Oregon people! Hear my plea!

People from Oregon, Chris Bishop needs a ride to the upcoming Feb event! I am asking a favor from anyone who will pick him up on your way there. I am willing to give gas money (thats right, money!) if you help him out, along with "owing you big time."

*gets down on both knees*

Please, he is making armor for me, and I need it too. If not for Chris, then do it for me! And if not for me, do it for really cool armor!

*begs*

I may be able to help, provided he is willing to leave the game right at noon on Monday (need to be back in Portland at a certain time). Where in the Portland area would he be coming from? When on Friday would he be ready to leave?

-Bryan

He said that he'll leave when you leave on Monday, and that he'll get picked up when you want to pick him up on Friday.

And here is his street addy:
6410 ne 41st ave

DigiRyan

I'd be more inclined to help if he'd actually coughed up the gas money for the ride last time, but alas, no can do.

Which is why *I* am offering to pay his way in terms of gas.

:p

DigiRyan

Rides

hey Bryan what time you planning on leaving on friday? I also have to be back decently early on monday, and a carpool would be nice. (especially because I am very poor, and splitting gas would be good.) Currently I work until 5.

Holly

OK. Let me describe my situation and perhaps all together we can determine what we want to do :D

I have a Subaru station wagon. It seats 4 easily with room in the back for a small to moderate amount of cargo for each person. I had planned to leave a little early on Friday, but would be willing to stick around until 5 to pick Holly up after work. Would you need any time to get ready/pack/etc. after work or could we pick you up straight from work and get out of town ASAP?

I'm driving. That's 1.

I have a friend flying up from San Diego coming with me to the event. He doesn't have a lot of gear (he will be borrowing weapons/etc. from me). His flight will probably leave at 4:45 PM on Monday afternoon -- so to get him in time to have advance time at the airport, as well as pack everything up, we need to leave site NO LATER than 12 on Monday. So that's 2.

Chris Bishop needs a ride. That's 3.

It would indeed be better to carpool if it works for Holly. That's 4. So the seats are filled.

Cargo becomes a bit of an issue here, though. If everyone can live without icechests, it would help immensely. Similarly, if cargo can be bundled into less "spacious" containers (I don't really *need* my footlocker, it's just fun to have) (Holly, this means your gigantic chest), it would help immensely. We can then pack smaller individual items much more efficiently, and I don't forsee any problems in this case.

So if Holly and Chris can pack things up into duffel bags, smaller containers, etc. I think we can get everyone in and still be comfortable (uncomfortable = less fun!) -- sounds good to me. And the more the merrier after all :)

-Bryan

rides

Cool, it would be great to carpool so I will find a way to please your requests. Although I must be entirelly honest when saying that my box contains all my gear in a much more spacious way then any bag I have, but I will see if I can pawn it off on someone else....hehehehe......which would put me with a sleeping back and food. As for getting out of here to go at a decent time, I will make sure my stuff is all packed and that food shopping has been done on thursday night so that I can leave straight after work. My plan is to get into work a bit early and be able to be back on campus by 5. So I would be ready to go at 5. As for leaving, by noon sounds good to me, I still have class and work on that day, (darn private schools not recognizing holidays) so I would have to be back at a decent time anyway.

Holly

Im sad that you don't love my box though bryan...it only took up to much room and got stuck that once...lol

The big thing with the chest is that we can't squeeze half of it on top of one sleeping bag and the other half under some food on different sides of the car if needed (unless you have recently redesigned it with Escher-worthy hinges).

So we will need to be picking you up from Forest Grove then? Ewwww... hee hee. I'll do it if I have to, but driving from Beaverton or Portland (don't know if I'll be working from home and coming out there that day or if I'll be working downtown and coming out there to pick you up afterwards) out to Forest Grove and back into Portland... would suck, to put it bluntly. Well, it wouldn't be too bad if I work from home, but from downtown...

Is there any way you can meet us closer in to town? Could you get to, say, JP's instead after work? Am I being reasonable or TOTALLY INSANE? LOW LOW PRICES! ZERO PERCENT FINANCING!

-Bryan

Holly, if you drop the chest off down here, I'll haul it up for ya.

OK. I will be at 6410 NE 41st Ave. in Portland a bit after 5 PM. He needs to be ready to go so we can get a move on as traffic getting out of Portland on Friday afternoons tends to suck...

See ya there!

-Bryan

Holly... what the hell do you keep in that box?! It's friggen HEAVY!

Sorry to say, Bryan, but Chris had to back out at the last second. It'll be just you, your friend, and Holly on the way up and back.

See you all there.

DigiRyan

Heavy? Nahhh...its not heavy

Dead bodies....those are the ones from the last event, hopefully they wont smell up your car to much....I will kill lighter people next time. LOL

Thanks so much for picking it up though Sarah, it helps me out alot.

Holly

Slice said:
Dead bodies....those are the ones from the last event, hopefully they wont smell up your car to much....I will kill lighter people next time. LOL

Thanks so much for picking it up though Sarah, it helps me out alot.

Holly

And she wonders why I whined so much about having it in MY car.

-Bryan

Back