Reports and news from the Bastion of The Hollow

Re: Reports and news from the Bastion of Finn Castle

A Royal Proclamation from Queen Beah

July 29th, In the year of the Magi – 619

With care, please read things I have written

To my loyal subjects of Eire, to the refugees and Twice-born of Finn Castle Bastion, to our faithful allies at the Thelucian Portal, and to the newcomers from what is being called “The Bastion of White Sun” – my eternal gratitude, for the sacrifices you have all made, and for the sacrifice I must soon ask from you.

Monumental events have occurred in recent months. In April, Authenrai, my capital city, received word of the mists having reopened to other lands - continents beyond the mists, places we have not had contact with for several years. My knight to Finn Castle, Lord Justicar Crowe, sent word of adventurers pouring into his Bastion, and assisting to thwart the diabolical plans of the monster, Emperor Zahnicar. A force field of fire appeared in my city that day, and its power has kept any wayward undead from crossing into the heart of our city. Justicar Crowe also reports that the magical fire which surrounds Authenrai has in fact surrounded all of the Bastions throughout the land, protecting them from the roaming, mindless hoards of undead which plague all of Laerthan. I understand this magical protection was in some part facilitated by the actions of the Twice-born.

In recent weeks I have heard that a new permanent earth circle has been created; this has not been accomplished for nearly two decades. Early reports indicate that the circle is unique in several ways; most notably, it was created simultaneously by celestial and earth magic, but most importantly, this circle seems to serve as a mist portal, as is the case with all the other remaining earth circles of Laerthan. This accomplishment as well, to my understanding, was carried out by the Twice-born adventures.

It has been difficult to discern which tales were facts, and which were the embellishments of simple folk reaching into their imaginations for a meager hope. I recently decided to utilize the rifting skills of one of my paladins, a Fire-Kin named Lady Ember Brunswick, with whom which I have ventured to the new circle. What I have seen is that the reports are indeed true. A permanent circle has been created, and a new Bastion is quickly rising up around it.

At the behest of my Paladins, I have spoken with the Governess of the Thelucian portal, I have spoken with the Justicar of North Fortress, and I have spoken with Justicar Crowe of Finn Castle Bastion. The Royal Paladins of Eire have requested that the crown and its allies endorse a bold military campaign, and we, the ruling nobles of Laerthan have agreed to unite our forces in an effort to help facilitate the success of a mission, which is to capture and gain control over the lost portal, a place once called Chiram’s Hollow, in the fallen Kingdom of Syraandor.

Up until recently, it has been impossible to launch an effective military assault on the area known as The Hollow. There was simply no practical way to get enough soldiers through the portal before a devastating bottle neck of undead would claim the battalions that were sent through. However, with the creation of the new portal, and a galvanized alliance between the Bastions, arguably catalyzed by the return of our Twice-born adventures, the remaining civil and military leaders of Laerthan have determined that we must press forward through the mists to surround The Hollow with a defensive force from each Bastion. We will then send skilled adventurers into the center of The Hollow to either reclaim, or destroy, the circle of power that remains. Justicar Crowe has agreed to lead the Twice-born force into the center of the land, and he has agreed to confront what ever waits in the forests surrounding the earth circle of Chiram’s Hollow.

The specific military tactics which will be carried out cannot be posted here, for reasons you must all certainly understand. Rest assured, who ever goes into The Hollow during this mission will at the very least be protected from what ever monsters dwell in The Deadlands beyond The Hollow’s borders. A battalion from the armies of North Fortress, Thelucia, and Eire will be stationed just beyond the protective fire surrounding The Hollow. The Sons of Thunder and the Daughters of the Storm, a traveling mercenary army, has been hired by the crown to assist in this endeavor.

To any who will join with Justicar Crowe,

Please prepare yourselves as best you can for what ever may face you on the other side of the portal. All contact with Chiram’s Hollow has been lost for several years, and we do not know if anyone or anything now controls the circle. We do know that for the enduring safety of all the Bastions the portal must be reclaimed. If, however, the circle has been necromantically corrupted beyond our capability to repair it, then it must be destroyed.

The portals open next in August, which will allow us the opportunity to send word and supplies to all allied factions.

Be prepared in September, and I will send final word across the lands and through the mists.

If you will heed my call, regardless of skill, race, lineage or creed, if you will stand to help when others who out of fear or hopelessness might turn away, then may the fates protect you.

And lastly, if Chiram’s Hollow was ever once your home, upon you I most ardently call. Regardless of whatever it has become, this place was once your home, and within my heart I feel it would be justice that your hands be the ones by which it is reclaimed.

In Service,

Her Majesty Queen Beah of Eire

Back