Perwin's Famous Baklava now on sale! (US shipping)

Everyone from the HQ chapter knows about my baklava. I love to cook, and I consider baklava my masterpiece. I have made my baklava locally to friends, family, and even at my father's diner when I used to bake it weekly. I have also been selling it in-game since 1998 when I started playing at the HQ chapter. Perwin always gets healed up because the healers know I hook them up with delicious treats. :)

I am now selling & shipping my baklava to Alliance players. Baklava is great for any occasion, can be freezed for months at a time, and, best of all, is a great food to sell IG for money. I do it every event I play and it always sells out (assuming my team doesn't eat it all first).

Pricing:

16-piece order (about 1.5 pounds): $10 + $7.50 shipping
32-piece order (about 3 pounds): $20 + 10.50 shipping
Full, 15" x 11" pan (about 70 pieces): $40 + $13.95 shipping

All orders are sent via USPS Priority Mail. I am now taking preorders, but shipping will not begin until Thursday, October 1st. Any orders after the 1st will ship out within 48 hours of the order.

Click here to order today!

(Ingredients: Fillo dough, walnuts, butter, sugar, buckwheat honey, water, cinnamon, clove, lime juice)

Here's a little more history & detail on my baklava:

Over the years I have worked on my recipe. I was never fully satisfied until last year when I tried buckwheat honey for the syrup. The difference is amazing. Many restaurants & delis that make baklava use standard clover honey that everyone likely has in their home. Some don't even do that and just use sugar & water to cut down costs! Most also don't take the time to properly layer the baklava. Most stores just layer multiple pieces of phyllo dough, throw a bunch of walnuts in the pan, and then layer more phyllo dough on top. (Click here for a picture of "lazy" baklava!) My baklava is about 40-45 layers, with walnuts layered between about 25 of those layers. This means more work, but the difference is in the taste. It also gives the baklava a more "dense" appearance, as seen here:

baklava-close.jpg

A normal order of baklava looks like this:

1.5 lbs of Heaven
baklava-scale.jpg

Closer look inside:
baklava-containeropen.jpg

A full, 15"x11" pan of baklava (piece sizes vary):

baklava-pan.jpg

This picture of the full pan is the last time I used anything but buckwheat honey. This one was made with wildflower honey. Wildflower honey is fantastic stuff, and tastes a million times better than clover. I recommend this for every day honey use (orange blossom is great, too!). It tastes amazing in baklava, but buckwheat is still king. Notice how much lighter the baklava appears in this picture. Buckwheat is very dark and it shows in the other pictures of the baklava above.

As you can see I only use the best ingredients. I buy only the highest quality cinnamon and clove through Penzeys Spices, and I buy buckwheat honey from local vendors. My prices are still lower than most stores or delis will charge per piece--even after shipping! Not bad for what many consider the best baklava on the planet.

Once again:

Click here to order today!
I am now taking preorders, but shipping will not begin until Thursday, October 1st. Any orders after the 1st will ship out within 48 hours of the order.

Good luck buddy. The last time you brought it to the event it was the best stuff ever. I know I call it "greasy" and its not grease but that last time it was the best, as you said you Americanized it hehehe.

Hey Gee - how organized are you? My sister's birthday is coming up and then after that her big huge birthday party. If I paid for everything now, could you get one small shipment out a couple days before her bday and then a bigger shipment out a few days before the party?

OMG looks sooo delicious. Too bad I'm overseas :p Maybe I'll order some to have when I'm home for R&R coming up here in about 2 weeks!

I had someone send me some kiffle from a farmer's market in Bethlehem to here and it came still soft but I wouldn't want to risk anything that would take away any of the deliciousness seen above. I'll prolly place an order for when I'm home on leave though. What better way to treat myself? Mmmm!

Gwendara said:
I had someone send me some kiffle from a farmer's market in Bethlehem to here and it came still soft but I wouldn't want to risk anything that would take away any of the deliciousness seen above. I'll prolly place an order for when I'm home on leave though. What better way to treat myself? Mmmm!

If you're looking to treat yourself with something sweet it really doesn't get much sweeter than baklava. I've actually toned down the sweetness over the years to "Americanize" it like Dave said in a post above. Greeks usually make it very syrupy. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but I think I've found the perfect balance.

I've been getting a ton of orders from my gaming group (about 400+ active members across multiple games). The reviews have been great. Perhaps my favorite was the one from a guy who said he ate an entire 16 piece order all at once, and then passed out on the couch in a sugar coma, LOL! I don't recommend that...oh hell, indulge yourself. ;)

I had some of Gee's baklava delivered to my sister for her big birthday party. The main attraction was the band Cracker which she hired at considerable expense, but the baklava also got a lot of praise.

Back