Ooo What does this potion do?!

So, in character Lhrayven Glacerwind received, what I would consider, a small inhertiance over this last event. Among what was given to her were some potions/items that I have questions to the nature in which they can/would be used and or just what exactly are their properties in general. Any help would be most appreciated in furthering my understanding of these things that I have.

The items/potions/etc as listed:

~~Anidote - Okay so we generally know what it does, but I wish to make sure I know pretty much all of what it can cure.
~~Elemental Shield - It sounds pretty self-explanitory, but I just wish to make sure.
~~Cure Diease - Same as above.
~~Release Potion - same as above.
~~Euphoria Potion - Yes; just what does this do and when can I use it?
~~NAS-RE00334 - Fangtooth: What could I possibly use this for?
~~NAS- RE00322 Wand: Same as above
~~SEA-RE00988 Cariosus
~~SEA-RE00994 Fangtooth - I would assume it has the same properties as the one listed above, but I want to make sure.
~~SEA-RE00975 Jetsam - Same as above, above
~~NAS-RE00340 Heartstone - same as above, above
~~SEA-RE00990 Nightshade

and this last item I am unable to read the writing on entirely so I'm not exactly sure what it is. What is below is what I can read/make out:
~~Sea lco (unable to read last few letters)

That is what I have so far. Thanks.

~~Elemental Shield - It sounds pretty self-explanitory, but I just wish to make sure.

This allows you to call 'Elemental Shield' to anything striking or delivering an elemental effect. It works just like a spell shield does against magic. (There are various spells such as elemental blade, elemental blast, etc)

Well this one is hugely important. Usually people are diseased, but in the case of Cure Diease, it is much more rare. :p

Will free someone from Pin, Bind, Web, Confine, Entangle. It basically frees you from everything but Prison.

Doesn't interfere with game skills. Basically makes you 'high' and is also highly addictive. It requires a specific antidote.

You could give it to Balryn. He's a likable kinda guy. Either that or you could stockpile a bunch of them and have a formal caster put rituals on your body. Most basic rituals require at least 2-4 components like these. Its worth about 2 gold ingame (depending on supply/demand)

Again, worth about 2 gold.

~~SEA-RE00988 Cariosus

2 gold. Detect a trend yet?

~~SEA-RE00994 Fangtooth - I would assume it has the same properties as the one listed above, but I want to make sure.

2 gold.

2.1 gold.

2 gold.

~~SEA-RE00990 Nightshade

2 gold.

and this last item I am unable to read the writing on entirely so I'm not exactly sure what it is. What is below is what I can read/make out:

Seattle Local Chapater Only. It means whatever this item is only works in Seattle. It cannot be transferred to another chapter without express permission from the two chapters.

JESUS I thought I made out like a bandit at the event!

Egor said:
JESUS I thought I made out like a bandit at the event!

But that is just the tip of the iceburg really, but wouldn't you like to know what else Lhrayven aquired. :D

Howdy. To start, I'd heavily recommend getting a rulebook. Most of these are covered in it. :)

Lhrayven Glacierwind said:
~~Anidote - Okay so we generally know what it does, but I wish to make sure I know pretty much all of what it can cure.
Cures button-nosedredheads who have a penchant for tap-dancing. Antidotes, on the other hand, remove alteration effects, as per the rulebook.

Barry's response is misleading (or wrong, but I like him, so we'll say misleading. :) ). Elemental Shield stops the first "Elemental >effect<" call in a manner similar to Spell Shield working against spells or "Magic Effect".

For instance, if you were hit by a packet where the player called "Elemental >Death<", you would respond with "Elemental Shield". The same thing for "10 Elemental >Flame<". On the other hand, it would not work against the "10 Arcane Flame", "Magic Death", or the typical Elemental Blade or Elemental Blast spells.

Removes the Disease effect from most people, Undead who are affected by this act as though they were a living person that got diseased.

Undoes any bindings, including shackles, chains, any of the Binding effect group spells, etc. Sadly, it does not undo shirt lacings.

A character affected by the Euphoria essentially experiences, well, Euphoria. There are further rules covered in the rulebook, but basically, its the closest thing to a drug within the context of the game.

~~SEA-RE00988 Cariosus
~~SEA-RE00990 Nightshade
These are reagents, covered under the Formal Magic section of the rulebook.

An item specific to the Seattle plot and campaign. Typically, LCO (local chapter only) items cannot travel out of the chapter.

So, in character Lhrayven Glacerwind received, what I would consider, a small inhertiance over this last event. Among what was given to her were some potions/items that I have questions to the nature in which they can/would be used and or just what exactly are their properties in general. Any help would be most appreciated in furthering my understanding of these things that I have.

The items/potions/etc as listed:

~~SEA-RE00988 Cariosus
~~SEA-RE00990 Nightshade

That is what I have so far. Thanks.
My advice, take all these things to the next gameday your at and get a look at someone's book (or see if plot has any for sale). The effects your going to see a Lot IG (like elemental shield) and the reigents have both simple and complex answers. The LCO item is something thats local chapter only. If its an magic item tag, then its a magic item, if its something that looks like the reagents, then it may be a catalist. However if you cant read it show it to plot when you can and they should be able to tell you what its supposed to say.

jpariury said:
Howdy. To start, I'd heavily recommend getting a rulebook. Most of these are covered in it. :)

Cures button-nosedredheads who have a penchant for tap-dancing. Antidotes, on the other hand, remove alteration effects, as per the rulebook.

Barry's response is misleading (or wrong, but I like him, so we'll say misleading. :) ). Elemental Shield stops the first "Elemental >effect<" call in a manner similar to Spell Shield working against spells or "Magic Effect".
What's wrong with it? It works like a spell shield does, except against elemental effects. You just worded it differently. :p

But that is just the tip of the iceburg really, but wouldn't you like to know what else Lhrayven aquired. :D

Yeah, and it wasn't even STOLEN!!! :rolleyes:

Balryn said:
What's wrong with it? It works like a spell shield does, except against elemental effects. You just worded it differently. :p
You stated:
This allows you to call 'Elemental Shield' to anything striking or delivering an elemental effect. It works just like a spell shield does against magic. (There are various spells such as elemental blade, elemental blast, etc)
The statement in the parentheses implies that Elemental Shield works against Elemental Blade and Elemental Blast, which they do not.

jpariury said:
You stated:
The statement in the parentheses implies that Elemental Shield works against Elemental Blade and Elemental Blast, which they do not.
All I can say is....I remember that now. Forgot that they made the crazy change. But also on that- its downright stupid from a rules perspective.

I still think the ARC needs to change the spell names in an addendum then, because I heard several elemental blast be thwarted by elemental shield at the event. The wording is specifically contradictory to the meaning. They may as well call something poison golfball and then go and say poison shield doesn't work against poison golfballs. Talk about confusing for newbies.

~B

I agree. There should be an overt distinction between Elemental delivery and Elemental damage type. The easiest way, IMO, would be to change the name of the delivery method and the ? Shield spell.

I think buying a rulebook would be most ideal. As for the 'CO' items, I'll probably bring those to an event and/or gameday to have someone look at them. I am pretty sure they are not a reagent, but we'll have to see.

Is it a popsicle stick or a tag? If it's a tag, it's an item. If it's a stick, it's a catalyst.

Sarah said:
Is it a popsicle stick or a tag? If it's a tag, it's an item. If it's a stick, it's a catalyst.

Popsickle stick!

Back