OEF roll call

Seabass

Scholar
Some people might remember me putting together a big ol family portrait of the OEF in the little pseudo chibbi avatars two years back. Well I am in the middle of putting up my web comic right now among a few other projects. With all the frustration that HTML causes me, to say nothing of the other art development stuff I work on, I have "frustration art projects". Mostly these take form in just sketching, or trying to learn not to suck at 2D art. I thought for kicks I would start making a new family portrait to include all those that came before, and the newest people whom have joined. This time I want to draw them all out. In what style I haven't fully chosen but I am thinking something similar to my cartooning style with a bit more detail. So that brings us to the point....

Most OEF don't play any more, permed, or whatever (it's been over a decade so yeah...). If you are the owner of said characters both past or present I would ask that you post a short description of the character as you see them portrayed.

Let me clarify that just a bit more: Most important are the facts. That includes but isn't limited to: class, race, skills, transforms, weapons of choice, specific weapons you used or would prefer the character be shown using, the key points of your costume, marks on your face, effects present on your character... and do on. There will be a good deal of embellishment and artistic flourish on my part because this is supposed to also be an exercise to make me better at my favorite hobby. A picture of the character might not be a bad idea either so it can be close to your actual face (though there will be some exaggeration of course, doubly so for those who are anything but human). It's also important that you know it not necessarily be the character at present (or at time of demise), but could be what they are best known for.

After all the facts are in I would gladly take suggestions on what they might be doing in their action pose. If you do want to make that suggestion make several, and please know that the character will be standing on their own in a action pose. The same pose will go into the big combined portrait. Thus you can't say, "I want Zane posed ripping the head off a black dragon while pooping in the woods like a good bear should". That ain't gonna happen. You can say something like "I think Zane would look best casting very "earthy" rituals in a circle, or posed fight with his club and ax, hands glowing and all torn up from hours of fighting". Outside props and elements complicate things too much for these big shots. If you have a good idea I'll use it or run with it. Even listing off a favorite moment in your characters past can help. Relying on my memory for clarity is like getting a beat up parachute bag handed to you by a guy with wild eyes and seven pairs of shears strapped to him saying "trust me, it's fine".

Like the last picture this applies to anyone that has been in the Order of the Emerald Flame, even technically.

Needless to say this is going to take a while, being my backburner frustration project (of which there are a few). Still I intend to keep on it until it's done. As I knock out characters I'll post up individuals as a progression of the work.

Thanks in advance!

Travis/Zane

Here is a picture of some source art I did of one of my comic characters that will have a similar style to what I want to do:
alex%20fist.jpg

Back