Of boats adn the Sea

Hail
got a question for you if you dont mind (anwsering that is too late if you mind questions)

Dose Alliance RP boat actions?
Alliance NJ has an Economics package and it seems that owning a boat is nothing more then oog pulling stones and managing your ship, but it seems that there are a few ships crews out there and it seems that you guys might actualy do ship battles and sea adventures?

Do you RP ship voyages and ships?
would be awsome if they constructed a ships deck and had adventures!

In my experience for the most part owning a boat IG is a flavor thing that can come into play in plot writeups.

Once or twice there has actually been boats used on stage IG, but for the most part there is a lot of imagination involved in the actually encounter. And at no point in those encounters that I've been in was the boat actually owned by a PC.

-Hoyce

since HQ has there own private site it would be neat if they built (or players built) a Ship or two
would be awsome if they could be on wheeles so could be moved for ship vs ship or apart so two ships crews could do Rp sailing alone
wouldnt have to be much more then the main deck on a Cart with some Masts and A rail
Players could then RP a ship voyage a sea battle or just the trip up stream to a remote area (no actual water)
Sea Npc critters would have a much easer time as they know where the players are can attack them when needed :)

I know it would be a long long time from now as they have bunk beds and tables and chairs and cabins to build but would be nice sometime down the road (or river) ;)

Bowin Morris
Sailor/Healer

One thing to note besides having other projects needed done:

The town of Fairdale (the IG location for most of the events) is not by the ocean, so unless there is an event that the location changes to a place by the bay or ocean, a huge ship like that would not be there.

Now by all means you can spend IG money to "buy" a ship.

I know that in NJ there is a character named Parduc who has his own crew and a ship.

As mentioned, we do have sometines encounters where we Role Play being on or by a ship.

In my short time in Alliance, I can remember two times where we had a ship as an encounter/module.

Jim

if you build it they will come :)

We've certainly done adventures where the players had to get on a boat, and we've made some interesting phys reps for it! (One of the modules on the website takes place entirely on a boat).

Yeah, the creek at the Faire Play site is a bit too small to explain a ship!

I was thinking that in some remote part of the Gounds you could build a mock up of the Deck with masts
Players who need too can hike to it (IG they took horses or Wagons or magic transport)
Wouldnt actualy be in water just an area declaired the sea

Nj chapter has boat ownership rules and since they (and possibly others) will be using the campsite it would be neat!

fw

neat maybe, but not practicle. the costs and time to build what you're proposing for something that would only be used for a few mods, maybe twice a year, would be totally unjustified. I am more excited about the plans Faireplay are already working on like bunk beds and cabins.

Robb Graves said:
neat maybe, but not practicle. the costs and time to build what you're proposing for something that would only be used for a few mods, maybe twice a year, would be totally unjustified. I am more excited about the plans Faireplay are already working on like bunk beds and cabins.

We have so many other projects that are much more important...

Enough cabins and beds for everyone
Buildings for the guilds
Bridges over the creek
Rooms in the NPC area for logistics and props
A porch and staircase to the tavern from the town
Private rooms off the tavern for individuals and couples who want them
A septic system and toilets
Finishing the basement as a module area
Better kitchen
Enlarging the parking lot
Fencing to block the road
Adding a second floor to the tavern and NPC area
Building more trails in the woods (we've really only used about 10% of all that land back there)
Insulating the buildings and adding heat

... and that's just off the top of my head, and I'm sure I've forgotten some others we have planned.

Cool things like goblin caves in the woods, elven treehouses, and such will have to wait. We have limited resources you know. (Attend a lot of events and bring lots of friends, and the more money we will have for doing these things, you know!)

it all sounds super and cant wait to see each project move from dream to reality!

We are the music makers we are the dreamers of dreams

fw

Fearless Leader said:
Robb Graves said:

We have so many other projects that are much more important...

Enough cabins and beds for everyone
Buildings for the guilds
Bridges over the creek
Rooms in the NPC area for logistics and props
A porch and staircase to the tavern from the town
Private rooms off the tavern for individuals and couples who want them
A septic system and toilets
Finishing the basement as a module area
Better kitchen
Enlarging the parking lot
Fencing to block the road
Adding a second floor to the tavern and NPC area
Building more trails in the woods (we've really only used about 10% of all that land back there)
Insulating the buildings and adding heat

... and that's just off the top of my head, and I'm sure I've forgotten some others we have planned.

Cool things like goblin caves in the woods, elven treehouses, and such will have to wait. We have limited resources you know. (Attend a lot of events and bring lots of friends, and the more money we will have for doing these things, you know!)

Wow.

I have heard of some of these ideas from the Faire Play members, but not all of them.

It would definitely be cool to see the tavern like an inn with the eating area on the first floor and rooms up above on the second floor.

One thing I'd add to that list is to fix the electricial problem.

I remember during the October event last year that the circuit breaker kept overloading each time someone tried using a space heater or coffee pot.

JIM

Back