Race Changes and Build

Alavatar

Baron
Since I have never Race Changed I am curious about racial skills and normal skills with build reduction.

Say, I am a Dwarven Fighter with the Resist Poison skill purchased. I also have purchased 10 levels of blacksmith, which is -1 Build per level for Dwarves (so, 20 Build spent on blacksmith). What happens to the build if I Race Change to be an Elf?

Alavatar said:
Since I have never Race Changed I am curious about racial skills and normal skills with build reduction.

Say, I am a Dwarven Fighter with the Resist Poison skill purchased. I also have purchased 10 levels of blacksmith, which is -1 Build per level for Dwarves (so, 20 Build spent on blacksmith). What happens to the build if I Race Change to be an Elf?

Racials are refunded and build is adjusted as needed. If you do not have enough build to cover your skills, your race change will fail. (So, if you had Resist Poison and four levels of blacksmith, you could change from a dwarf to an elf, and apply the build from the resist to the blacksmithing purchases. If you have five purchases, however, no $200 for you.) It's generally a good idea to bank some build when planning to race change or spirit forge.

Your race change will also fail if you possess a skill that the race you are changing into cannot possess. Ergo, if you want to change from an Elf with archery into a Sarr, you must first spirit forge to remove archery from your card before changing into a Sarr.

Back