Owning multiple workshops redux;

Status
Not open for further replies.

MathGwyson

Artisan
Related to this;
viewtopic.php?f=215&t=13778

I have a follow-up situation that may have not been considered. While it's not possible to USE more than one workshop for a given event, is it possible to own more than one at a location for the purpose of 'renting' it to other players, since workshops can be 'loaned' to players I do not see why this wouldn't make sense.

I guess you can have more than one, and lend it out. You just don't get the benefit of doubling and redoubling your production by using multiple workshops. One per person per logistics period, as far as I know.

(and at 10 gold per tag, that's a *really* nice person.)

Upvote 0
"These workshops are personal in nature and cannot be used by anyone else." (pg 56, first column). The rule book allows for the workshop to be sold (or potentially gifted, I suppose) to another, changing the character name on the tag as part of transferring ownership. It is clearly stated that doing so does not allow more than one individual to use the workshop per logistical day.

Renting workshops to other people seems reasonable if it respects the "one user per logistics day" rule. On the other hand, the quote I supplied would seem to disallow it. As it is my belief that the intention of the section is to say "Only one person can make use of a work shop per logistics day; it is not possible to use someone's workshop without their consent (thus preventing nefarious types from "getting there first")", I would lean toward allowing rented workshops. However, this is very much a gray-area interpretation and as such your best option is to check with your local campaign's marshals for their preference.

Upvote 0
@phedre - doubling and redoubling is obviously out, wasn't even going there :)

@dan - right.. misremembered. The selling rule where it says only one person may use it in a logistics day seemed to indicate that other people could use it, but that's an add-on to sale.

This is a long-term thought anyways, so it's not important for a newbie character - I just saw the thread I linked and thought about it since it could tie-in with a potential future plan.

Thanks for answering.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back