Regarding the light in the sky

Here is my report on the events which occurred in the town of Ironwood about one and a half weeks ago, and which caused the lightening of the sky across the world at that time. Any questions on the information contained herein may be directed to me at my guildhall.

The explosion at the Magistratum guildhall in Ironwood was caused by a ritual we were performing in conjunction with the Magistratum. The explosion was caused by the release of vast quantities of celestial magic, which the circle was unable to contain. The blast killed all of us who participated, though life spells were effective for all of us save for the primary caster. Despite this the ritual was successful, though partially flawed.

The intent of the ritual was to change the nature of how celestial magic affects the undead on this plane. Our hope was to be able to make the elements more effective against undead, much as earth magic is already.

The flaw, however, prevented the ritual from being completely successful; while elemental magic is now much more effective against undead it is selectively so, not universally so. Certain elements will effect certain undead more than before, while some will remain unchanged.

The Brotherhood of the Star will be tracking these changes and keeping an eye out for any potential side effects of the ritual. Any assistance in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Shikar al'Basteua said:
Here is my report on the events which occurred in the town of Ironwood about one and a half weeks ago, and which caused the lightening of the sky across the world at that time. Any questions on the information contained herein may be directed to me at my guildhall.

The explosion at the Magistratum guildhall in Ironwood was caused by a ritual we were performing in conjunction with the Magistratum. The explosion was caused by the release of vast quantities of celestial magic, which the circle was unable to contain. The blast killed all of us who participated, though life spells were effective for all of us save for the primary caster. Despite this the ritual was successful, though partially flawed.

The intent of the ritual was to change the nature of how celestial magic affects the undead on this plane. Our hope was to be able to make the elements more effective against undead, much as earth magic is already.

The flaw, however, prevented the ritual from being completely successful; while elemental magic is now much more effective against undead it is selectively so, not universally so. Certain elements will effect certain undead more than before, while some will remain unchanged.

The Brotherhood of the Star will be tracking these changes and keeping an eye out for any potential side effects of the ritual. Any assistance in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Did he successfully resurrect or is he gone? He seemed to be a good man and I will mourn his loss in Ironwood if he is permanently dead.

I am not certain of his state at the moment. He did not resurrect nearby, and his body did not reform where he died. It is possible that the sheer amount of energy he channeled at the conclusion of the ritual was enough to consume both his body and spirit completely.

Shikar al'Basteua said:
I am not certain of his state at the moment. He did not resurrect nearby, and his body did not reform where he died. It is possible that the sheer amount of energy he channeled at the conclusion of the ritual was enough to consume both his body and spirit completely.

That'd be a loss for the town, especially as he helped us so much. Hopefully he will be well.

Back