Question About Ritual Components

Status
Not open for further replies.

wbush3

Scholar
Can a player use Goblin Stamps to purchase ritual components in one chapter for use in another chapter? Do those components cross chapters?

Just the same as magic items, there are Restricted components, which can be used in any chapter, and Local Chapter Only components, which can only be used in the local chapter. ("Restricted" basically meaning that the distribution is controlled by the treasure policy.)

The goblin stamp policy is going to be up to each individual chapter - some offer components and some don't. As far as I know, the chapters that do offer components for goblins only do LCO components for that chapter. You might be able to work out a trade with folks who play in the other chapter, though - goblin up some LCO Chapter A components and trade with a guy who has LCO Chapter B components.

Upvote 0
Just the same as magic items, there are Restricted components, which can be used in any chapter, and Local Chapter Only components, which can only be used in the local chapter. ("Restricted" basically meaning that the distribution is controlled by the treasure policy.)

The goblin stamp policy is going to be up to each individual chapter - some offer components and some don't. As far as I know, the chapters that do offer components for goblins only do LCO components for that chapter. You might be able to work out a trade with folks who play in the other chapter, though - goblin up some LCO Chapter A components and trade with a guy who has LCO Chapter B components.

A point of clarification:

I believe Bill's question is more "Can other chapters accept the use of LCO components in other chapters?" than "What are LCO components?"

Note that LCO magic items can travel just fine, as long as the receiving chapter is okay with LCO magic items. Therefore, do chapters reserve the right to accept LCO components from outside chapters, or are LCO components fixed to the chapters they're created in?

Upvote 0
LCO reagents are not something that's allowed for in the rulebook, only LCO rituals. A number of chapters have chosen to create and use LCO reagents, but there are no rules written about them so it's completely up to negotiation between the chapters involved.

-Bryan Gregory
ARC

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back