Protective Reflex

Draven

Count
Is the intent of Protective Reflext to also have a “built in Prison,” as Rebirth does now? It’s not listed in the description.

It's a cool effect, but I gotta say, the verbal for it is a mouthful. That's not a hugely bad thing in the grand scheme, but I nonetheless foresee some people struggling with it.

Like a lot of changes in the packet, there are going to be a LOT of messed up verbal calls for a while; I don't foresee people as a whole being so persnickety that they're going to do more than gently remind you of the correct verbal if you mess it up the first few (dozen) times. :p

Like a lot of changes in the packet, there are going to be a LOT of messed up verbal calls for a while; I don't foresee people as a whole being so persnickety that they're going to do more than gently remind you of the correct verbal if you mess it up the first few (dozen) times. :p
This is precisely what has been happening during 2.0 playtests in Oregon.

Messed up verbals for a while are one thing, and I'm sure it's going to take me the better part of the year to get the new incants down, but "Protective Reflex" would be a clumsy verbal on its own. If you have to say "Protective Reflex, no effect, visible Prison" every time, that's going to be rough forever, not just for a few months as people sort it out. I don't think there are any other 13 syllable defenses.

Messed up verbals for a while are one thing, and I'm sure it's going to take me the better part of the year to get the new incants down, but "Protective Reflex" would be a clumsy verbal on its own. If you have to say "Protective Reflex, no effect, visible Prison" every time, that's going to be rough forever, not just for a few months as people sort it out. I don't think there are any other 13 syllable defenses.

Intercept, Resolute, Activate 25 Elemental Healing

Back