Prankster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex W

I'm building a fairly extensive list of characters I want to play. One is a very free spirited gypsy with a knack for jokes and such. So naturally I was thinking about what props I was going to bring for my high jinks. One idea popped into my head of using smoke bombs for.... well I hadn't gotten to what specifically they would be for yet but I have them. Are there any rulings on the legality of that as far as, in game existence of like items, health and safety, or any other ruling that might make them legal or not to use in game?

I am guessing you meant a "free spirited selunari"? ;)

As for the smoke bombs, I have no idea. Good question. There isn't anything explicitly defined to suggest they are not allowed, but I would consult with individual chapters prior to using them in that chapter for safety concerns. IG, you could likely argue it is a family alchemical recipe (not tagged).

Most certainly avoid anything that could damage or destroy other player's props and garb (so no paint, shaving cream pies, mud, etc.)

Your state/county may have laws about smoke bombs, which you should probably check ahead of time. Additionally they can cause eye irritation and asthma attacks. Your local marshals/staff may also have opinions/concerns about what you can and can't use.

I don't see an IG reason they wouldn't exist unless the local staff has a reason for it.

Yeah I meant selunari! I saw a post about the national change a few mintestinal after the post. haha

I'm unable to locate a method of making a smoke bomb that wouldn't potentially cause lung/eye irritation, especially to folks who are medically susceptible to it.

As a Marshal, I'd probably recommend it to not be used at a Seattle/Oregon game, but I don't think this would really be within my purview, unless it was actively causing a safety issue.

Except for some sort of circumstance where you were using dry ice, I don't see how these could be used to the degree of safety I think they'd require. Well, unless it was an open field type of thing, and players could choose to stay a pretty good distance away.

You can purchase ready made smoke grenades from Airsoft supply shops. They are non-toxic. But, you would have to come up with a way IG that you have them. You definitely want to work with your local PLOT team and Chapter Owner.

You can purchase ready made smoke grenades from Airsoft supply shops. They are non-toxic. But, you would have to come up with a way IG that you have them. You definitely want to work with your local PLOT team and Chapter Owner.

Do you have experience with these? I don't, and I'd want to confirm that they wouldn't potentially cause stains or anything.

I do. They don't stain. I would not want to be inhaling them for an extended length of time, but they are fairly harmless. I make my own with Salt Peter and other things and they are also non-toxic (they just take longer to set up and execute). The airsoft ones are pretty easy to crack and toss. Out in the open you will be fine. In a confined space, you would want to go with a fog machine instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back