Preparing for Vacuum

Banradi

Adept
ALRIGHT. HERE GOES NOTHING.

It’s exactly two months from when we will be going to the Plane of Vacuum. Here’s things people need to know.

READ ALL OF THIS OR ELSE YOU WILL DIE. This is actually entirely true. I’m not just making **** up here.

The plane of Vacuum is probably the most dangerous place in existence/thing you will ever do. I have done my best to protect us from the worst of this, but that doesn’t mean the Plane of Vacuum can be taken lightly in any sense. So first, the bad stuff (which is basically all of it).

We will absolutely need a Planar Asylum. I have one of these, and will need somebody to cast it. I have a person in mind, but if somebody wants to volunteer, let me know. The Planar Asylum allows everybody to cloak ANYTHING 20 times. More on this and how to not be stupid with it later.

The Plane of Vacuum hates mass, so it is advised that you leave every single magic item you own at home. Sometimes magic items just disappear out of thin air, and the plane itself sucks things up and destroy mass (which magic has a lot of), like the ritual of the same name. Again, more on this later. Be patient.

Vacuum is basically made up of chunks of other planes swirling about, each of which has a smaller planar effect based on the plane. I will be guiding us from one plane to the other, determining which plane chunks we want to jump to, which ones to avoid, and when to jump until we get to a chunk of prime plane.

We will be getting to the plane of vacuum by stepping onto it. The Drevic will let us use one of their portal golems which will take us to the plane of death, and then we will step onto the plane of vacuum from there

Once we get to the chunk of prime plane, I will put up the Waystone. It is then when (if we haven't done so already) we will effectively send out a massive beacon letting all the elementals know we're hanging out on the plane, because I'm channeling a **** ton of mass to create the stone. You all should definitely be prepared for fighting them, which leads me to my next point.

The elementals on the plane of Vacuum aren't fun either. Most importantly, DONT CAST SPELLS. If any of them hear you casting a spell, they absorb the mass of that circle and can cast something that's also in that circle. I'll explain it more if you want, but basically DONT CAST SPELLS unless there are absolutely no elementals nearby. If you need to heal someone, use potions. This is why POTIONS ARE INVALUABLE.

The elementals also swing harder as they get more and more hurt. This is why it's best to take them out as quick as possible. Perhaps hit them for small amounts of damage first and then open up as they get weaker so that they don't swing for a lot of damage for a while? I don't know. I'm not a fighter. Just don't be stupid.

Vacuum elementals can't absorb the mass of blade skills, so IF YOU HAVE SLAYS, EVISCERATES, ETC USE THEM SMARTLY.

Now in order for all of us to at least have a chance, I reached out to my ancestors. While we are on the plane, I will be fifth dimensional. I can phase planar effects for all of us, which I will save for the really bad ones (like DFMs)

Also, if any of you die on the plane, your spirit will not weaken and you will instantly resurrect at my feet. There's a cost to me doing this, so please don't die.

After we put up the last stone, TadRon wants to go to the prison on vacuum, which is close by, but I don't know anything about. I'll leave that to TadRon. If he doesn't have a plan we'll just leave.

In short, I think more people are better for this, so if you're dumb I'm your rom. Specifically if you're a fighter or somebody who has a ton of potions, that'd be great if you came.

If you join me I'll be forever grateful... And I'm timeless so I can actually say that! Unless you're boring. I may forget you in a few years if you're boring.

Banradi Irani Moduri
Master of the Waymaker Stones

(OOG: We will be going to vacuum at SoMIs season opener, May 27th-29th)

Last edited:
I would absolutely love to go to that prison. Unfortunately I will not be in the area for that gathering :(. Good luck on that plane and don't die all!

You'll definitely be missed TadRon. I'll keep the House of Games safe, and then once we put the stone up you can visit that prison whenever you want! :)

This sounds like an adventure I may partake in as it may lead to something I'm in search of.

Pyke,

What are you looking for? If it's on Vacuum, it's probably not worth finding.

-Radi

I've set out on a quest from my clan to find something new and undiscovered. This is my initiation. It may be the littlest thing to a whole new land.

