Out of the blue suggestion (long shot): Allow strings on bows

JeffL

I believe that since the ancient Nero days there has been a rule of "no strings on bow reps." I've heard that it is because of safety concerns, but that is rumor (no reason is given in the rules).

A lot of bow reps look and feel nice with what I would call a "decorative" string. (Seen in other LARPs.) Meaning, the string is not there to propel anything, just to look good and possibly help you sling the bow over your shoulder. (This is not a "packet bow" that actually fires packets.)

Would ARC please consider removing this specific restriction so that bows can have strings?

If this was originally a safety concern (as is rumored), maybe check with chapter officers to see if that concern is still present. (My opinion on the safety is probably clear, and not really the point, of course.)

This is something that more typically you should bring up with the owner(s) of the chapter(s) you play for them to propose, and not something that, strictly speaking, falls under the umbrella of 2.1 changes.

As such, it really should follow the standard procedure for rules/policy changes.

If you'd prefer to get a more directly interactive reply, the suggestions box (https://alliancelarp.com/forum/forums/suggestion-box.498/) can also be used.

Back