Question about weapon construction.

Jordadar

Do I need a waylay tip on my sword pommel if I do not have the skill and therefore not be using that attack?

Thanks in advance.

Jorrdadar

No. Waylay tips and thrusting tips are both now optional. But like you said, you can not waylay or thrust without them. You still need the extra two inches of closed-cell foam on either end and you need to not be able to feel the core anywhere except the handle, even when squeezing really hard. That's where I see marshals deny swords the most.

2 extra inches of closed-cell foam? I've never seen that in a rules requirement and no sword I've ever made and had passed has that much extra. I've done my ends with about an inch of the blade/pommel foam extending,Q and stuffed with additional closed cell foam. The important thing is that when the marshal digs a thumb into the tip or the pommel/waylay tip, they don't feel the core, just the closed cell foam compressing.

Thanks for the info. I think they will pass now. I guess I'll find out Saturday morning if Sean gives them a thumbs up or thumbs down.
Now if only this weekend would hurry up and get here. :p

Back