Resignation

Kasuni

Squire
To All,

I am making you all aware now, I am resigning from the position of Captain of the Town Guard.

I can only hope that you all truly think about how you treat the people who put their all into helping in the future.

I want you all to know, that throughout the years, with each and every one of you, I have been nothing but honest. I have never intentionally harmed a single one of you. To the very best of my ability and knowledge, I always did everything that I felt in my power to protect you. I never plotted against any of you. I never let you die when I truly thought I could save you. I ran through and at groupings of corrupt to put up wards when we were under attack. I've shared all the information I've had with you. None of you, at any point, have been deceived by me.

If you've ever had issue, and you've told me, I've explained my logic and thinking to you in detail. If you've told me you had important information, I have always sat and listened. If you'd felt you'd been wronged, I've always asked how to make it right.

I had love for each and every one of you. I worked nearly 18 hours a day with paperwork and patrolling, casting wards on food stores and homes, listening to concerns, and explaining actions. I spent this time thinking almost entirely of you. During these gathers of adventurers, I took the several days every few months, when so many of us were in town, to be able to spend time with my family and friends in addition to working for the good of this town. I find myself scorned for taking time with them.

I questioned my own actions, and I questioned the actions of my friends and family. I questioned your actions, and I always sought improvement. I certainly was not perfect for all of you, but every day I tried to reach closer to what a perfect captain and protector might look like.

I understand that horrible things have happened to many of you. I understand that you are looking for someone to blame.

I only hope that if anyone is willing to pick up the burden of leadership, they do as good of a job as I have for you. I hope that they are as honest with you. I hope they care as much. I hope you are kinder to them. I hope that when you allocate someone to make numerous hard decisions, you do not scorn them when everything doesn't turn out as we would hope. If you do not start being good to your potential leaders, you will have none.

You have made a significant mistake in determining who you could trust and who truly cared for you.

I do still wish you the best, but I know that I am no longer desired as captain. You have caused me too much hurt to care for me only one part so much as I have cared for you.

~Kasuni

Miss Kasuni,
I cannot help but hear the pain in your words. For my part, I apologize. My wife and I walked under the stars for the first time because of you. We will never forget what you did and we thank you. I am saddened that it must end this way.
-Rufus Mercator

Because we never know who might be listening, please do not discuss anything pertinent to the situation out in the open. Rolo, if you are in Andar, you should make your way to Tarndale post haste, alternatively, if you are in the Valley, you should make your way down the route to Tarndale from the portal and meet up with Teth who can explain. Things in town be a bit muddled.

Raganzi

I'm pretty sure I'm in someplace called "Versuvia", the "when", though, that seems to be the tricky bit. I suspect dreams aren't quite bound by time, though. If I can, I'll write you and Master Teth soon.

Ah, my mistake, looks as we already went public. Adventurers are cheating, backstabbing, and manipulating each other, a large number of locals of the valley are blaming those that were leaders of the adventurers, possibly two or more of our own betrayed us, one was permanently killed for their part by the act. Independent of all of that Yames permanently died as well, Teth and Kasuni were charmed and deathed into the ground by the dryads we were supposedly helping and working with in the middle of the tavern, and some of the townsfolk implied we deserved every part of what we were getting. The lord of echoes was released and him and his minions resurrected quite a few of every group whether andarian, townsfolk, Shepherd, losua, or otherwise until Myself, Sir Krieger, and Sir Avaran were able to finally fell him in a flurry of steel and spite. Without the Losua the valley and everything in it might be gone. There is a large pile up of spirits that did not ressurect because it was either unsafe or there was just no one in the earth circle, so we can probably expect to see some familiar echoes if they don't all make it back. There was also no guacamole. I think that's about it.

What?! What happened with the dryads?! Why did they attack our people?

-Zeth

The Eyes also claim to close the portal. Running there with Maelas now to confirm it...

Draven said:
What?! What happened with the dryads?! Why did they attack our people?

-Zeth

Sunday morning, up in the tavern I believe. You'd have to ask Teth and Kasuni for specifics.

-Sir Avaran

Back