Opener Favorites

You know you love em. Post em up here to share the good times and make your friendly neighborhood plot staff feel better about their life choices.

The NPCs were so awesome, but that goes without saying. Without you there is no game!

Seeing everyone again made me smile. I love seeing each of your bright smiling faces.

Friday night in the tavern hearing old Syrandor stories from Tabin and Heresy.

Plotting murder

"I haven't eaten gelatin since I stopped eating people."

GAMES!! Mmmmsaaah! and "PAGE" who's character name I can never remember, Debora, Rothsphere - dominoes, liar's dice, story dice.

Purchasing black goo and promptly getting it taken away. SERIOUSLY you guys!! You cannot just go around taking an alchemist's black goo!

Getting more black goo to do research on and then high tailing it out of Chiram's Hollow so as to not get my new black goo taken away.

Actually spending time in my lab looking through every book I have for any info on worms!

Tzydl ready to kill her husband for putting himself in the way of danger via addictive black goo.

Figuring out the Euphoria Antidote thing.

Tabin guarding the goo.

Tzydl: striking a monster with 16 body
Mmmsa: "wow, I didn't know you could do that"
Tzydl: "I can only do it once, so don't tell him (the monster)"
Monster: "umm you just told me"

Tabin sacrificing himself for the people. This is one thing I LOVE about nobility being earned instead of dropped on us from the powers that be. I love when we see friends who have risen from commoners to nobility. It shows in their actions. I remember when Vry first made his appearance and now he's a Lord Knight. And Tabin becoming a squire was so awesome and hearing about how he offered himself to make the orcs stop killing the town. YOU GUYS ROCK!

New guys!! You drove A LONG way to get there. I'm glad you came and hope you come again.

Breathing bad guys. I love it when alchemy is effective!

This opener was everything I ever wanted in a game.

PCs: we won't kill you. We'll give you a fair trial and plead for mercy on your behalf. We want your leader.

NPCs: ummmm. OK. (Proceeds to beat leader to a pulp.)

- New players! You guys absolutely rocked. New players are what keeps the game fresh and entertaining, and it was great to see you guys have such enthusiasm to play and learn!

- Along the same lines, the crunchy undead that kept coming out to give our new PC rockstars some practice. NPC's, you guys are awesome for playing along with that.

- M'Sa! Leslie, I absolutely loved this character and the conversations we had, as well as slowly coming to the realization of where she is probably from.

- Team Scout Goon Squad. Heresy, Sevaria, and Vry make a mean, mean trio.

- Being able to completely stop an encounter with parlay. This is a welcome change, and hope we can keep this precedent in the future.

- Curtis and Anja. Two exceptional characters that I look forward to seeing accomplish great things. Great conversations with you two.

- The various plots over the course of the weekend. It was a nice change of pace to just be in the "clean-up" process after a war, and seeing how things went to crap while we were focusing on bigger issues. Somehow, it seems just as satisfying doing small good deeds for people and not saving the world.

- A small event! I felt more effective than ever, and having my effects actually work was cool too. The overall scaling of the weekend was spot on, and I imagine that was a tough with the bimodal distribution of player levels that we had, as well as the nearly 1:1 ratio. It was a welcoming feeling having very few people in-town, like a little rag-tag band of adventurers.

- The "LET'S KILL A LICH AND GET TWO GOLD" decision in the middle of the night.

I'm sure there are more that I'll remember, but I have finals I have to study for.

EDIT: How could I forget? Congrats to Dan for surviving his first weekend as owner! Along with your staff, you ran a kick-*** event, and I'm looking forward to the direction you're going to take the chapter. Here's to more awesome events!

~I'm right there with everyone else, new PC's and NPC's alike are awesome! And they all stepped up like champs - tossed into important situations right away and owning them.

~It also was really interesting and challenging to have that small town mindset and all that came with it, it really made me feel I had to step up my game.

~ The Don't Bother Construct note. I'm sad we had to dust it, I would have liked to see it wander by in a few years with the note still attached.

~Tzydal always cracks me up - I loved how excited she was that she had cut up carrots for dinner with her alchemy knife, though she couldn't remember if she'd washed it first.

