Relaying a Message

Gandian Ravenscroft

Knight
Chicago Staff
Marshal
Adventuring folk of Hope’s Reach,

Last night, I was out on a walk in the red moonlight when I received a strange message, and it is from this message that I relay another message, meant for you rather than me.

I could hear the voice of a Magister speaking to me, and he introduced himself briefly as the Forger of the Eternal Skies, which was not the title of any Magister I had ever met before. Perplexed as I was, I listened further, and he informed me that he and I share the commonality of a friendship with the recently slain Tevie, Lord of the Crumbling Spire, and that, prior to his death, my debts to Tevie had been passed to his possession. This being true, he told me that he wished to speak with the adventuring folk of the region called “Hope’s Reach” of the new Province, though he stated that he was unable to contact you in the same way he reached out to me. However, he believes that Tevie was in possession of one of the speaking stones, and that if you can arrive at the remains of Tevie’s tower in the town of Gallows, you may be able to speak with one another through the stone.

Do any of you believe that you know this Magister, and would you like me to attempt to arrange for a gate to Gallows to speak further with him? As I work to fulfill my debts to Tevie and now whoever this Forger of the Eternal Skies may be, I can see what I can do to arrange transportation to Gallows when next the adventuring people gather, if you wish to speak to him.

May time fly when you're having fun,
- Adrian, the Sage of Temporal Terroir

Sage Adrian,

I would like to hear what the Forger has to say to us. Are you worried that this trip might be dangerous? Will it require everyone to clear a way to the stone or could we send a small group to hear him and relay this message. There is much that needs to be done in our lands and knowing when its possible to split our efforts is, always good.

Fredrick Crawford - Member of the Celestial Guild

Fredrick Crawford, Member of the Celestial Guild,

I do not think that going to Gallows will be necessary for everyone in your adventuring community, if I recall the size of it correctly. In fact, I do not believe the portal I can try to create would be sufficiently stable to allow passage for so many people! So indeed, I would say that you would be better off bringing a smaller group and relaying all that you discuss with the Forger of the Eternal Skies to the rest of your people.

In regards to danger, Gallows is in Province III, and I do not think almost anyone feels entirely safe when they venture there.

For those who don't know, Province Three is the Pit. The air is toxic and it's generally not very safe. Will the portal to Gallows provide people any protection from the gas?

Briar of First Forest
Protector of the Earth Guild

Briar of Forest Forest, Protector of the Earth Guild,

I think the air around Gallows is a bit more breathable, but it is indeed still fairly hazardous, so I will see what I can do to arrange for safer conditions.

Am I to take it that there is interest in hearing what this magister has to say and I should be arranging a portal? Portal creation is not my strongest suit, but I believe I can at least get you close to Gallows.

Adrian,

Yes, we would like to speak with this magister. Thank you.

Briar

Back