Period Boot Solution

Druk

Rogue
I needed some boots/shoes for warmer weather LARPing, and everything I came across was expensive or lacking any support for the foot. I remember seeing leather gaiters on WWII uniforms, so I searched around online and found these:
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=612617

I got mine in the mail a couple days ago and they're great. Pretty much one size fit all (though if you have narrow ankles/calves like mine, they are a little loose, but tighter than pull on boots), they cover the laces on my leather shoes, provide some ankle support and look pretty awesome. Total cost was about $20 for 2 pairs (total of four), so you'll have a back up pair in case you break a strap.

That....that's just awesome.

Brilliant idea, thanks for sharing. Makes me kind of wonder why there isn't a costuming board for sharing ideas like this.

That's an amazing suggestion.

Hopefully a Mod will see this and look into having it implemented.

Thanks. I just ordered the two pair single unit ... and for just $5 more I got three day delivery.

I hope they get my order out before they run out of these surplus items.

Great for helping to keep the ticks and chiggers out of my shoes -- and reduce the chance of getting bit. Plus, they kind of make my black walking shoes look like boots.

Wonderful! Thank you Druk! I just ordered myself a set (it looks like you get two pairs!) I am excited to use them for the event in Chicago!
Hopefully the drama will blow over in the SoMN LARP so that maybe I can return to that too :cry:

I did not want to make a whole new thread, but I wanted to ask anyway.
For the women out there, what types of solutions have you come up for shoes? Obviously high heel boots look nice, but are not at all practical.
Thanks in advance :)

Awesome jpariury, thank you! I have some good ideas now, I kept seeing boots like these but they were all high heels! :?

I'll second jpariury on those boots. I got a pair before my last three-day and they're awesome. Really comfortable, good looking, and they keep your legs warm when it gets cold at night. One comment, though- I have pretty large thighs (size 12 pants) and they're pretty tight around my thighs, so if you're larger than that, it might not be comfortable to have them in full thigh-high extension.

The gaters rock. Just bought some. I am a real big dude and they work great for me. They adjust to fit practically anyone. Thanks for the suggestion!

Back