Preparing for Vacuum

Banradi

Adept
ALRIGHT. HERE GOES NOTHING.

It’s exactly two months from when we will be going to the Plane of Vacuum. Here’s things people need to know.

READ ALL OF THIS OR ELSE YOU WILL DIE. This is actually entirely true. I’m not just making **** up here.

The plane of Vacuum is probably the most dangerous place in existence/thing you will ever do. I have done my best to protect us from the worst of this, but that doesn’t mean the Plane of Vacuum can be taken lightly in any sense. So first, the bad stuff (which is basically all of it).

We will absolutely need a Planar Asylum. I have one of these, and will need somebody to cast it. I have a person in mind, but if somebody wants to volunteer, let me know. The Planar Asylum allows everybody to cloak ANYTHING 20 times. More on this and how to not be stupid with it later.

The Plane of Vacuum hates mass, so it is advised that you leave every single magic item you own at home. Sometimes magic items just disappear out of thin air, and the plane itself sucks things up and destroy mass (which magic has a lot of), like the ritual of the same name. Again, more on this later. Be patient.

Vacuum is basically made up of chunks of other planes swirling about, each of which has a smaller planar effect based on the plane. I will be guiding us from one plane to the other, determining which plane chunks we want to jump to, which ones to avoid, and when to jump until we get to a chunk of prime plane.

We will be getting to the plane of vacuum by stepping onto it. The Drevic will let us use one of their portal golems which will take us to the plane of death, and then we will step onto the plane of vacuum from there

Once we get to the chunk of prime plane, I will put up the Waystone. It is then when (if we haven't done so already) we will effectively send out a massive beacon letting all the elementals know we're hanging out on the plane, because I'm channeling a **** ton of mass to create the stone. You all should definitely be prepared for fighting them, which leads me to my next point.

The elementals on the plane of Vacuum aren't fun either. Most importantly, DONT CAST SPELLS. If any of them hear you casting a spell, they absorb the mass of that circle and can cast something that's also in that circle. I'll explain it more if you want, but basically DONT CAST SPELLS unless there are absolutely no elementals nearby. If you need to heal someone, use potions. This is why POTIONS ARE INVALUABLE.

The elementals also swing harder as they get more and more hurt. This is why it's best to take them out as quick as possible. Perhaps hit them for small amounts of damage first and then open up as they get weaker so that they don't swing for a lot of damage for a while? I don't know. I'm not a fighter. Just don't be stupid.

Vacuum elementals can't absorb the mass of blade skills, so IF YOU HAVE SLAYS, EVISCERATES, ETC USE THEM SMARTLY.

Now in order for all of us to at least have a chance, I reached out to my ancestors. While we are on the plane, I will be fifth dimensional. I can phase planar effects for all of us, which I will save for the really bad ones (like DFMs)

Also, if any of you die on the plane, your spirit will not weaken and you will instantly resurrect at my feet. There's a cost to me doing this, so please don't die.

After we put up the last stone, TadRon wants to go to the prison on vacuum, which is close by, but I don't know anything about. I'll leave that to TadRon. If he doesn't have a plan we'll just leave.

In short, I think more people are better for this, so if you're dumb I'm your rom. Specifically if you're a fighter or somebody who has a ton of potions, that'd be great if you came.

If you join me I'll be forever grateful... And I'm timeless so I can actually say that! Unless you're boring. I may forget you in a few years if you're boring.

Banradi Irani Moduri
Master of the Waymaker Stones

(OOG: We will be going to vacuum at SoMIs season opener, May 27th-29th)

Last edited:
Provided I can find a way across the mists, I'll be glad to aid you in this endeavor of yours. I'm interested to see this "fifth dimensional" form you mentioned.

- Velnaeus Xevaz, Seeker of Creation.

Haha! Me too Vel. It'd be good to have you.

-Radi

Radi,

You know you always have my blade when you need it! Ill be more than glad to help you on this quest.

-Sir Nyio Sorn

Thanks Shiny!

