renaissance festival invasion

I'll be there as well on the 21st, also i hope to see some of you there. i'll be a cavailer with a very out of place sword.

david raatz

I was hoping we'd be able to go, but as it turns out Jen's relatives informed us they can only schedule this Saturday to come over and continue helping us get ready for our garage sale. :(

Who wants to meet up with Gorka? or Ride with Gorka? otherwise I have to wander around alone till I find you.

You must have all of your real weapons peace tied before you get to the ren fest. They do not give out peace ties there.

so where are they gonna have me put these guns... ?
-dawson

DracoIam said:
Who wants to meet up with Gorka? or Ride with Gorka? otherwise I have to wander around alone till I find you.

I think we ought to all wait outside the gate until around 9:00, regardless of when each of arrives individually. That way we can find each other easily. (For those of us getting there later than 9, I'm not sure what to say -- Keep an eye out for the green-and-orange-clad jingly one?! :) )

How about, we all meet back up at the Gate at noon for like, 15 to 30 minutes, and then any stragglers can catch up.

Perfect! :D

I purpose that we play Assassin tomorrow.

How to play: If you get a waylay tag on someone you assassinate and you get a point.

try to get the most points before you get assassinated

Has to be a SoMN person for it to count

If you get spotted before you tag them you have to wait and try again.

You can't get assassinated more than once.

After you're assassinated you can't assassinate

also don't get us in trouble with security

So, the plan is for tomorrow and to bring all our costuming (including physreps?) out?

I'm going to be wearing my costume (it's always more fun in costume! :D ), yes, but I hadn't planned on bringing my weapon reps. :?

I'll be wearing my doublet and my barristers pouch belt my self

I was gonna leave my sword in the car so if there was a major need to beat something with a padded stick I would be ready. You know traffic, road rage, or spontaneous fight practice.

I am going Green with tusks and flower and everything. Should make me easy to spot.

I'll be there, looking to hit around 10:00-ish, probably a gate time of 10:30 after the park and walk. I'll be in black as usual though it will likely be the new garb which I shall be picking up upon arrival.

Oh, and tip on peace tying- grab a zip strip. I remember them peace tying my daggers for me back in the day and that's always what they used.

That was the most fun I have ever had at the Ren Fest. Thank you to everyone who came. And we shall tell stories later, too tired now. I ate too many small children.

No small children were harmed in the making of the above post.

But, indeed it was fun. Well done to Gorka for her shameless plug and recruitment of Alliance! We may need a few more cards, I know I handed out a few to anyone who compared us to a rag-tag D&D group! Haha. Thanks again to everyone who came, it was a ton of fun! Hopefully we'll all get together again this summer and have even more fun.

To cut down on costs: we could all pitch in for some lunch food to be brought to the site in a cooler, kept cool in a cooler in a car and also bring some beverages along as well. No more of this ~$20 on food nonsense! I know I will be going at least three more times in the season if I'm lucky.

It was absolutely fabulous (even if I did roast in that custume)! :D I had a lot of fun and it was so great to see you guys again, and just visit out-of-character! More thanks to everyone who came! We definitely should get together like that again sometime!

i saw you there dark elf and gorka too at a distance so i wasn't able to catch up to you. i also saw DG there and a few others, it turned out quite well.

david raatz

Back