Play Test Updates

ZeroDonavan

Rogue
Owner
New Hampshire Staff
Hello Everyone,

I wanted to reach out to you all with some updates related to the upcoming Play Test Event.

Firstly Kelsey E. is our Play Test Coordinator. She will be working with all of us to keep the Play Test Event on track and to collect feedback from the testers to send to ARC. It is my understanding that there will be a form to fill out (I presume online) after the event to submit our input.

Our character database has been uploaded into the CMA. You should be able to log into it and build your 2.0 character using it. Here is a link to a post on the forum where Chris explains its use and gives some links that are helpful for character development.

https://alliancelarp.com/…/setting-up-your-2-0-playtest-ch…/

The level cap is going to persist for this event. This will enable us to compare the feel of 2.0 vs. the feel of 1.3 with out needing to try to filter out any power imbalance due to disparate levels. This may add some extra steps to bring a character down to the level cap like was done at the beginning of the year. Due to the use of the CMA this will be handled differently then in the past. If your character in the CMA is higher then our cap please use the CMA free play or the character builder tool (links found in the post linked above) to build a version that is at or below the cap and communicate the differences to Logistics.

Also the Ritual cap is being suspended for the event. With no cap on ritual magic effects players can best test out the new and altered rituals in 2.0 and we can see if the goal of re-balancing magic items in the game seems like it is being achieved.

Thank you all very much and I look forward to working with you all to test the 2.0 rules set.

:)
Dustin

I have another update to add for our upcoming play test event. The packet makes note that chapters may choose to allow characters to utilize armor tags that are higher then the players actual armor physical representation. Since costume and armor are expensive and this is a play test we have decided to test this new aspect of the rules in that manner. All characters will be allowed to use armor tags up to their characters maximum (based on class and skills) armor. Anyone who decides to use this option must wear a red headband to demonstrate to others that they have more armor then they are repping. As per usual the character must own and have the tag for their armor on their person.

Thanks again and I'll see you at the event.

:)
Dustin

Back