Prosthetic/Racial Make-Up Resources

I'll check that out. Hope they aren't too expensive. I guess I wouldn't mind a cloth tail so much as long as I could make it look nice and figure out a way to make it poseable.

If you were to sufficiently pad a thin wire, such as jewelry wire, though the cloth of the tail, that would make it poseable. The only issue would be with ensuring that the wire would not come out of any of the seams and potentially harm anyone (or you!) should you fall, or they fall on it.

I'd be going for a nightcrawler like tail so probably around the same thickness. Not sure on how long the tail should be. Nightcrawlers tail is like 3ft long or so! That might be too long to realistically have and it not be a problem, or maybe not. *shrug*

Really the best way to find out is to give it a try. Check your local wal-mart for their $1 per yard fabric...that way, you're not using a lot of money in your first attempts, and you can find a length that works well for you. The wire could be scavenged from your initial attempts and used in the final, if that's the way you decided to go. To get some width to the tail, try using some pillow stuffing, or 1" foam which can be found in any fabric store. The foam is a little more spendy, but it will pad just about anything very nicely.

I was thinking more swimming noodle for the tail. A lot of how to's on boffer weapons recommend swimming noodle now. I've seen em at the dollar store too.

TieflingRogue said:
I'd be going for a nightcrawler like tail so probably around the same thickness. Not sure on how long the tail should be. Nightcrawlers tail is like 3ft long or so! That might be too long to realistically have and it not be a problem, or maybe not. *shrug*

If you need some tips, pop me an email or a PM and I can give you some pointers, or a mini-tutorial. :)

I'm bumping this since I've been seeing a few repeat questions.

Back