Quick General Logistic's Question

jwconvery

Spellsword
I know a player can't blanket events that occur on the same dates. (Or attend one goblin blanket another)

I know you can only monthly goblin blanket one character per chapter per month. (whatever chapter it's housed in)

Can I monthly goblin blanket the same character in different chapters during the same months?

Meaning, I create a new character in Chapter A, and back blanket 3 months (Jan, Feb, Mar) of goblins. Then I ask my character to be moved to Chapter B, can I back blanket the same 3 months? Assuming no other characters in either chapter, I have the requisite gobs, and I send the logistics staff cookies as thanks for putting up with paperwork shenanigians. Is it legal?

I just need to get an alt up and running in an accelerated time frame.

-Joe

I would think not. As the database shows what dates you purchased games / monthly blankets You would not be allowed to switch chapters and then buy up dates that fall on the same as you have already purchased / monthly blanket

Joe,

No. A character may receive only one goblin blanket per month. When you switch chapters, the chapter sending the card informs the card's new home chapter which monthly blankets are still available to be purchased, to prevent what you are looking to do.

However, you may want to look at Oregon, SF, and Seattle, as well as TC. All of those chapters have run events in the last few months.

Robert Sachs
Alliance Logistics Committee

I didn't think so. But I thought it'd be worth asking.

Thanks.

Unless I'm completely missing something, purchasing goblin blankets is no longer supported by the rulebook (pg 147).

That said, I believe that purchasing multiple blankets for the same character during the same month runs counter to the intent of the rules.

JP,
They are no longer called "blankets", but still perfectly allowed. They are now referred to as "Event Points". If you're referring to the monthly "blankets", they are not mentioned either way in the rulebook...in which case, then you are mostly correct.

As far as the OP,
You can't get MONTHLY blankets in the second chapter, but you can still certainly get all of the EVENTS from different chapters, as long as they don't fall on the same dates (just as you said).

EricMarsters said:
Joe,

No. A character may receive only one goblin blanket per month. When you switch chapters, the chapter sending the card informs the card's new home chapter which monthly blankets are still available to be purchased, to prevent what you are looking to do.

However, you may want to look at Oregon, SF, and Seattle, as well as TC. All of those chapters have run events in the last few months.

Robert Sachs
Alliance Logistics Committee

Indeed. SF has a good deal of opportunities currently available. If you are interested in goblin stamps in SF, please refer to the following: viewtopic.php?f=94&t=9809

Hi, I have gobbies in a lot of chapters and I only play in one, it is my home chapter.

I can tell you from my experience you don't have to transfer your character to get the blanked events from chapter B added on to your character housed in chapter A as long as the dates don't over lap...

Let's for a moment say your home chapter is chapter A. If you already have monthly blankets on your main in that chapter you can not get monthlies for your alt in that chapter.

So making your home chapter some where other then where you play for an alt allows you that instant three months worth of blanketing.

Now lets call your character El Bob ... go with it.
If I home El Bob in chapter B and back blanket three months not events, and then ask for it to be permanently transferred to chapter C. I can not have monthly blankets for the same months blanketed for El Bob even though its in another chapter now.

I can however put El Bob in a chapter I have a lot of gobby stamps in and have it put on a list of auto monthly blankets while blanketing my main in my local chapter, and keeping my alt home chapter-ed away from my local chapter, where both my main and my alt get monthly blankets just from different chapters as they are different character's.

In short the fastest way to level an alt is to find a chapter you have lots of gobbies in that is not where you house your main, have it created, and gobby events for it from other chapters to that non-local databases character.

The only thing you have to look out for is:

if you play your main on the first weekend of a month and have applied a blanket from another chapter to your main for say the second weekend of the month, your alt can not receive blankets for events with overlapping dates, so if an event was available for you to gobby you would have to pick which, your main or your alt, whom would get the XP and whom would get the date locked out.

I hope this helps, I know how addicting the use of gobbying to level up a character can be. it helped me go from still waiting on my first life spell to capping off my four-up tree and starting my formals... right before a major boss fight.

Just keep an eye on what dates you're gobbying from what chapters because it annoys the piss out of your local logistics if they keep getting e-mails for dates and having to tell chapters to refund the gobbys because you can't get that events date.

Warlok said:
JP,
They are no longer called "blankets", but still perfectly allowed. They are now referred to as "Event Points". If you're referring to the monthly "blankets", they are not mentioned either way in the rulebook...in which case, then you are mostly correct.
I am referring to the latter, which, from the context of the OP, is what the poster was also referring.

Back