Regarding the laws of Sedovia...

Landon

Fellow friends and adventurers,

In the time between gatherings, I had the opportunity to visit the capitol, New Pascal, and I wish to share with you the outcome of my venture.

I spoke at length with a Mystic Wood Elf by the name of Minnowan, who was happy to answer my questions about the laws of the land and conflicts that have risen as a result. I would like to relay a few core points that came out of the discussion:

• Guild charters, while possessing great legal authority, are nigh unamenable, and great care is taken in their creation. She was quick to reassure me that abuse of power is something that occurs rarely, and it would take a great deal of evidence and investigation to amend a charter (something of which has never happened in Sedovian history).
• That being said, she did acknowledge that the situation with Barrett of the Crimson Fist was a "pickle", particularly in that the Crimson Fist would charge for information leading to the capture of Iron Tooth. She still stood by the fact that they were within their legal rights (and he would not be arrested), but that Barrett will no longer be within Foxbridge. A new representative will take his place, and the Crimson Fist will rescind their ban on providing aid to adventurers at Foxbridge.
• She suggested that if we had a problem with one of the guilds, and going to the guild itself is not an option, to contact Sir Irving of the Silver Blades to discuss the matter, but only if we arrive with strong evidence of wrongdoing.

I know we are all used to a different welcome than the one we have received here, and Minnowan is correct in that we are certainly experiencing a certain "culture shock". She has stated with great emphasis that members of each Guild are dedicated to the kingdom of Sedovia, as they are expected to be self-sufficient, pay taxes to the kingdom (which help sustain the army and infrastructure), and use what fees they levy to support their own families.

We are facing many great dangers here, including forces that seek to tear this world apart on a planar scale. As such, I strongly urge everyone to remain diplomatic when dealing with any Sedovian citizen. As it is, we are facing more than our fair share of enemies, and need not create additional ones. I will not downplay anyone's concerns regarding how certain matters are handled in these lands, and I would be more than willing to act as a conduit for any complaints and ensure that they are brought to the attention of the appropriate parties (be they guild members, lawmakers, or royalty).

Lastly, so as to take coin out of the question entirely, let it be known that I will I will personally fund any action that furthers the goals of our group as a whole, be it an entry test for a guild, upkeep for any services, or expenditures for any valuable information.

Many dangers lie ahead, and it is very important that we band together and establish a positive presence here. While enduring some of the customs can prove to be difficult, it can only improve our chances of success in the long run, as we need every ally we can muster. I thank you all for your courage and sacrifice during these trying times.

Back