Puddle Pirates!

Tom

Again, I'd like to say goodbye to everyone. It's been fun. I'm sorry I couldn't make the sept. event. My cousin was getting married. But the last game day was fun! I don't suppose I'll forget the Official Beat Up Tom Day for a while. I will ship out tomorrow, and I couldn't be more excited!

This whole hurricane thing makes me all the more eager to go off. I won't be done with my training for two months, but there still might be work to do. I saw on the news that the Coast Guard was helping lots of people in need over there. Made me all the more proud to call myself a future recruit.

Bush didn't say much on the news, though.

Correspondant: So, Mr. President, could you give us a few words on your plans to evacuate the refugees?

Dubya: Hurricanes are bad!

Dubya: ...

Dubya: ...

Correspondant: Um, thank you, Mr. President.

And he's going to be my CEO for the next three years. Sigh. Well, before too long, I'll go through Marine Science Technitian school, and I'll be serving the environment, so it won't really matter who's above me too much. Till then, I suppose I've got a few lives to save!

Maybe I'll take some leave and visit you guys some day later.

Well, go Puddle Pirates, and Semper Paratus forever!

*smiles* yes, you will still have work to do....

I used to live in LA, it is BAD.

I've already been informed of four people I know being dead or unaccounted for; and I only really kept in contact with about 7 or 8 people once I moved

Important distinction:
Technologist... One who uses, services, and understands the equipment Technician... One who pushes Buttons on a machine

Also important... Our CIC may be an idiot, but that doesn't mean you're any less appreciated for the job that you do. He's gone in three years, but the people you give aid to will remember it for much much longer than that... even if they don't remember you.

Service is its own reward :)
-Gideon

P.S. Good luck... uh, scream my name a few times :p make sure to post your contact info here so we can send you cards and packages and whatnot.

Back