shared online gaming. The piece will be a 1-hour doc style look
at two couples and their love story- though the pairing may seem
unconventional to some, our show is out to prove that in true
love, there is no "norm".

Requirements:

Age 20s/30s (flexible)
From NY/NJ/PA/FL/AL
Open to sharing their story!

Note that the last Reality TV show like this (Wife Swap) who looked for LARPers wound up mocking the sport instead of showing what it was really about.

Yea, this definitely reeks of "we want a nerd love story" more than anything else. There is nothing unusual about meeting someone at an activity led by a shared interest organization, be it LARPing or the local community center bake sale. People meet anywhere, I don't see a marketable story angle to that.

The fact they are also seeking MMO players in the same breath really leads me to think they are are going for the "we want to show the ubernerds being ubernerdy with ubernerd love" story, which is spectacle at best and mockery at worst.

Yes, I am cynical and untrusting when it comes to things like this.

Speaking of LARP movies has anyone heard anything more about the Knights of Badassdom? or whatever it was called about Larpers?

Tzydl Zhitelava said:
Speaking of LARP movies has anyone heard anything more about the Knights of Badassdom? or whatever it was called about Larpers?

still TBA on release

While I met my wife through this game she and I have a pretty boring work/sleep/mortgage existence outside of a couple weekends a month. I'm willing to bet that we're pretty typical of most LARP involved married couples, and married couples in general. Me and the Missus would make for some boring (like, Dr. Who boring*) television.
-toddo

*flame on :funny:

Toddo said:
While I met my wife through this game she and I have a pretty boring work/sleep/mortgage existence outside of a couple weekends a month. I'm willing to bet that we're pretty typical of most LARP involved married couples, and married couples in general. Me and the Missus would make for some boring (like, Dr. Who boring*) television.
-toddo

*flame on :funny:
I'm with you.. not that we're really married.. YET... but close enough.
We're pretty boring people day to day... we work, we play with our kid and we go to bed stupidly late so we can get everything done that has to be finished in a day. We're pretty average and boring - I don't know if we're Dr. Who Boring, since I think Dr Who is not even in the category of boring... and nothing really compares to Garbage night in the boredom matrix.

We're the people they wouldn't want, because we make geeks look normal - because 95% of us are hidden in plain sight! ;)

Well, that depends on the producers of the show and their primary goal. Whether they want to make LARPers look incredibly strange or possibly show that LARPers are normal people too.

They may prefer somebody with a normal boring life (just like everybody else) and then cut to what they do on the weekend where they go and fight "dragons" and "liches" and "Chapter owners on stilts"

Back