Re: Accountability, Town Auctions, & Town Splits

Shen [he/him]

Scholar
Chicago Staff
Marshal
Welcome to Kaida Senu fellow adventurers and travelers!

As many of you make your way into these lands, I would ask the following of you.

1) Please have your name written down for accountability and loot splits upon your arrival. There will be a large piece of parchment that will allow for this.

2) If you are apart of a larger group, please make a notation by your name with the name of your group. Furthermore, to save time on town loot splits, designate upon the parchment which member of your group is your loot split picker upper. For the moment, a star next to the individual’s name will suffice until we have a better system of denotation.

Those that oversee the town auctions/town loot splits will be basing their information off what is upon this. If your name is not upon this parchment, you WILL NOT receive a cut of the loot. We have had too many issues within the last few market gatherings that several individuals have gotten either smaller cuts or no cuts at all to ensure that there is no drama in regards to treasure.

The town box is held and managed by Shen of Fate’s Pawns. Shen keeps an up-to-date listing of the items within the town box in the Dreaming. If you are need of items, please speak with him and he will assist as he is able to.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With many adventurers desiring coin, components or other like items of treasure, I wanted to go over how most loot splits/town auctions are handled within our fair town.

1) Treasure is either a payment at the end of a mission by the individual that made the request or found in a box, bag, place of hiding. **

2) For the moment, town loot splits/town auctions will be managed by the following individuals:
a. Desylvia
b. Glenn Stormwolf
c. Viceroy Columbidae Dawn Henry Woodrow of New Zenith the 2nd (Woodrow)
If these individuals need assistance, they will request for it. Please do not walk up and attempt to help them unless you are called upon to help.

3) Components that are tied to the land are sold for 5 silver. Traveling components are sold for 1 gold. Components that seem to be tied to either Creation, Destruction or Time are sold for 5 silver.

4) Production items are sold at a silver per level of needed training to create. For example: an Enslavement Antidote takes 9 levels of training to create, thus costing 9 silver. Please note, if you believe an item is improperly marked on its creation cost, please speak with your fellow adventurers to see the current knowledge needed to craft all items.

5) Components and production items purchases are on a first come first serve basis.

6) We will be preparing 4 extra cuts per each town loot divvy. This 4 extra cuts are for as follows:
a. Payment to the Town Box to ensure funds are available for items necessary for the town
b. 2 splits for Reimbursement to adventurers that offered up personal items of power for the
building of our anti-wild magic lightning rod
c. 1 extra loot split in case there was a miscounting of individuals from the adventure

If we do not have need of the extra loot split, this money will be used to further accelerate the repayment of debt to the adventurers that have offered up personal items to the town. Once this debt has been paid, the town will only prepare the cut for the Town Box and the extra cut just in case.

7) When all items have been bought and paid for, your name or designated loot picker upper will be called to the table to retrieve your split. If you do not come to the table within 30 minutes, your split will be given to the town box.

**Out of Game: Treasure is given at the end of each mod here at Wisconsin. Please send a runner to plot to receive your treasure after each mod is completed

I want to thank everyone for the patience & understanding of this process. As witnessed by those in attendance, very little needed to change more often than not. But the clean and clear information as well as managing expectations allowed things to go smoothly & quickly.

With this new Process, it was determined that Euthemia would be the first person to be paid back for their forfeit of resources for a variety of reasons. Of which I am happy to report that with use of this system, the supplies were able to completely pay them back. So we give thanks to Euthemia for this forefrit of resources when they had the means and Ikari's Hope had the need.

It is Glen & I's hope that while we don't desire to rely on this system, as noted, it has already had a positive impact and having it as a clear & understood available option is a great safety net. As well as in the future, adventurers may be willing to forfeit things in spur of the moment needs, knowing that they will get paid back for them eventually. Ultimately the management of expectations & clear communication of ongoings remains our goal whenever it is an safe & available option.

As such, as noted in my communal supplies update, the supplies spent all of its 13 saved gold for things which Ikari's Hope has immediate or very near need. 13gold however was not enough to buy everything from the merchant and other adventurers were willing to cover that difference. My understanding that such was resolved then and there, or that Glen noted their names and amounts in my new communal supplies book. Either way that was handled, thank you for making sure Ikari's Hope was able to get the things it needs from traveling merchants we dont see often.

For the moment, Glen and I have chosen to not publicly disclose who has holds debts or their amounts. While transparency is good, to much transparency can lead to the creation of positive and especially negative feelings we would otherwise wish desire to avoid. Adventures help out when we can, it's not an official creed but something almost as good. No one should feel pressured, required, embarrassed, or treated any differently because they can/cannot or the amounts involved. We simply conclude that "this person gave up something they didn't have to, and have been paid back - thank you for helping when it was needed and you were able".

Debts do still remain, so next Market we will continue using four extra splits.

Any questions feel free to ask Glen or myself directly, or dream your question here.

Back