Page Policy

Polare

Count
Please note that the NERO Seattle Page Policy has been updated. Please respond here if you have any questions. I went ahead and deleted JP's old sticky since I was getting tired of editing instead of just posting :)

There are several changes. The entire policy was rewritten to clarify some questions that have come up. Specifically, the Advanced Page / combat section was changed substantially. The basic idea behind the changes is that an Advanced Page is free to participate (safely!) in a combat that is just between them and one other person, based on the concept that when they and their opponent are focused solely on one another the fight can be kept safe. Once any other participants join in - on either side - the Advanced Page must move a safe distance from the combat.

Should someone wish to quality as an Advanced Page, they must now (a) attend at least one NERO event or gameday (in any chapter); (b) have at least two marshals or staff members vouch for their roleplaying competency and rules knowledge, and (c) successfully complete the Advanced Page test (which Dave has copies of). Another change is that there is no longer a 3 body penalty for Pages. Also, Advanced Pages may now use Thrown Weapons as well as Crossbows. There are a few other minor changes and clarifications.

*All* existing Advanced Pages will need to take the Advanced Page test to continue as an Advanced Page. The one exception to this is the player of Shae Ryder (Amanda), who has already taken an earlier version of the Page Test. I will still be testing her on the new sections of the policy though :)

-Bryan

Here are a few examples of the new Advanced Page policy in action:

1. An Advanced Page goes up to Daylynn and lets a spell fly. Daylynn responds by getting his weapon within 5' of the Page and shouting 'Page 5 Normal!'. The combat continues, with several people watching but not participating on either side.

2. An Advanced Page goes up to Daylynn and lets a spell fly. The two fight for a while as in #1, but suddenly Polare steps in to help out Daylynn. The Advanced Page needs to start running. They can defend themselves on the way so long as it doesn't get in the way of them leaving the combat area.

3. Same situation as #2, but Polare joins in on the Advanced Page's side. The Advanced Page needs to move far enough away that the combat cannot sweep over them before they can remove themselves from the area. Once they're far enough away, they can keep chucking packets into the fight assuming Daylynn stops to fight Polare. If Daylynn keeps charging after the Advanced Page, that Page needs to keep trying to escape. Even though Polare is helping on their side, it's still not a 1 on 1 combat anymore.

4. An Advanced Page NPC rolls in with a posse of Goblins. They walk up to a squad of adventurers, old-west shootout style. Suddenly the Advanced Page NPC throws a packet! The adventurers charge the goblins. The Advanced Page must immediately move a safe distance from the combat. From there they may throw packets into the combat, as long as they remain far enough away from all participants that none of the participants could engage them before the Page could move farther away. If, in this case, one opponent separates themselves from the pack and chases the Advanced Page far enough away from the melee that the Advanced Page could reasonably assume they're now in a separate combat - i.e. the larger melee couldn't possibly sweep over the Advanced Page and their single pursuer - the Page can stand their ground and fight back, at least until someone else joins in.

Hopefully this covers the basic questions people have about how the policy works. Please chime in with further questions as they come up!

That all makes sense... except for the part where daylynn swung for 5... (unless hes REALLY holding back).. and the part where polare helped someone... (JK JK!!! DONT HURT ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =P You know you love me... ^_^)

This needs fixing:
12. Pages earn XP for each event just like any other player. If they were a Page due to medical reasons, then upon reaching the age of 14 they may create a new character with the same amount of BP and deaths or rearrange their current character with the BP they have earned.
Specifically "If they were a Page due to medical reasons, then upon reaching the age of 14..." Just a typo, really.

obcidian;20363 said:
This needs fixing:

Specifically "If they were a Page due to medical reasons, then upon reaching the age of 14..." Just a typo, really.

Good eyes there :) I will fix. Thanks!

Back