If I am available to travel, I would happily assist. Some mass will have to come with, since it is stubborn like that. Not sure how useful my blade skills will be... but I can backpack/vorpal coat for fighters as needed :) Do you know where to find a surplus of vorpal coatings?

~Ahlana

And I can first aid! Which is like, the greatest skill evaH!

Do you if skill stores are viable? As they are both mass, and blade skills? Or dodges for pesky things like shatter spirits.

Thanks Ahlana,

I bet you could probably ask around from a few merchants! I know a few I could probably ask for you if you'd like.

Skill Stores are tough. On one hand we want to defeat them as quickly and painlessly as possible, but on the other hand we don't want to attract more attention to ourselves, which would defeat the purpose.

I doubt you'll see any shatter spirits, so I'd keep your dodges at home.

Ultimately it's your choice as you may lose them, but if you have an item with just skill stores on it, that's probably a good idea.

-Radi

Also a note about the cloaks we will get:

We can cloak anything, but using one of them counts as mass, which means the elementals can absorb that energy and swing harder, even if they haven't gotten hurt.

So again, be VERY careful with what you need to cloak.

I may be in attendance that market day on a side quest and will be able to help if needed. I bring my bow skills and alchemy.

Ahlana, burst pool+wands. I have some plans that I need to talk to Radi about. It will pertain to all Celestialists.

Fredrick

Is elemental magic considered mass? I know very little about vacuum. Isn't that where the bazaar is?

Anything Celestial makes me nervous. Elemental DEFINITELY counts as mass, assuming you're referring to something like an Elemental Stone Bolt. I can't see why it wouldn't be.

Right now I will say NO to everything about Celestial Magic, as I don't think it will work, but I will do some additional research. That's all I've done forever.

HAHAHAHA the Bazaar is definitely not on Vacuum.

-Radi

Last edited:
Banradi, pebbles will come with if it ok. Pebbles hit things lots, so that seem like it would be useful to Banradi.

Pebbles

Hi Pebbles!

Yes that'd be great! You're a great fighter, which is exactly what we need.

Safe Travels,
Radi

Banradi,

I believe Frederick's inquiry was regarding your definition of "Mass", as Flame and Lightning could be commonly considered to be energy, not matter. If I may, allow me to shed a bit of light upon the reason magic, specifically, the elements, are not an exception to the Elementals absorption. Assuming these Elementals function on the basis of anti-matter, each of the four elements included in evocation channel eldrich power to create that element, but by doing so take on its innate physical properties. Obviously, Stone and Ice both have mass, so they would be absorbed.
Flame, though most would consider it "energy", not matter, is actually comprised of various gases, which burn, creating the heat and light that Flame is used for, and those gases are a form of matter, therefore would be absorbed, negating the chemical reaction that the eldrich power mimics to create heat, while at the same time providing the Elementals with power.
Lighting, too, is comprised of matter, though at a much smaller scale: the eldrich power is channeled to form a stream for electrons, an infinitesimally small particle with a negative charge, one of the three parts of matter. The eldrich power, once it connects with a target, creates a kind of 'rod' with positively charged particles called protons another structural part of matter, which branch out to meet the electrons and form a pathway where they first meet, all the electrons flowing toward the protons and discharging in a bare fraction of a second, creating extreme heat and light. Because both electrons and protons are matter, however, they will be absorbed, once again negating the reaction.

I hope this will save you a bit of controversy and trouble, Banradi. I will try to be there for this endeavor of yours, of course, as I'd like to study these Elementals up close, but I may have more pressing concerns come the end of this month.

Sincerely,

Velnaeus Xevaz, Seeker of Creation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Vel,

I think it's a lot simpler than that... At least for Vacuum. I think literally everything is considered mass by them, including blade skills (to my dismay).

This is probably the worst place in all of Dragonreach... As much as I've thought about it, I don't really think there's any good "strategy" to fighting these elementals, other than systematically beating down each elemental one at a time and as quickly as possible before they get too dangerous, and even that's only mildly okay.

You said a lot of other things that I don't have the slightest clue about, but I'll take your word for it Vel. Hopefully you can figure out what's wrong with the mists and come visit!

Safe Travels,
Radi

Back