Quick question...

Polare

Count
I don't have my rulebook nearby and need to know. Will a Release spell cancel the effects of a Repel?

-Bryan

Unfortunately, it dunna.

We had this conversation on the Marshal board about a year and a half ago, and the answer is yes. Unfortunatly, it's not in the book or the addendum, but it was expressed that since it's a binding spell, a release should end it, as a release ends all other binding spells. Since it's not actually written anywhere though, and I'm not a marshal in this chapter, I'll have to leave it to someone who is to officially look it up. One of the threads that touch on this are around post 1056 on that board. The conversation is actually who has to be the target of a dispel to drop a repel, but it touches on release as well. (For the record, it's the recipeint who has to get hit by the dispel, not the caster, even though he's the one maintaining the spell.)
~Matt

Just did a check of the old Marshal board, search criteria: "release + repel". Only discussion on it was fairly recent, and it was simply a suggestion by one of the other marshals.

I don't want to say anything that may need to be taken back. I will try and make certain we have a clear decision by opening announcements at the next event.

Actually, here's a question for the Seattle marshals:

There were several rules questions brought up in the last event. Can the resolution of those questions be noted in the forum here, or at least at opening ceremonies? For example, everyone should know the ruling on Gypsy Curse (i.e. line of sight for entire time required? switch targets halfway through? need to hear to have it work, or can you yell and cover ears? etc.).

-Bryan

Polare Lissenstine said:
Actually, here's a question for the Seattle marshals:

There were several rules questions brought up in the last event. Can the resolution of those questions be noted in the forum here, or at least at opening ceremonies? For example, everyone should know the ruling on Gypsy Curse (i.e. line of sight for entire time required? switch targets halfway through? need to hear to have it work, or can you yell and cover ears? etc.).

-Bryan

Look for that in the next day or so.

Back