Recent rumors heard throughout the region... (July-August)

Gandian Ravenscroft

Knight
Chicago Staff
Marshal
“What all lives in that Olothen Empire again? I know there are Orcs, Ogres, Ogren, and Oni, but I feel like I’ve forgotten something critical. I can’t remember because it doesn’t start with an O, I reckon.”

“I hear Renshi Ignathis is the next big name in combat techniques. I’m no expert with a blade, so I’m excited to check out his school and see what tips and tricks he can show me!”

“The latest report from the Ternian Wall indicates that while Viktor Hook himself is as fortified as ever in his tower, the undead masses are pressing hard on the Ternian capital again. The Emperor’s advisors say that he should finally consider evacuating, but the Emperor seems reluctant to do so, hoping to cling to the Capital as a last symbolic holdout of his empire’s strength.”

“I lost my favorite spoon after a lovely meadow picnic a few weeks ago, only to have some weird raccoon show up and try to sell it back to me! He said he found it in ‘The Junkyard’, but I know I didn’t go anywhere near any kind of junkyard. How’d it get there?”

“That Heeltoe guy rubs me the wrong way, but I’ve never managed to trace him back to anything shady. With all the issues between him and that new Hearthguard Draco, I thought he might have been responsible for that bomb that got sent to the Flaming Skull, but there aren’t any solid connections beyond just motive.”

“I’ll be frank - the rankings in the Solars Guild are a mess. The Solars are powerful, yes, but they seem way more interested in their own endeavors than actually maintaining the structure of the guild they supposedly lead. Anyone else want to take up the job of getting some of the members organized and straightened out?”

“Thank goodness we don’t live in the Sapphire Kingdom. I hear it’s crazy confusing over there right now, and while they’re doing an alright job of keeping the peace and preventing it breaking out into a full-on brawl for the throne, they STILL don’t know who’s going to be in charge.”

“Mirwhynne, Mirwhynne, who’s living in the deep… Mirwhynne, Mirwhynne, I’m drifting off to sleep… Mirwhynne, Mirwhynne, I don’t want to play… Mirwhynne, Mirwhynne, come another day…”

“When I heard that everyone in Abielle went missing last month, I was absolutely taken aback. Not because the people went missing, mind you - I was just certain that if the entire population of anywhere was to vanish overnight from the deeds of some interloper, it was gonna be Old Hearth. I swear, that place is cursed. All they’ve got are clay pits and misfortune.”

“People might not like Duke Kain, but I hear he’s offering endowments and sponsorship funds towards education and other community benefit programs if people are willing to jump through a hoop or two for him.”
“From a man called ‘Mad Kain’, I’m honestly not sure whether you mean he wants people to literally jump through hoops or not.”

“I saw that Good Doctor scum walking around an Arbor marketplace and alerted the city guards, but when they confronted him, he threw some kind of alchemical smoke bomb at his feet and disappeared.”

“Scorpion, Spider, Leviathan, Dragon… Four Clans, always dark and brooding to themselves. Does anyone know anything about them? They are all so aloof. Maybe if they inducted more topsiders into their ranks, that image would change.”

“I don’t know much about that new Plane of Metal, but I have to wonder if it’ll have effects on the local mining economy. After all, why mine for metal here if it’s more abundant there? Maybe if we’re lucky, some of the metal stuff that’s really rare around here - like Black Iron, Red Silver, or Truegold - might be more common over on the Plane.”

“Not sure exactly what I think about doing business with those snotty Gold Elves, but I’ve seen them more than ever in the coastal markets lately, trying to rub elbows with the local nobles.”

"Poor Gertruda - she's been having a heck of a time getting around with that bad leg of hers, but I still saw her meandering around town late at night recently."

“I heard them ‘Followers of the Path’ over in the Barrens are sick and tired of those digging monsters messing up their roads through the desert.”
“Digging monsters? You mean like giant desert worms?!”
“Pssh, don’t be ridiculous! I’m talking about land sharks.”

“I know they’re occupied with Viktor Hook and whatnot, but between a vampire slipping through their fingers a few times and some rogue members doing some seriously shifty things with magic lately, the Earth Guild’s not exactly looking too professional these days. If I were them, I’d get those issues locked down quick to help save face.”

“You met that Gerink fella? Says that he’s got some way to go deep reef diving without drowning!”

“Necro Sloths! You heard me right, Necro Sloths, spotted in the Eternal Empire!!”
“...is that like a Drop Bear?”
“Nah, that is another thing altogether. These are just weird sloths who are carrying around Hook’s old clothing and such.”
“...so, Not Necro Sloths?
“I wouldn’t necessarily say that.”

“I saw a guy with some gross, pasty mole on his ear the other day. He should probably get that checked out.”

Back