Results of the Bounty [OPEN]

((Terren's voice speaks in the dreamscape. He stutters occasionally but for the most part is clear))

Greetings White Tenebrous Walkers, and friends from Tharros. Our travels have been successful, and the Baron's mission has been almost completed. Here is an accounting of the town and our primary mission for your personal records, if you have not been told, or if you are just curious.

Poppy Ridge, the town we were in, has begun resurrecting it's people in the wake of the death of Jotun. Every townsperson who was charmed has been freed. It's governmental figure, the magistrate (the true magistrate) has resurrected and begun organizing his people. This situation has been a disaster for them, but not so much that they are crippled.

The false magistrate- a Golden Dwarf, if you met him, was in fact a war criminal imprisoned within Poppy Ridge. When the vampiric charm was lifted, he fled. The Magistrate has told me that, while that is unfortunate, it is not a situation they cannot handle.

In the wake of Jotun's death the townspeople were able to sing and make offerings to the forest spirits. They have begun to be pacified and should not be attacking any longer.

Red Tusk Orcs, who are known to use chaos and necromancy, were identified in the area. They are not native to Sylvarus, and it is hypothesized that they came here following Jotun and hoped to recruit local orcs into their ranks. The magistrate has been informed though hopefully they will move on now that the more powerful undead are vanquished.

The items we have taken during our time here from the various locked buildings during the enslavement are ours to keep. The town is grateful for our help, and see these items as a small price to pay, particularly since the majority of the supplies went to freeing them.

Jotun the Vampiric Dark Orc - Permanently Dead.
Jotun met his final end during a battle at his encampment. He was staked, and turned to ash.

Sesus ni Vek the undead Satyri- Permanently Dead?
I have had it reported that Sesus ni Vek met his end along with a large patrol of undead at the encampment of Jotun, who he had allied himself with. His body was turned to dust when he died. Some more confirmations need to be made, but it can be reasonably assumed he is dead.

Yavelli Krushev the Karlik assassin- Permanently Dead.
Yavelli was discovered masquerading as a townsperson. She was surprised and taken down almost instantly. The details of her death were unreported as long as possible to prevent the information passing to the vampire. Her body was destroyed in order to prevent the possibility of her being turned into an undead by one of the others.

The Chromasity- Permanently Dead.
The Chromasity, split into it's five parts by daylight, attacked us in the town. It's five parts (it's body, for the purposes of a body count) were taken down separately and placed into the celestial circle, where they became lifeless before turning into various items, scrolls, and other such items.

During our time here it has been difficult to disseminate all the information gathered for fear of it getting back to the vampire and endangering the mission. That is no longer the case. If you wish to know more about the mission, any of the criminals, or any other details please contact me in dream or in person and I can give you what I know and/or direct you to someone who knows more.

We have accomplished vastly more in significantly less time than expected.

We have one final name on our list. Kelu the Voidbender. Kelu is a Noibla (human, if you are from other lands) with dark marks upon his face. During our time here he slipped among us in town under the cover of night, in plain sight. He has taken two items from the celestial guild- a book, and a dark gem- and then vanished. It is unclear what his intentions and purpose are. If you have any further details on him, or you have questions, please contact me immediately.

((Terren takes a breath. His intonations become subtly more formal, respectful, and polite))

Kelu the Voidbender, or by any name you prefer, if you are able to hear me now I request a chance to parlay with you. As I previously stated, we do not know your intentions and I do not believe you have hurt any of the members of our party outside of self defense even though you had obvious opportunity and are well known to have the strength. It is clear to me that your plans go well beyond those of the undead here, and I would wish to know of them- what you would be willing to tell me- before either of us make judgments that could hurt both of us. I am told you are Noibla, and that they are known for their sensibilities and honor. It is my desire to hold to these virtues if you will allow a meeting. Even if it turns out we are working at opposing goals, that is not a reason for me to disrespect you.
It would be an honor to meet you once more, with more true knowledge of each other.
I am easily found. Thank you for your time.

-Diplomatic Assistant Terren of Knight's Ferry

Last edited:
Master Morninglory said many of the towns folk who died had not returned. Perhaps they just were unsure of the safety of the town's circle? Regardless, so many stalwart spirits in a location is something worth celebrating indeed!

~Viv

People of the town have begun resurrecting ever since Jotun met his end, and I believe you are correct that the reason they did not before was the possible danger of the circle. There seemed to be quite a number of them, but as they are still coming the actual total of the permanently dead is unknown.

The numbers as I know them are that, of the town, about 50% was charmed (who are now all released). Of the other half, I was told that some managed to flee into the woods and away. We will not know how much of the remainder are able to resurrect, but it seems to be many.

It would appear that while this event has been a tragedy, this town will be able to persevere.

Back