PUBLIC APOLOGY

Duke Frost said:
Gilwing said:
Weren't you wanted by the law Drak?

Not that I recall. And even if I was, it is not germain to this discussion.

Ranger Drak,

Perhaps Gilwing is thinking of that time in the corrupted Galanthian timeline when you were wanted...

-Cedric

Drak said:
Why not go peacefully and build new lives somewhere else?

I don't remember any violence when we left Fairdale or Ashbury. I also don't remember any members ever returning...

Drak said:
Spend your energies following the path of redemption and righteousness?

Seeking redemption requires one to have something to be redeemed for. While we may have shortcomings in other areas, the actions with which we we charged never occurred and there for do not need to be redeemed.

Drak said:
Constanly squawking about how terrible Sir Eros and others are merely make you look like spoiled children who have broken their favorite toy through their own carelessness and now demand the toy of another.

Drak

Actually, it is more like someone convinced another to come break our toy and instead of demanding another, we left the broken pieces to rot, but still try and warn others that their toy may be next.

My one humble request in all this is to please stop using the name of the team. The team was not "convicted", the team was not "sentenced". It was 3 people. We don't say that Blythedale was convicted of conspiracy to necromancy, we don't say that the Stormblades committed murder. My family has done nothing and it should be stated that way. If you want to say Gilwing, Gaara and Luigie fine, but don't say oh the Black Forest did it.

Squawk. Squawk.

Oops, I mean "Thanks for the warning."

Drak

Gilwing said:
My one humble request in all this is to please stop using the name of the team. The team was not "convicted", the team was not "sentenced". It was 3 people. We don't say that Blythedale was convicted of conspiracy to necromancy, we don't say that the Stormblades committed murder. My family has done nothing and it should be stated that way. If you want to say Gilwing, Gaara and Luigie fine, but don't say oh the Black Forest did it.

Fair enough.

Drak

Hoyce said:
Perhaps Gilwing is thinking of that time in the corrupted Galanthian timeline when you were wanted...

-Cedric

I have never made any claim other than that my loyalty is to the Ash Forest first and foremost and always shall be. Being in open rebellion against a false and corrupt government is quite different than being wanted by the law. Although this future now never happened, it wasn't the first time the Ash Forest made the correct decision in opposing a corrupted leader. See the history of Alaric Dragonheart if you know not of what I reference.

Drak

Duke Frost said:
Hoyce said:

-Cedric

I have never made any claim other than that my loyalty is to the Ash Forest first and foremost and always shall be. Being in open rebellion against a false and corrupt government is quite different than being wanted by the law. Although this future now never happened, it wasn't the first time the Ash Forest made the correct decision in opposing a corrupted leader. See the history of Alaric Dragonheart if you know not of what I reference.

Drak

Drak,

I agree completely. However the "Law" of that time (i.e. the corrupt Galanthian regime) was after you, as they were all heroes. I was merely therorizing that this is what Gilwing may have been thinking of.

The heart of this matter, the checkered backgrounds of Gilwing and Luigi (filled with both heroism and criminial activity), Ashbury's legal system, debate about Sir Eros' faults as a magistrate, the specifics of the case against Raven as well as the case against Gilwing, Luigi and Garra, are all topics that could each take full blown treatises to discuss even if there was no bias in any of the issues (which is not likely). I'm not sure that discussing them here will accomplish much.

Which may bring you to wonder why I am even commenting. That's a good question. Lets just go with "I'm trying to see if anyone has a Controlled Spirit Store scroll for trade."

Good day!

-Cedric Fruvous

(the dreamer is obviously very angry and extremely intoxicated)

The only one to admit to being a necromancer is Michiko... or whatever she is calling herself today. I have been around Twilight Elf' for a pretty long time and I alway' assumed that they would commit suicide before they became what they call an Oni. Oni are like Twilight Elf Super-Necromancer, good Twilight Elf' are supposed to destroy... it. I would never believe what she had to say' about herself so I am glad no one punished her. It is wrong to punish the insane, they can't help themself'. Then again it is wrong to let them walk around and hurt other people, or let them out of the forest when they are still just a toddler. This actually must be pretty embarrassing for the Twilight Elf people as a whole.

As far as she can't remember the other two that went with her.

That is a lie.

She remember', she just only want' to harm three people. I on the other hand have a great memory. I am not telling because what Michiko is saying is a lie that harm' more than just three people, not just their reputation but their hereafter. Everyone who was on that team is now a Necromancer...

me included...

damn. Hope the Amani don't come down on Drak too hard for hanging out with me.

You think people are going to believe even for a second that everyone didn't know, somehow Black Forest perfected keeping secret' and a family that close wasn't altogether responsible for the action' of it' member'. Please.

Gilwing, Michiko did you a favor. You didn't get executed and now you never have to go back to that place. Think of how many people are ex-patriot' of Icenia. The probability is actually really good that you will gain a noble title or start down a path of fathomless wealth. No more killing Dread Lord' for copper piece', no more cow' in the wood'. Michiko in her crazy mind probably did it to hurt the Ashbury noble' by denying them your blade, life spell' and experience. If that is what she did, she is actually kind of nice, despite being crazy. It is not like she travel' there and is replacing the steel. Ashbury noble' are the only one' who got hurt here... oh yeah... and the newspaper... because now they will have to find a different group to persecute for sale' while you are gone. Somebody should probably go check to see if Sue is okay.