Well boy oh boy, your clan is going to be exited to go to the worst sounding place I've ever heard of. But in all seriousness, I would thank all of you adventurers who would agree to help mine family with this particularly foolish endeavor. Let us all shout defiantly into the plane!

Ardos Irani

Have you looked into getting us once ever blade skills? The extra magic items might draw attention but they'll fade as their used and might save us.

Also, can we ask or trick anyone or anything into attacking vacuum at the same time?

No matter what we come up against we'll make it through.

Lukas
Impressive title

Ardos,
Haha! Thank you brother! I appreciate it.

Well Pyke,
you certainly won't be disappointed. Just do not wander off.

Lukas,
What an impressive title! I have indeed been debating getting blade skills for people... I do not how many would attract too many, but since I can phase planar effects on vacuum it might be worth it, since bringing our own magic items in is FAR TOO DANGEROUS FOR REASONS ALREADY MENTIONED. Maybe I will ask Waymaker what his opinion is on the proper balance. No luck on tricking people into attacking vacuum at the same time. Most people aren't even THAT stupid. They would certainly die. It would actually probably be worse for us even if we could figure something out. The Drevik mine on vacuum, but they'll be in a different part of the plane. Which is good.

I hope you all are right. We really only get one shot at this, so we cannot fail.

-Radi

I am.

Unfortunately there is the issue of spirit linked/locked items, which is one of the reasons why I worked to prevent the planar effects of vacuum.

Although this is less than ideal, as it adds additional mass, exceptions will be made for the few items that cannot be separated.

I would absolutely love to go to that prison. Unfortunately I will not be in the area for that gathering :(. Good luck on that plane and don't die all!

TadRon-

If you get me the scouting information you have gotten on the Prison, I will lead those who wish to go there in freeing the one who is imprisoned there. It is in all of our best interests that he no longer be bound.

-Mathis

Ardos,
No luck on tricking people into attacking vacuum at the same time. Most people aren't even THAT stupid. They would certainly die. It would actually probably be worse for us even if we could figure something out. The Drevik mine on vacuum, but they'll be in a different part of the plane.
-Radi

Radi-

Were you unable to get the Drevik to coordinate one of their mining expeditions with our assault so that the attention of the powers on Vacuum are divided?

Also, does anyone know how to get a hold of the strange humunculus who occasional arrives in town with contracts? I seem to recall that his master has a vested interest in the goings on in that corner of the planes and that he might be of use.

-Mathis

Hi Mathis,

From the conversations we've had with them, if I remember correctly, there are always some of the Drevik mining there. That was actually our first ask of favors from them, but they said it was unnecessary to ask that as a favor for that reason. It's not really a favor... It's just something that they do. Instead, they are providing us a Drevik portal golem to get us into the plane of death, and then will show us how to step onto the plane of vacuum from there. There should be fewer elementals as a result of the Drevik, but I don't know how that is quantified. All bets are off once I start placing the stone. That'll be like a beacon.

Oh the contract salesman!? I love that guy! I didn't know his greater human master was interested in it. That's worth a shot! I'm pretty busy looking into other vacuum related things, but if somebody else could look into that, that'd be great. He usually shows up when there are new adventurers in town, so they might be especially useful in hunting him down.

-Radi

Last edited:
Hi Lukas,

Fantastic! Mathis has been gathering information on the prison as well, so we should be able to head there straight after I put up the stone, assuming I don't rift out or anything like that.

I will indeed be using that! Without the artifact, it would have taken me weeks to put up a stone. Even though it should put up a stone instantly, due to Vacuum being well... Vacuum, it should only take me about 3 minutes, as I'll have to redirect the energy into the network (long story short, the massive amount of energy is going the wrong way into the plane). Be prepared for a fight when that happens. I'm glad you found it and not somebody who has no idea what to do with it!

I'll be talking to Waymaker sometime next week to make sure I've got everything squared away to help us do this successfully! I'm planning on dreaming what I've learned closer to the gather so that it's fresh in everyone's mind.

-Radi

Back