  • Evil blood-sucking bunnies. /cry
  • "No, you can't eat him, Lagarde. It's the law." -- Said 2 different times after Banks "booped" my nose. (no, it isn't anywhere in the law that I can't eat him...I checked)

Make up for it in November, amigo. =)

What an amazing event! Now that I've finally had time to relax and think everything through, it's time for my favorite moments :)

• The masquerade! Oh it was so much fun seeing everyone in fancy wear, and getting to dress fancy myself :) Everyone looked amazing!
  • The cloven orange, very very fun roleplay with lots of people (even the ones that politely declined)
  • Getting to meet more elementals is always fun! The water elementals at the masquerade were amazing. The death elementals I never got to meet, but I saw from afar and were also amazing.
  • My awesome goat physreps that I was gifted! They were very fun to have for at least one event, and I'll be sure to buy more goats so I can use the phys reps again.
  • The moment when I first saw the dead goats, and screamed so loudly that half the tavern came running to help. And then when the goats came back as zombies and attacked during the masquerade!
  • Oh man, the gypsy mod. So, so much fun. I hope Fynn and Ember had a good time the following nights ;)
  • And then immediately following the gypsy mod, the gravedigging mod! Some very dumb decisions were made by deciding to go on that mod, and then deciding to complete the mod, but a lot of fun was had. And everyone made it out alright! Next time I go graverobbing I'll bring many many more antidotes with me.
  • Sunday morning elven rangers mod! If someone EVER asks for help fighting a giant lizard, definitely bring more than two people along. Or just don't go along at all! Very very fun fight with two NPCs and puck, but very difficult fight with a lot of close calls.
  • Finding out I was living with a doppelganger for nearly the entire event, and then being berated by the real one on saturday night. Seriously, a huge surprise!
  • Being a doppelganger myself, and getting to have fun with the roleplay of not being myself.
  • Alchemical roulette being very fun as always!

Lots of AMAZING roleplay with many friends, overall a wonderful event. So so very excited to watch how things play out in November :)

Very, very slow!

This is the most NPCing I've ever done, and it was really fun! The Bansidhe was short, but sweet! Thanks, plot, for letting me do something so cool, and giving me lots of notice to make a costume and learn the spell tree. Sorry, everyone at fighter practice who got their hopes up that Peat might be learning something useful! <3

The Doppelganger was SUPER fun. SO much bluffing my way through conversations I couldn't understand! Much love to everyone who just rolled with some really weird stuff, only to regret it later. Lesson learned. When your friend doesn't know she doesn't own goats, it might be time for a check-in. Peat's going to be turning this one over in her mind for a while.

Coming back to town as Peat Classic Getting back to my warded tent and letting everyone for three counties around know how I felt about it and who was to blame. Some really great roleplay followed, so thank you to everyone who was there, especially Jax!

Grave robbing, nature walks with Puck and Ember and Bryony, the cloven fruit, and dancing with everyone at the ball. I wish Peat could have been there!

Alchemical roulette. How eventful! I'd tell you that nobody got married this time, but what happens at alchemical roulette stays at alchemical roulette.

Not knowing your longest friend IG has been taken over by a doppleganger! Ugh. Terrible

Attacking the knox doppleganger was great fun! I finally use that damn confine I always take and WHAT HAPPENS?? Reflect...I hate you, Fake Knox.

The masquerade was so much fun! I'm glad I went to dance practice and that my partner also made sure they knew what was up, we rocked!

I'm so excited about the cloven orange, certainly it is best left for special occasions but I found it to be fun and interesting RP.

Alchemical roulette was interesting as always, I'm glad my friends made sure I didn't get the paranoia, <3

Warchester warchestering almost to a party wipe TWICE while I was there. I'm really feeling wrecking ball as our theme song.

Gypsy mod! SO much fun! Probably one of the funnest mods I've done in a while.

Also a shout out to Tim's tower astronomer! That guy is great and I'm glad Tim played him with Kendrick and Lumi even though Tim was in so much pain.

Making terrible choices in rooms full of people and really going....crap, that was bad and please don't ruin me for it.

Lumi has grown and changed a lot in a year and I'm super excited to see how her character develops further.

Let's see...

Winging 3 stories in front of a tavern full of people is always great.

The "Digi-Evolution" of Captain Roberts and the implications therein.

Having lunch with the Baronies...Twice. In one day. :D

Discussing Politics and Racial Stereotypes with Water Elementals. So much fun!

Being attacked because of mint...Never underestimate a Saar.

A refresher course in breach and clear tactics (fewer grenades and more magic!).

Romani Pyrotechnics...'nuff said.

Knifing some poor PCs in the back before getting a chest full of lightning/magic.

Owlbear nesting and mating rituals.

Secret Door/Secret War.

Oh and fangirling over Squire Noah and Squire Frank.

Back