Report from the Front

Mathis

Scholar
To the brave adventurers who made their way to answer the call for aid this past weekend your efforts go far to breaking Bleak's hold on the lands of Dragonreach. My thanks go out to the following individuals:
  • Anastasia - the newest adventurer to join our ranks
  • Ardos
  • Ellabreaze
  • Fredrick
  • General Lukas
  • Taios
For those unable to make their way into the foothills an update on the war effort.

While the winter was again hard the efforts of of the past year, including no few great deeds by the "adventurers" of the Kingdom, made it bearable. Over these past months the armies of the kingdom have begun to make advances into the foothills of the mountains in the badlands (or as some refer to them the deadlands) between Michaelsland and Eastland.

The scouts and seers have found a glimmer of hope, wrapped in great danger. It appears that disturbances on the Plane of Vacuum have spread to the prime plane. A lich has risen up in Bleak's shadow and is amassing an army of the undead. This abomination appears in some way tainted with energy of Vacuum. While this makes it powerful it also provides us with an opportunity to gain a valuable tool to weaken our foe.

This past day we struck out at many areas where this lich has been active, dispersing some of his influence and uncovering a number of locations that warrant further investigation in our greater battle against Bleak. We were unable to locate the lich himself, though I suspect if we continue to harry it's efforts we will find it soon.

If you are able I ask you to join us again in three weeks time on the seventh day of May as we once again answer the call and attempt to bring an end to this creatures existence.

Travel safely,
Sir Mathis
Order of the Emerald Flame

Hi Mathis,

Do you know what these "disturbances" are? Also, what was it that made these undead "vacuum tainted"? Did you learn anything knew or develop tactics that may help us when we go to the plane itself in a little over a month? Are these enough questions? Would you like more questions? Well there you go. You're welcome.

Safe Travels,
Your Apprentice

Mathis,
I appreciate the kind words, but you know my shield is yours in matters of defending the kingdom.
Brother,
The king's astrologer detailed the disturbances, calling them tears into the plane. The tainted undead appeared to be filled with the plane's energy and grew stronger and faster as we harmed them. Tactically, I found that keeping them at bay and healthy left them much more harmless until we could quickly dispatch them with brute force and blade skills.

Ardos Irani

Hey there brother,

First off, you're so nice! I forget how nice you are sometimes. HA! Anyway, it's interesting that there are tears... Perhaps because that's the only plane that doesn't have a stone on it? It's probably more likely that the plane has just always been a ****, but hopefully putting up a stone will help!

I presumed that these tainted undead would get stronger.. but faster as well!? That's interesting. I definitely like your tactics. I had similar thoughts. It's probably best to keep them healthy and beat each one down individually as fast as possible, instead of having a lot of kinda weak elementals that are dangerously strong.

Safe Travels,
Banradi Irani Moduri
Master of the Waymaker Stones
Apprentice to Mathis - Order of the Emerald Flame

Thank you Sir Mathis,

I unfortunately wont be able to join you in taking down the lich. From what I learned from the seer, one hand of a lich consumes, it is this hand that drew in the powers of vacuum. It sounds like, and based on the area, that he does not have full control of this power. This makes it even more dangerous in some ways so be careful as there may be planar effects around him. Death and air are vacuum's domains so be prepared for lots and lots of deaths and, if I had to guess, plenty of dispels as magic in the area may be pulled in, though that is purely a guess.

Fredrick

Back