Respite Training

Dr_Chill

Fighter
Fellow Citizens of Hope's Reach (the area formerly known as Fort Miller),

As you by now have noticed, that despite the army pulling out of the area, that we have decided to stand with you to not only fight the corrupt, but to defend your homes and this land. Under the guidance of the 5 Guardians, we, like you, call this place home.

Thus far we have been able to hold off the onslaught of the corrupt, and we will continue to do so. However, there are fewer of us now than there were when the army was here, which makes it difficult to defend everyone and everywhere at once. We are not asking everyone to become soldiers and fight, but what we would like to do it to give you some skills to defend not only your homes but your families as well.

In three weeks time, we will be having a training session that is free to all citizens of Hope's Reach. At this time we will be providing one spear and one dagger per household (available while supplies last) with training on how to use these tools defensively, free of charge. Again, we do not expect you to become soldiers, but rather we seek to give you the tools and skills you may need to defend your families.

The training will begin shortly after breakfast on the 31st of this month. So come to the Falcon's Roost, check in to receive your spear and dagger, have some breakfast, and then be prepared to learn.

Kind Regards,

McGregor
Proprietor of the Falcon's Roost
Guardian of Hope's Reach

I should also note that if you are willing to assist in providing training on the 31st to kindly send me a pidgeon.

Kind Regards,

McGregor
Guardian of Hope's Reach

Councilman McGregor,

I, along with a few of my neighbors stopped by for this training you offered this past weekend shortly after the breakfast hour to find the tavern to be fairly barren. There were signs of people being about for the market day but we were unable to find you, perhaps we were too late in our arrival perhaps you are willing to schedule another practice after the cold winter months? Until then, Hapen Julian agreed yesterday to let us use one of his storage cellars as a storage house for supplies since he lives in a central location, although he doesn't want to actually fight.

Jonas Strack,
Member of the Hopes Reach Militia
"It's not where we come from, its the place we will create"

Jonas,

Thank you for getting in touch with me! I was most dismayed that no one showed up for training after breakfast, after I had arranged to have multiple instructors available. We waited for about an hour, and when no one showed up, those same trainers and myself headed out to hunt down and destroy the lich that has been plaguing these lands.

You indicate that you are with the Hopes Reach Militia, I would very much like to meet both you and the militia leaders, if there are any, as I have much to discuss!

I will arrange to have another training session available for those willing to learn in a month's time, I highly encourage any and all who wish to learn to defend themselves to come. While we do not expect everyone to fight, I want to give basic survival skills to any who wish to learn.

Kind Regards,

McGregor
Guardian of Hope's Reach

Back