All the good you did is meaningless. Sorry Buddy. Your own Dwarven King didn't even remember who that sword belonged to.

Only really depraved High Orc' execute people where they eat in the tavern. Very civilized.

Let it go.

-Santet

Cedric, I agree on nothing will get solved here. I think my purpose in dreaming here was merely to point out that the Black Forest's Song of Innocence is getting tiresome for those of us who have been around the adventuring community for a long time. Whether ten or five or one year ago...the song remains the same. If they are so miserable in Icenia...move on quietly and build a new life somewhere else. It could even be done in an isolated part of Ashbury. Staying in the spotlight in Icenia is obviously not working out for them.

Raaksa, why would the Amani get mad at me for hanging out with you? Are you saying you are a necromancer? In our travels, you have been, blunt and thruthful and have a tendency to eat things most people wouldn't. Those things do not bother me.

As for Black Forest, I don't know if some of them are or are not necromancers. I do know trouble follows them. I judge them only on their their actions and their words that I have seen and heard myself for a decade. I do feel pretty strongly that their "warnings" are actually frustration and hurt feelings, but they do not seem able to admit that. Evidently their reputation and these lands mean a lot to them. But as Ithaca says in some fancy language, action not words. The more the same words are repeated, the less their meaning and relevance.

This entire dream started with a public apology from Raven. But the apology seems to not have been accepted. So be it. I will turn my dreams to the Forest and the hunt and hopefully awake refreshed and not disgruntled.

Drak

Wow....ok let me start with ......everyone goto a river,,,,get a washboard,soap and get to work. Bunch of old wash women.
Raven, what happen was a mistake, we yes we black forest understand its over its done and can't be undone. Thanks you for taking the time to post.
As far as for our past.....really....really shut up folks, we get it we are not the shining knight of valor that people want around.... more like the mud and blood covered savages that people hope are facing the right way in a battle. I have served the law while a member of black forest, and I will continue to serve that I believe to be right. Black forest has done great deads and bone head stuipdity, can we all agree on that. We will never be seen as the good guys....**** rock and I travel from land to land, fighting to save the lives of many people.....yes we took our spoils of war and bloodshed. But hey we need to eat......and **** look I eat a lot. The other are hurt yes, it sucks having to give up our homes we have been apart of ashbury for years.....but I also know its not over yet, not by a long shot. I will continue to fight for black forest. This is not crying or acting as a child drak, its a matter justice.
The facts of the case for the whole necro. Charges against us are as follow..... michiko's claims one of our members casted nerco...7 years ago. And as I was told she was too afriad to come foward....until?
If you look at this case for what its worth you can find a millions hole and misleads. The biggest thing that bothers me is justice and law are being used as a weapon ...which it is not intended for. Its ment to keep order and protect people. I will not rant on cause my clothing is almost done and I am about out of soap if any wants to have an intelligent conversation about all this please see me....
Till then wash women...let's just stop

Lyle

Goodman Lyle,

Vulgarity aside, well said and thank you for your honesty regarding your companions' past and how that has led some members of your group to be viewed. As you are not currently fleeing justice you are able to return without arrest and I will personally oversee your safety if it is your wish to advocate and present evidence for your comrades in arms. The crux if your friends' complaint is that they were not given opportunity to produce evidence for their side of the case, correct? If exonerating evidence exists then let it be seen and taken into account, if it has merit then let it be known. I cannot speak for M'Lord Eros as to if the sentence will be lifted, but if the goal of your comrades is to raise honorable resistance to His Grace's Magistrate's honor and judgement they must first publicly prove that they possess honor themselves and are able to prove that the verdict was unjust. All else is wind and sand.

First and Only,
-Sheriff Davin Holst

I've always been quiet. Never much to say. A law abiding citizen and I just kill bad things. If it swings at me, I swing back. If it swings on the innocent, I swing back. If it swings on my friends and family, I swing back. Very simple. I get called on to travel to said lands, I go. I mind my own business and purge the evil from the lands. Through my adventuring years I mated with a twilight elf and had me a son. I kill things and I reproduce, I'd say I lived a full life. Then I get called yet again to a land as usual. I go kill as usual. Then I'm accused of necromancy from 6 years ago. How? Cause the one I mated with said so. I say oh, that's ok because I know I do nothing wrong so I'm ok. I overhear from some important guy that facts don't matter, I'm guilty anyway. I say oh, that's no good. So very simply I leave. Why stick around? I leave, go home, kill the large rats that's eating at my garden, live life as usual. Will I ever return to receive punishment for something I didn't do? No. Will I miss my friends there? Sure. Everyone likes me there, cause I'm such a nice guy. Was there a life lesson in this? Yes. I shouldn't have mated with a coo coo twilight elf. Cause everything was good until I did that. Well my son turned out great. A nice guy just like his da. Everyone likes him.

Oh and thank you for apologizing to my friend for being a liar crying necromancy. You wouldn't happen to be related to that coo coo twighlight elf no?

Gaara

Brilliant and well put Gaara. Once you spell it out like that...it really is that simple. And you did make a great kid out of all this mess.

And who the heck is Santet?

Luigie said:
And who the heck is Santet?

That is Roc's birth name.

Back