OEF Family Portrait

Seabass

Scholar
So I got a little carried away and thought I would start my next background project. Some art that isn't for work at all.

So I made chibbi placeholders in a portrait style to map out a large size drawing I am going to do by hand. It will take a good long time but this one was fun for the moment. Hard to belive it has been more than ten years since we started the Order of the Emerald Flame. That wasn't even when we first started LARPing. I have to say that pulling back from this picture I am proud of our family group in LARPing. So much so that I also just started the books. More on that later..... :D

Large_Sizes_of_OEF_Pic_by_9_5Gaming.png

There aren't any names next to them. But he's going to add them when he actually draws it out.

I actually have NO time on my hands. I work for a software company and often times I end up testing something, downloading something, reinstalling something.... whatever where I am just sitting there. I have multiple computers on my desk so I would pass the short "do nothing" times by writing plots and making Chibbis. All that changes tomorrow when we launch some new software and my life goes to all hell.

There are two extra characters behind Porthios and Quinn to show off their golem forms so those aren't actual people.

Here is the complete list in no particular order at all (I humbly apologize if I misspelled names).

Zane
Mathis
Quinn
Goth
Drex
Zeck
Taia
Yuki
Kagetsu
Nelix
Borak
Vishanti
Glen
Link
Porthios
Column
Saric
Horatio
Dramis
Madigan
Genesis
Keo
Zander
Drucilla
Anlyse
Renni
Balis
Deria
Allie
Lil Vic
Alister
Demis
Will
Zeke
Keo
Fish

I should also add some details about this since you people are the only ones likely to care... :)

I don't know how often but I will be drawing one of each character in individual poses then coloring them. I will post them up one by one and when all 36 +2 golems are done I will map them into this same family portrait as they are here now. The pictures are going to be posted on my deviant art page and on 9-5gaming.com once it goes live. Once the portrait is done if you want to order prints I will be making them available poster sized.

I also realize that there are more than three dozen people that also made the OEF happen. So if anyone wants character art done once this project is done I will be happy to do so.

I have no idea how long this will take. I literately did this in between moments at work. It is the background project for me, art for the sake of it and not for work. I just wanted to tribute it. Doing this project also made me go out and copy write the guild name along with the character names. I already outlined my first book. :)

I want to thank each and every person in the OEF personally when I see this mock up picture. Nero was my baseball from 16 to present. I look back on it with the fondness that you see it those horrible Billy Crystal movies about baseball, and The Sandlot (which wasn't horrible). Each character has a story behind them that was actually lived out. I can tell you a story for each person there. Even the newest people from far away.

That is a hellofa thing to me.

Marcena said:
I recognize Casan and Will, but that's really it. Awesome, though!

I just realized you meant Will as in John Badeen. That isn't the same Will that is listed or shown here. That Will was not in the OEF actually.

The Will referenced in this was played by a guy named Andy many years back. He happens to be the happy savage one near the top. The one you likely think is Will is actually Managan. He stopped playing even earlier but is held as one of the better combat rogues the game has known.

There will be a refresh to this post later tonight. Two characters got left out, some tweaks to other characters are needed, and a screen size needs to be adjusted so the whole thing fits right. That and due to popular thought names listed to each :)

You can see the big version at deviant art here: http://9-5gaming.deviantart.com/art/Lar ... c-82076185

Back