~Since I haven't seen it spelled yet, I can only guess, but go U'lak Kushann!

~Having some pretty deep conversations with various people as repercussions of that. It's hard to switch your mindset on the spot but it was certainly fun to try and convince people of her warm embrace!

~Tea with Teawaddle! Also M'Sa's joining us for tea and learning a bit about her.

~Evan's epic speech as he presented the picture of Crowe.

~Tying all the threads together after Sevaria's conversation with Fillipe to realize the shadow dragon had infiltrated deeper than we thought. This was brought about full force later in the night with the Dragon Pantherghast nearly popped the circle and I almost had a heart attack.

~Teaming up with Anja against a smaller Pantheghast.

~Getting a peak at Chithuss's mindset. Can I really feel sorry for the Withering?

~Sitting with Koi in the dark to the side of the tavern and screwing with the reptalon who totally thought he was going to get the jump on us when we already had a circle around us.

~Really taking it back down to the small stuff. It's just as satisfying to help out the new farmers as saving the world sometimes.

~Parlay for the win!

~Losing. Sometimes it's hard not to win, but we were outmatched and the ending felt right. It's setting up some great conflicts for in the future.

~Two gold for a liches phylactery. We are not made of good ideas late Saturday night.

Great event guys!
~Stacey

-First time I have ever been able to say this from the other side of the fence. NPCS you are amazing! And terrifying. :)

-Same with the PCs. You were infinitely patient with me and made all my new player anxiety melt away almost instantly.

-Hob/goblin mod: If only for the amazing NPCs and their hilarious statements.

"Oww! My leg!"
"OWW! My other leg!"
"I'm going to eat you to fill the hole you just put in my stomach!"

First mod of the weekend. Favorite mod of the weekend.

-Good morning, Anja. Here's a Pantherghast.

-Anja's startling amazement at seeing a dragon for the first time, and the rather rapid dissolution of said amazement when he started taking.

-"Curtis, you can't just ask a dragon to do that! He's a dragon!"

-Sideways and Eugenia Too Many Pennies.

-Getting to watch all the big kids talk smack about their two gold litch hunt. (And getting to see them when they got back to town with it.)

-Sitting outside the tavern in the dark after a midnight lesson in tactics with Vry, Ocean, Curtis and Sevaria just talking and laughing about everything and nothing at all... you know, until that flayed hand showed up in the tavern.

-And pretty much every moment of conversation with everyone all weekend. PCs and NPCs alike. Seriously, it was all pretty amazing. I never felt out of the loop, even when I had to step out of game for a few hours for medical reasons. That's pretty incredible.

Well done plot staff! Can't wait for June.

Last edited:
The new plot and flavor were all cool. There was a lot of communication about what was going on and what was being tried to deal with it, and I liked it. I felt informed, with so many NPCs who came in and shared what they were looking for and why, and the small event making it easy to ask what was up and see what was going on. I'm really looking forward to seeing where it all goes.

Being overwhelmed by the sheer number of slavers to go from Not wanting the legal responsibility for killing them rather than capturing them, to Kill them all day every day in the span of a few hours. It's jarring, but easier to get stuff done when you get hit in the face with the time is right now to get things done.

The go find a slave boat mod, in significant part because Sideways is hilarious.

The mortal bane mod. Oops, we took forever and chewed on the red herring a lot, but it was quite interesting sorting it out and learning a bunch of things along the way. The power of teamwork! The whole setup and mechanic of it was very engaging and Chithis is quite the character.

Also on that mod, how Thauphidian answered the question of what was the purpose of the Legion of the Vigil. I ended up spending a good while after thinking about it, because I'd gotten stuck on struggling to put.into words a very literal and short-term answer, and he cut straight to the motivation, and I had some feelings about that.

Tabin stepping up and saying he'd trade himself to the Orc warlord in exchange to get back five people. That is a big damn hero moment.

Seeing a problem solved through talking.

Spending a ton of time RP in the tavern.

New Plaeyrs! New PCs!

And of course, thank you NPCs for tirelessly respawning to be whacked.

I had a great time and wish I could have stayed for the whole event.

