Re: Resist Fear and Terror on ARC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avaran

Baron
Referring to this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=98&t=15498

Does that mean that Resist Fear does not work on Terror?

This answer can be found in the rulebook under the "Resist Fear" description on page 66 of the 1.1 ARB:

"With this skill, a character may resist one Fear or Terror effect no matter how delivered for each time the skill is purchased."

Resist Fear does work on Terror.

Yes I am aware of the rulebooks interpretation but the ARC response to the Ritual of WOE question claimed that Terror was not covered as a "Fear" effect. That it was similar but different. That would essentially create 2 separate rulings on the same effect claiming different things. I was asking for a clarification on that.

Upvote 0
Dom said:
Yes I am aware of the rulebooks interpretation but the ARC response to the Ritual of WOE question claimed that Terror was not covered as a "Fear" effect. That it was similar but different. That would essentially create 2 separate rulings on the same effect claiming different things. I was asking for a clarification on that.

I took it to mean that it pertained specifically to the Ritual of WOE and the benefits that it bestows on a character. The scroll specifically lists "Fear" as a granted immunity, it does NOT say "Fear Effects"; those are two distinctly different things. The immunity to "Fear" that is granted through Rit of WOE is different from the ability to Resist Fear (and Terror) using the Resist Fear racial skill.

As far as I am aware, there have been no rules changes announced with regard to Resist Fear and its interaction with Terror. Until such an announcement is made, I think it is safe to conclude that the ruling you referred to only pertains to benefits given by the Ritual of WOE and that the Resist Fear skill works as outlined in the most recent version of the rulebook.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back