The scaling was excellent. I love how much more build bought skills matter and stick when the staff doesn't have to account for 47 prisons getting thrown in any given wave battle.

My all time favorite moment was trying to chase down an escaping slaver, getting cutting off by Sean, finally catching up and finding a first level rogue (who was also a first time player) had run the dude down and was going toe-to-toe with him at the edge of the woods. That was bold and brave and awesome. I really hope he can make it back (despite living 7 hours away) so we can recruit him to team scout.

I particularly loved it when we dropped one of the tubes of black slime, and everyone was like "OH ****! Somethings going down!"

I mostly liked how pretty much everything that happened this weekend was the result of forty people (staff included) getting together and just rolling hard with everything that rolled out the door. There was very little in the way of meticulous or specific planning going in, and things went in directions we could not possibly have anticipated, and every thing that happened was so much better than what could have been planned for.

My favorite part of the weekend was the fact that everyone was torn between fearing the black ooze, and wanting to drink its chocolatey goodness. I learned how to tempt PCs in a meaningful way.

Be afraid. I can cook.

The whole weekend was a blast! THANK YOU staff and NPCS for rocking it out. And thank you to all the players for making us feel included!

Favorites have to start with Eugena Ten Pennies (would One Silver be easier) and her wonderful transportation expert, Sideways. I hope to see them again!

I loved getting all kitted out, getting nervous about seeing how many slavers we were facing off against plust the possibility of a golem, and the Lords talking our way out of it (Thank you Tabin!).

And I also love that Curtis, who's used to slogging it out with undead and bandits that you can hit, was disabled by every magic I can imagine: Magic death followed by create undead, prisoned, confined, and (my favorite) put to sleep by a scaley lizard guy and dragged off to be eaten. I'm sure glad an eternity dragon came buy and saved me! If I bristle and go defensive when I see someone teeming with aura, you'll understand why.

Really, the entire weekend was my favorite, and I'd have to list every single name! Great weekend, can't wait to do it again.

Anyway, favs:

- Wyrm plot. I like it when outwardly evil or notorious plotline contain something cool inside. Really looking forward to seeing where this goes and where Sev will take it.

- Politics. We had a Lot of political drama in game since there has been a shift in IC power, of which there has been some interesting IC consequences. I'm for it.

- RP with commoners. I really dig being able to interact with "commoners" and get that grounding RP we've been lacking in the chapter for years. The "who" in who we're fighting for is pretty important.

- Warlord Yortuk. I have a feeling he and Sev are going to have a Time.

- New PCs and new players. Excitement is infectious and honestly, refreshing to have as well. Keep 'em coming!

- A quiet game of questions with Dan's slaver NPC unraveling into a much larger and interesting problem.

- Sean's new heirophan NPC! I love that dude. Rockin' a skirt AND he's been chosen by the Earth? Hells to the yes.

SEE YOU IN JUNE, JERKS.

new plot and being able to kill things made the weekend worth it. Also, stupid-a-clock going after a Litch for 2 gold... yea how drunk where we?

fake Ivar kill with a repost! lol

- New PCs and NPCs! So glad y'all had a good time! We look forward to seeing all of you again!

- Having LUKE back in camp! ...And immediately sending him out to terrorise PCs!

- Trying to parse out adventurer culture as Justicar Vaune. "So... The way adventurers work is basically the exact opposite of the way everyone else works? Okay."

- Looking out across the field and seeing people ROLEPLAYING Blacksmithing and First Aid!!! People shaking out their armour, adjusting bracers, checking links, tightening screws; people wrapping wounds, feeling for temperatures, setting bones, applying poultices. It's such a small thing, but it made me the happiest. I think my heart grew three sizes this event from this roleplay alone.

- More than anything else, seeing people interacting with our new plotlines and running with them in all sorts of directions. I'm extremely excited by how organic this season is going to be.

- I am SO thrilled people enjoyed talking to the common folk. The world of Laerthan is so much bigger than adventurers and nobles and bad guys, and seeing players enjoy that interaction was wonderful.

- The near 1:1 ratio. Let's keep that up!!

Thank you all for playing. See you in June! BRING FRIENDS!

Back